Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There has been a last minute search started late this afternoon a couple towns east of Stevensville. Due to leads from a physic. The Wye River and Greenwood Creek are a bit of a distance from the Chesapeake Bay but I suppose anything is possible.

Any news on this search???

No. They did delete the information on why searching this area.

Seems the time has come for LE to make a statement in regards to updating the media on this case and change it's status from missing person.

State Police called when a blanket was found along the rocks/water by someone checking shoreline.

I live a few miles away from where this happened. This past Sunday a shirt was found near where the dog was found. They "believe" the shirt belonged to Robin. The husband, to my knowledge, has never gone public and asked the public for help or spoke to reporters. Also, from what I understand he did not partake in Sundays search. The vet that did the necropsy on her Great Dane Bella said the dog did not drown there were no signs of trauma but died of large tumors in the dogs chest. I have feeling Bella was in bad health to begin with. This is all so sad the dog looks so sweet in the pictures I've seen and I would give anything if they could find Robin. I recognized the name and her picture. I swear I've seen her somewhere - prior to her going missing - and what drew my attention to her was the black and white spotted great dane.

From what the articles have said Bella was staying at the house with her husband I can only assume that would be due to Robin's inability to take the dog with her where Robin was staying. I'm wondering if she stopped by the house that late Friday night maybe to check on Bella or to pick Bella up for the weekend. Robin was concerned about Bella's health. This is purely speculation but the dog may have been let out to run in the neighborhood earlier in the evening. Maybe when Robin showed up Bella was no where to be found. It was cold during the nights around the time period and the dog may have died from exposure along with it's health issues. Robin obviously met with fowl play somewhere along the line. If her purse was found it was obviously not a robbery. If the car was there it wasnt a carjacking. I'm having a hard time thinking this was a random abduction.

My heart and prayers go out to Robin's family . . . Please let's bring Robin home.

Has the shirt that was found been positively identified as Robins? the blanket?

So far the timeline has not been verified by anyone besides her estranged husband. I'm doubting the theory she was followed to the house as it doesn't seem plausible. I also can't figure out why she would leave her cell phone in the car. Even for a quick "in and out" visit ,my cell phone would always be with me. I wonder if LE checked for prints or lack of them( if wiped). Cell phone records and her apartment phone records might be the key to a timeline. I keep going back to the timeline because of the possible friction in the divorce (husband did say his attorney advised him to leave if he was alone with her). Somebody has got to come forward with info on a sighting or with rumors. Even though this is a small community it doesn't seem to me as being "close knit" because of the various comments attributed to "neighbors". Wayne Pope has a large family in the area and I'm sure one or two of the non-blood (in laws) relatives have heard things through the family grapevine in regards to the divorce situation. Very frustrating case (as most are)but a gut feeling tells me something is going to break in the near future.

I havent heard anything on the shirt/blanket that was found, I havent checked the news or the papers today.

Surely there are things that LE found that they are not telling the public.

I'm wondering if Robin was wearing a big heavy coat went looking for Bella fell in very cold water and just wasnt able to stay a float . . . I mean that does happen to people.

And I absolutely hate to speculate on the husband. I dont know these people personally and I know negative comments hurt the families. But this is just such a bizare case I mean with the dog and all.

Good people can be pushed to do bag things. I'll end with these words: lie detector test, store cams, a GPS tracking locator attached to a vehicle to track a particular person's movements.

I havent heard anything on the shirt/blanket that was found, I havent checked the news or the papers today.

Surely there are things that LE found that they are not telling the public.

I'm wondering if Robin was wearing a big heavy coat went looking for Bella fell in very cold water and just wasnt able to stay a float . . . I mean that does happen to people.

And I absolutely hate to speculate on the husband. I dont know these people personally and I know negative comments hurt the families. But this is just such a bizare case I mean with the dog and all.

Good people can be pushed to do bag things. I'll end with these words: lie detector test, store cams, a GPS tracking locator attached to a vehicle to track a particular person's movements.

bbm

The only problem with that theory is that the Chesapeake Bay is notoriously shallow, and most spots do not have deep drop offs. If this were true, I believe they would've found her already... I'm looking very hard at her husband right now. :no:

Oh my goodness, how horrible. With her dog being killed, this does not sound good at all. I wonder how the poor Great Dane was killed. It could determine if the dog seemed to,know the perp,or not

Sure sounds hinky and personal that the dog was killed. Not to mention another separated couple.

How could her car be there when....

Pope’s purse and cell phone were later found in the vehicle and her dog was found dead by people walking on the beach on Saturday afternoon

Oh and its HIS dog!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/03/03/police-search-for-missing-woman/

The dog was found dead near the pier; there was obvious trauma to the dog’s upper torso.

Divers will be searching the Chesapeake Bay Sunday near where the dog was found.

