Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prayers for Robin, hope she is found safe. RIP Bella.

Not much news being released. Big question is "Who , besides the husband , can verify Ms. Popes' arrival at her former residence?" Nothing from the roommate who she shared a residence with. Because of the length of time that has passed, my intuition tells me she (her body) is not on the island. I'm sure videotape from any security camera located along the exit/entrance to that island is being reviewed as well as Mr.Pope's alibi for that night. No word on the cause of death for Bella (Great Dane) . Very sad story ...

From the Community Search for Robin Pope page.
PLEASE read this regarding the water searching.....my org was out there with 3 sar dogs and 1 cadaver dog. The area you are talking about searching around her home has been done. DNR is out there with the sonar. They do not want boats in the water. Any searches have to be coordinated thru the state police or by getting in touch with Gina. The last thing we want to do is interfere and possibly do anything to case the police a problem with the case. We worked side by side with the police and the family on Sunday. All I can say is you really should get permission first. I can not tell you what we found but just caution you to let DNR and the police do the water searching

Just coming across this case. We frequent Kent Island b/c of the crab restaurants and will be heading that way this weekend actually.

So sad. Unfortunately, it appears like another domestic case. When friends say that someone worshipped the ground their spouse walked on, it only makes me that much more suspicious when there is a pending divorce/separation. People like that can get very possessive - and if they can't have the person, then no one can. As someone said above, when will it stop?!? :(

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/lo...ut-new-evidence-reward-in-missing-womans-case

Rachael Pope says a search on Sunday turned up a shirt they believe is Robin's. She says it was found next to where her dog was found. For this family, it is the latest clue in a mystery they are desperate to solve. Hastings says, “As the days go on and other people start to forget about this, it's getting heavier and heavier for us."

I still have not seen an official timeline for Robin for that Friday. If anyone has one, please post.

Thx

I still have not seen an official timeline for Robin for that Friday. If anyone has one, please post.

Thx
Me neither. I'm curious if Wayne was the only person to hear from her that day. This is all I've seen. This is a quote from Robin's friend on the facebook page:

Robin vanished on March 2, 2013, and was last seen by her husband Wayne Pope, Jr. on March 1st when she arrived at their home that evening to pick up her belongings. Robin and Wayne had decided to separate on February 1st. The last I personally heard from Robin was via text on Friday March 1st which read; “I am at a job interview with gnc, I will call u when I am done.” At approximately 1:30 am on March 2nd I was awoken by my daughter Jennifer (33) stating Wayne was downstairs and wanted to know if we had seen Robin. I quickly got up and went downstairs and met with Wayne. He was concerned offering that Robin arrived at their house at what he believed was sometime around 11:00 pm. During her visit, he said he left Robin at the house while she retrieved her things and visited with her Great Dane Bella. Wayne suggested he left because his attorney advised him not to be alone with Robin moving forward. Additionally, he said that once he returned home, Robin was nowhere to be found and Bella was missing as well.
While at our house, he asked me to call Robin's phone, which I did with no answer from her. Collectively, we thought it wise to check the Condo she had been staying at recently. Wayne asked my Daughter Jennifer (owner of the Condo where Robin had been staying), if she had a key to the Condo and asked her ride with him to check the unit and she did. Robin was not there. When they returned to my home, Wayne came in and he just kept saying he didn't know what to do as Robin just disappeared and Bella too." I suggested he go back home and call the police.
For 10 days we have searched up and down the beaches, wooded areas, trails, etc. everywhere possible with no luck what so ever. The purpose of this letter is WE DON'T WANT ROBIN TO BECOME "YESTERDAY'S NEWS." Although Robin’s story has received a wide spread of air time from our local media we do not want people to forget and we need them to continue searching as we have not given up; we simply can't.

The police aren't saying too much at all, but I'm really curious about what else happened with Robin that day, and who else spoke to her. I feel so bad for her daughters right now!

Me neither. I'm curious if Wayne was the only person to hear from her that day. This is all I've seen. This is a quote from Robin's friend on the facebook page:

Robin vanished on March 2, 2013, and was last seen by her husband Wayne Pope, Jr. on March 1st when she arrived at their home that evening to pick up her belongings. Robin and Wayne had decided to separate on February 1st. The last I personally heard from Robin was via text on Friday March 1st which read; “I am at a job interview with gnc, I will call u when I am done.” At approximately 1:30 am on March 2nd I was awoken by my daughter Jennifer (33) stating Wayne was downstairs and wanted to know if we had seen Robin. I quickly got up and went downstairs and met with Wayne. He was concerned offering that Robin arrived at their house at what he believed was sometime around 11:00 pm. During her visit, he said he left Robin at the house while she retrieved her things and visited with her Great Dane Bella. Wayne suggested he left because his attorney advised him not to be alone with Robin moving forward. Additionally, he said that once he returned home, Robin was nowhere to be found and Bella was missing as well.
While at our house, he asked me to call Robin's phone, which I did with no answer from her. Collectively, we thought it wise to check the Condo she had been staying at recently. Wayne asked my Daughter Jennifer (owner of the Condo where Robin had been staying), if she had a key to the Condo and asked her ride with him to check the unit and she did. Robin was not there. When they returned to my home, Wayne came in and he just kept saying he didn't know what to do as Robin just disappeared and Bella too." I suggested he go back home and call the police.
For 10 days we have searched up and down the beaches, wooded areas, trails, etc. everywhere possible with no luck what so ever. The purpose of this letter is WE DON'T WANT ROBIN TO BECOME "YESTERDAY'S NEWS." Although Robin’s story has received a wide spread of air time from our local media we do not want people to forget and we need them to continue searching as we have not given up; we simply can't.

