Found Deceased MD - Rosa Maria Diaz-Santos, 17, missing after leaving home to go to high school; remains discovered - 11/23/2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Authorities have discovered the skeletal remains of a teen who disappeared nearly two months ago on her way to school.

According to a news release, the remains of 17-year-old Rosa Maria Diaz-Santos were found in a wooded area in Takoma Park, Md., on Nov. 17, about seven miles outside of Washington D.C.

Rosa was last seen alive heading to Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Md., the morning of Sept. 22, the release reads.

Rosa-Maria-Diaz-Santos-112322-f5ee663a25d3451181d9bebee876d520.jpg

So sad.
This was a homicide (as determined in the autopsy). Rosa disappeared on September 22 on her way to Eleanor Roosevelt High School, which is 8 miles away from where he body was found.

Missing Maryland teen's skeletal remains found in woods; police investigating as homicide

Rosa Maria's obituary:
'Gained Her Wings To Heaven:' Community Mourns Death Of Teen Found Killed In Greenbelt

Her parents believe it was a gang-related killing. I guess that is why there wasn't much publicity about her disappearance at the time she went missing.
Parents of Teen Girl Killed in Prince George's Believe Gang Was Responsible
In an interview with News4 on Tuesday, her parents said Diaz-Santos had recently gotten involved with a gang and was staying away from home for days at a time.

I can't get this young woman and her poor parents out of my mind.
They just left Rosa's body in the woods.

If her body was skeletonized, yet they could still confirm it was a homicide based on the autopsy, that implies to me that she was shot. What could she have possibly done to deserve that?

I'm also wondering about how her body could have been dumped in that spot and no one in the neighborhood noticed the odor of decomposition? This was a residential area. Why didn't they dump her body further away from houses?
She was found in 'a wooded area in the area of the 1600 block of Drexel Street in Takoma Park.

I'm guessing that the location was in this area, between 1603 and 1605 Drexel St., in the woods behind these houses. There is a vacant lot between 1603 and 1605.
1603 Drexel St · 1603 Drexel St, Takoma Park, MD 20912

If her body was skeletonized, yet they could still confirm it was a homicide based on the autopsy, that implies to me that she was shot. What could she have possibly done to deserve that?

I'm also wondering about how her body could have been dumped in that spot and no one in the neighborhood noticed the odor of decomposition? This was a residential area. Why didn't they dump her body further away from houses?
She was found in 'a wooded area in the area of the 1600 block of Drexel Street in Takoma Park.

I'm guessing that the location was in this area, between 1603 and 1605 Drexel St., in the woods behind these houses. There is a vacant lot between 1603 and 1605.

She could also have damage to her head which might show homicide. I am feeling so bad for her family.

I go walking on the pedestrian trail near this location regularly. This address abuts the Sligo Creek Trail, which is wooded with a lot of underbrush and a stream, so it's not at all surprising to me that she wasn't found earlier.

If you look at 1600 Drexel St · 1600 Drexel St, Takoma Park, MD 20912, the main pedestrian trail is south of this address. There's a short footpath that forks off of Drexel/Sligo Parkway which connects to the trail; that path is pretty steep and there's somewhat of a ravine there.

As cvaldez1975 mentioned, there is unfortunately a lot of gang activity in this area. My recollection is that most of the boys who have been found are more in the Greenbelt (MD) area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop
Back