Multiple Jurisdictions Searching For Missing Woman
March 3, 2013

snipped......Shortly after 2:00 a.m. on March 2, 2013, the Queen Anne’s County Emergency Operations Center received a call from Wayne Pope, who reported suspicious circumstances involving his wife.

...The dog’s body has been taken to the Queen Anne’s County Humane Society pending further investigation.

...On the evening of March 2, 2013, the Queen Anne’s County Sheriff’s Office contacted the Maryland State Police Criminal Investigation Bureau and requested troopers take the lead in this investigation.

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2013/03/03/multiple-jurisdictions-searching-for-missing-woman/

FWIW (I am local) The dog died of massive internal tumors. There was no foul play involved in the death of the canine. I am hoping to join in a search this weekend if one is planned.

I will be searching sometime as well. I also hate to speculate on the husband, but honestly, every person I've spoken to is suspicious of him in our area. It's just too weird.

Saw the Greenbelt MD Canine Patrol at the local corner coffee shop this morning - no doubt they've been asked to aid in the search

Update/press release from the Queen Anne County Sheriff

SEARCH CONTINUES FOR ROBIN POPE

MSP Investigators continue to work the case with searches continuing by allied agencies. The Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit recently expanded their searches further in the Bay and into Eastern Bay and tributaries. Another boat and dive team from Calvert County was in the water on Sunday. In addition various aircraft have flown the area conducting searches.

Rumors continue that clothing found belong to Ms. Pope. However to date, investigators have not linked any of the items to her.

Several tips have been received from persons claiming to possess clairvoyant powers. These tips have been checked out as well. All information received by the Sheriff’s Office has been documented and shared with MSP.

Robin Pope was last seen on March 1st at about 2200 Hours at the home of her estranged husband on Beach Road in Stevensville. Her Great Dane was found the following day deceased on the shoreline near the residence.

Call the Maryland State Police at (410) 758-1101 or the Queen Anne’s County Sheriff at (410) 758-0770 if you have any information that may aid the investigation. Tips can also be emailed to the Sheriff at sheriff-info@qac.org .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....10150312971516207.338794.272285886206&type=1

In the comments section of one of the first articles, someone mentioned seeing Robin in Annapolis that night. Maybe she was on her way home and stopped by to pick up something. (I have actually wondered if someone followed her.)

I see no problem with Mr. Pope going out from 11 - 2 a.m. It was a Friday night and many people in that area go clubbing during that time period. (Not saying I know where he went.)

I'd check the "sports bar" (BB). That's where everyone goes. *LOL*

they would also have to know if/when he would leave and when he would return, too many variables for my taste.

They'd have to know he was going to leave when she got there, but if they were chatting her up earlier in the evening, may have known about that. As for how long he would be gone, well, it would be "safe" to assume you had at least 30 minutes, and people disappear in much less.

Is there an organized volunteer search this weekend?

don't you think she would have the key to her own home? So why would he wait for her and then leave upon her arrival? more questions...answers anyone?

I had a friend whose wife left the "marital home". Once he began dating someone seriously enough to have "sleepover dates", he sure did not want her to have a key anymore, but every time he gave one to his kids, she took it, and stuff kept disappearing from the house. It was not legal for him to change the locks! Since SHE did not have to allow him access to HER domicile during the separation, it doesn't seem "fair" that she should have unfettered access to his.

Welcome to Websleuths. :) It was the media who reported the trauma to the dog initially. As others have pointed out, perhaps the tumors/water combination caused the dog to appear that way on a cursory first sighting. What I am wondering is why her things were left in the car, wallet, etc. It sounds like she just planned on running in and grabbing whatever it was that she wanted and/or needed and return to her car? Or is that something everyone does anyway in the community?

Did Robin have a pretty fixed route she would walk Bella?

ETA: Was the dog found with her collar on and leash attached?

This is the area (photo). There are people who do not bother to lock their cars, or even their homes. Leaving your belognings in the car leaves your hands free to carry other stuff, and there's no chance of forgetting to take it with you. I'd probably have left my stuff in my car.

Attachments

• KI.jpg
    KI.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 31
~SNIP~A couple questions about the neighborhood: over the past year, have there been any incidents of prowlers or break-ins with the homes? Due to the "isolated" nature of the area, are there areas on Beach Rd. where folks not from there "hang out" - esp on the weekends?

This is not that kind of place. Kent Island is really an island. A tiny one. In farm country. People from THERE go ELSEWHERE to "hang out". And most people who live on the other side of the bay bridge don't come over much except for a summer trip to Ocean City. It's like another world. The toll on the bridge is exorbitant and the traffic is often congested since many people who live just east of the bridge commute to the other side to work. The crime rates are RIDICULOUSLY low.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back