Maybe I'm jaded, but it all screams 'I made my alibi' to me. I have a feeling she arrived much earlier than 11pm.

I find it interesting that he ,Mr. Pope , went to Robin's friends house instead of calling there first (it was 1:30am after all), I also find it interesting that his attorney advised him to leave the house and not be alone with her (this tells me there has been accusations of verbal/physical abuse from Robin,jmo). I find it unusual that he wasn't exactly sure of the time he left his home when she arrived. He never mentioned if the doors to his home were locked or not (I'm sure LE went through all that with him) when he arrived home. Alot of questions.. I also read an earlier account that she moved out of her home in December but "decided to separate in February" so I ask myself"after 2 months what would she need to pick up at 11pm and was there anything taken from the home ex. clothes, personal items etc.?... one more I also read somewhere that he didn't participate in any of the searches..I'm wondering if he was advised by his attorney to stay away.

Topcat, your post brings up several good questions that causes one to ponder on fact vs fiction. Since the beginning of the case I felt that a 11:30 pm stop to pick up some belongings and her husband's report that he left the house and upon return at 1:30 am (around then) found her vanished - while the whole scenario could be factual, it simply seemed odd. Add finding Bella deceased on the coast.... adds to the odd. Equally odd is that her keys, purse, etc was in her car. I had not thought of it before, but your comment on WP going to friend/neighbor's home at 2 ish in the morning rather than calling - odd. When I think on the events (as far as what has been reported) and try to put my mind into the situation, I keep coming back to the issue of WP failing to standing with his daughter for interviews, make a public statement or plea for RP, or participate in searches. Divorce or no divorce, RP and WP have a dgt together and have had a long time relationship. His "holding back" (or as far as it seems from reports) just keeps bugging me as - odd. At the same time, RP could have been followed and encountered someone at the house after WP left. I believe that LE are going to figure this out and pray that RP will be located. Also, I pray for her daughters and friends going through this horrible experience.

The possibility of a stun gun being used on both the dog and RP could make for a plausible explanation? Possibly someone stalked her after she left the job interview earlier in the day and then continued to follow her to the house that night. The dark area, the late night timing, makes for an ideal time and place of opportunity to abduct a small female.The death of the dog would have been a side issue in an abduction or an excuse to draw her there if the dog had already been shocked to death at the beach, prior to her arrival. If something like the first scenario did not happen, then common sense would suggest that WP seems to have the largest motive and emotional investment in his wife's disappearance, regardless of all the nice guy comments that I've read online Why have we not yet read any definitive post stating clearly where he was for those several missing hours? Why did he not involve himself in the search? The majority of husbands, divorce or not, would have, if for no other reason then to appear compassionate. The "I know nothing" excuse rings hollow! On her FB page posted in Dec 2012 there is an image of her lovingly sitting on WP's lap and being happy. Then in only 2 short months a divorce seems emanate? She willingly leaves a beautiful water front home and a husband of 10 years? Why? WP knows the reasons, just as well her closest friends probably know, possibly her daughters too, but everyone is silent. What ever it was that pushed her to make such a life changing, hard decision, had to have been serious business for Robin Pope, considering the short span of time from love to divorce. Having been divorced twice, I can attest to the irrational turmoil a divorce/separation can bring to husbands. Revenge is bad emotion that is clearly on their minds at that unreasonably emotional point in life and can take on a life of it's own for no rational reason. Infidelity, perceived or real, and/or assets/money are the biggest factors for irrational thought. If not acted upon, with time thankfully it all dissipates. For all who love and continue the search for Robin Pope, know that our prayers are for her to be found alive and you to have a happy outcome.

Has anyone followed the facebook page Bring Robin Pope Home! ? It is not in support of the husband, some things said are quite rough. But they do mention she was supposed to meet a friend at 7pm that evening. All calls to RP cell phone went unanswered. On the sheriffs page someone said she was at a gas station she frequented regularly and was very emotional said the attendant. I believe this was the day before she went missing.
All of this is just so bizarre.

Passing through Stevensville right now. Checked in to see if there was any news... :(

At Harris's Crab House at a window seat. Just saw lots of blue lights racing across the bridge. Probably not related but still wondering.

ETA: On the way home and seeing at least two different cars stopped by LE for whatever. What we saw probably wasn't related to Robin... But just thought I'd share.

There has been a last minute search started late this afternoon a couple towns east of Stevensville. Due to leads from a physic. The Wye River and Greenwood Creek are a bit of a distance from the Chesapeake Bay but I suppose anything is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back