Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello everyone, I am new here ! I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore, just 20 minutes from Kent Island, so I'm very interested in this case. I agree that the story reported on the news makes no sense at all. There is no way Wayne fell asleep right after talking to her when she was a few minutes away, and then she fell asleep in the driveway? No way. I don't know if all the facts are being reported correctly or not, but if they are being reported correctly, my prime suspect would be Wayne Pope. I'm not saying he did it, just stating my opinion. I believe what a previous poster said makes alot of sense....there is a time period 10:30-11:00 where we have no clue what the heck happened.

Also someone had stated that violent crime is pretty much unheard of here on the shore. I disagree with that. My husband is a police officer here and there is alot more violent crime and murders now than there was in previous years. Crime is definitely increasing. I think the pressures of our world today with the bad economy etc, as well as parents that don't raise their kids right, and a booming population is the reason for it increasing in places where it was unheard of before.
If you were to say the whole entire shore, then yes, violent crime does occur. However, Kent Island is not a crime ridden place. Queen Anne's county has seen murder and petty crime. I should clarify that I was speaking of KI.

If you were to say the whole entire shore, then yes, violent crime does occur. However, Kent Island is not a crime ridden place. Queen Anne's county has seen murder and petty crime. I should clarify that I was speaking of KI.

oh yes I agree with you there, Kent Island is not crime ridden place, even though I still feel unsafe when I'm walking the trail by myself, not sure why, maybe being married to a cop has me paranoid, lol !

Has the family every stated WHAT she went to pick up at that hour?
That itself to me is strange. She had been living on her own for 3 months so I would assume she would have her clothes, personal papers, etc. I am sure there were plenty of things left in the house that were hers- but nothing important enough to pick up at 11pm that night IMHO.

I wonder if she was coming to pick up the dog and they got into an argument? 13 minute conversation is a fairly long conversation to have if it is a simple: "Hey coming to pick up the camera!"

Did we ever hear if the dog has an estimated time of death? Maybe the dog died earlier and the conversation was about the dog?

I tried to find a video or transcript to see exactly what Robin's daughter said about Wayne falling asleep after the phone call and finding Robin asleep in the car etc, but I couldn't find one. I also looked to see if any other news source reported this information. I couldn't find that either.

I'm a little hesitant (okay, a lot hesitant) to go by HLN, because I've seen them report inaccurate information with some frequency (and sensationalism). So until I find something else to corroborate it, I'm going to have to put it aside for now.

I hope Robin is found soon, and those who love her get answers soon. Meanwhile, I'm praying for her and for those who love her.

I tried to find a video or transcript to see exactly what Robin's daughter said about Wayne falling asleep after the phone call and finding Robin asleep in the car etc, but I couldn't find one. I also looked to see if any other news source reported this information. I couldn't find that either.

I'm a little hesitant (okay, a lot hesitant) to go by HLN, because I've seen them report inaccurate information with some frequency (and sensationalism). So until I find something else to corroborate it, I'm going to have to put it aside for now.

I hope Robin is found soon, and those who love her get answers soon. Meanwhile, I'm praying for her and for those who love her.

I think that the information on HLN is correct, only because her daughters, or friends that are admins for the help find robin pope page, posted the link to the article, I would think if it wasn't accurate, they would say something about it not being accurate?

I hope and pray she is found as well !!

oh yes I agree with you there, Kent Island is not crime ridden place, even though I still feel unsafe when I'm walking the trail by myself, not sure why, maybe being married to a cop has me paranoid, lol !

I'm not even married to a cop, and I don't even leave my doors unlocked! There are still lots of weirdos around here...and in Dundalk, lol. :)

I'm new here, too. Welcome to Websleuths. It's a pretty cool site. I think the people are rather friendly compared to others I've been on. :)

I think that the information on HLN is correct, only because her daughters, or friends that are admins for the help find robin pope page, posted the link to the article, I would think if it wasn't accurate, they would say something about it not being accurate?

There was an inaccurate statement in the post, for ex:

The couple had been separated for about three weeks

unless the initial info of them being separated since Dec 2012 is wrong

There was an inaccurate statement in the post, for ex:

The couple had been separated for about three weeks

unless the initial info of them being separated since Dec 2012 is wrong

According to a friend of hers that posted somewhere (can't remember exactly where), she said that Robin decided to leave in December, but that they weren't "officially" separated until February 1st. Not sure how accurate it is, but that is what I read.

I have been following too many cases here. Do we know where she was coming from when she went to the house?

Ah thank you, pamajama. That didn't come up in my Googling. Yes, I agree.

Such an odd story. It doesn't make sense to me.

I have been following too many cases here. Do we know where she was coming from when she went to the house?

I don't recall it being noted where she was coming from but her daughter said she had a job interview for GNC at 8pm.

I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but even my hinky meter is going off with this latest report.

I'm not even married to a cop, and I don't even leave my doors unlocked! There are still lots of weirdos around here...and in Dundalk, lol. :)

I'm new here, too. Welcome to Websleuths. It's a pretty cool site. I think the people are rather friendly compared to others I've been on. :)

Welcome to WS. It is surely the most civil site around, even when things get a bit heated in some controversial cases at times, but the moderators are always right there to remind us to behave. I have found that posters who want to just stir things up or make rude remarks don't stick around long, as there is always Facebook for that, lol.

I can't find anything on MSM confirming the star democrat article. Has anyone else found anything?

QA Deputies found a woman's body floating off of Kent Island today. They have not ID'ed it yet but I thought you might want to know. This is on VERY GOOD AUTHORITY!
ETA: They closed Beach Road to retrieve the body, which is where she disappeared from. There have been no bridge jumpers today (again, on IMPECCABLE AUTHORITY).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back