Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so angry at her...how is she pulling this off? I don't believe she is incompetent for trial, not a bit.

I was nervous to open this thread up when it popped up and now that I see they have not been found or she's been declared competent, I'm mad. [emoji34] I believe her mother when she says her daughter is being manipulative. Her mother probably knows her better than anyone. This is a horrible injustice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite police and community searches there has been no sign of the missing children. Their father, Troy Turner, has searched for his children every day since they disappeared, and he said it doesn’t get easier.

“Every day is a day too long. It just gets worse. It’s not better,” Turner said. “Every day is too long.”

In this MyMCMedia Extra video, below, Turner explains exactly what he is feeling as the second anniversary of his children’s disappearance approaches.

Video at the link: http://www.mymcmedia.org/father-of-missing-clarksburg-children-i-just-want-my-babies-home/

ROCKVILLE, MD — A Clarksburg father who hasn't seen his two children for nearly two years has launched an online petition drive to spur public awareness about the youngsters as a way to bring them home. His request is a simple one with a complex legal footing: a Montgomery County judge should change his earlier rulings and let police question the siblings' mentally incompetent mother about what she did with young Sarah and Jacob Hoggle.

Read more: http://patch.com/maryland/rockville/dad-missing-hoggle-kids-they-deserve-come-home

I totally just signed the petition.

I understand she's incompetent to be tried currently, but what about the kids? Could they promise not to try her for murder?

Two Years Later, Still No Sign of Sarah and Jacob Hoggle

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-Years-Later-Sarah-and-Jacob-Hoggle-Remain-Missing-392492901.html

Wednesday marks two years since 2-year-old Jacob Hoggle was last seen. Jacob's big sister, 3-year-old Sarah, went missing the following day.

Their mother, Catherine Hoggle, is believed to be the last person to have seen them. Hoggle, who had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia before the children went missing, remains in a maximum-security psychiatric hospital.

She told authorities she left the children with a friend, but has never given details of their whereabouts.

Montgomery County Police have said they believe Sarah and Jacob are dead.

Prosecutors believe she is faking incompetency.

In the spring, Hoggle's lawyer told News4 she has tried to escape several times the psychiatric hospital numerous times.

Over the past two years, Turner has organized multiple searches for his children. Turner and other family members have remained determined to find out what happened to them.

"I miss my kids. I want them home," Turner has said.

Missing Hoggle Kids: 2 Years With No Answers

Petition signed. Feel heart sorry for the father.

Please everyone sign this. He only needs 600 more signatures.

Very unlikely...I was heavily involved with the searches and almost all the woods in the county have been searched..They were searched searched to eliminate, but without expectations..Catherine wasn't much of an outdoor person, and she also had a medical condition that made it hard to carry anything.

you know...its kinda creepy to know she's so close. that court is literally right down the st from my job and house. My husband, son and I are always go on the local trails (mostly rock creek park) and Im TERRIFIED that we could just stumble over the kids. I want them to be alive but it definitely freaks me out that shes so near.

I would rather know.

they can try her for something else.

Yes, well, the fact is that without DNA evidence and bodies, there's not much that can be done to build a case. There was another missing person case in Maryland involving a young woman named Juanita Oxenrider. Ms. Oxenrider, her husband and another guy, Thomas Maynard, all went out on their boat one morning. The boat mysteriously exploded, and Mr. Oxenrider's body eventually floated ashore (too badly decomposed to establish cause of death), but Juanita's body was never recovered. The guy on the boat, Maynard, who authorities regarded as the last person on Earth to see the Oxenriders before their (in Juanita's case, presumed) deaths, was obviously seen as a suspect, but he eluded them and left the state of Maryland. Later, he turned back up to turn himself into the police for a prior robbery, and I believe that at that point, he was grilled on the disappearance of Ms. Oxenrider - much like Catherine Hoggle was initially questioned concerning her kids' whereabouts, but that didn't go anywhere. In this case, as far as I'm aware, the man is not doing any time for the murders, even though it's very likely he was involved and knows exactly what happened on that boat. You just can't pin something on someone without the bodies/DNA.

I am aware of that.

What I was suggesting was a deal that she talk if they don't prosecute for murder. Sure, there is no present evidence. But that's not to say there won't be someday. Currently she isn't even charged w murder, so clearly they don't have evidence of it. I have a working knowledge of how it works.

My thought is I would rather have closure and know where my kids are than to make her pay for it, if I was in that family's shoes. In this case, I think she was in a psychosis when whatever occurred. I would feel different perhaps of this was some pedophile.

Yes, well, the fact is that without DNA evidence and bodies, there's not much that can be done to build a case. There was another missing person case in Maryland involving a young woman named Juanita Oxenrider. Ms. Oxenrider, her husband and another guy, Thomas Maynard, all went out on their boat one morning. The boat mysteriously exploded, and Mr. Oxenrider's body eventually floated ashore (too badly decomposed to establish cause of death), but Juanita's body was never recovered. The guy on the boat, Maynard, who authorities regarded as the last person on Earth to see the Oxenriders before their (in Juanita's case, presumed) deaths, was obviously seen as a suspect, but he eluded them and left the state of Maryland. Later, he turned back up to turn himself into the police for a prior robbery, and I believe that at that point, he was grilled on the disappearance of Ms. Oxenrider - much like Catherine Hoggle was initially questioned concerning her kids' whereabouts, but that didn't go anywhere. In this case, as far as I'm aware, the man is not doing any time for the murders, even though it's very likely he was involved and knows exactly what happened on that boat. You just can't pin something on someone without the bodies/DNA.

I am aware of that.

What I was suggesting was a deal that she talk if they don't prosecute for murder. Sure, there is no present evidence. But that's not to say there won't be someday. Currently she isn't even charged w murder, so clearly they don't have evidence of it. I have a working knowledge of how it works.

My thought is I would rather have closure and know where my kids are than to make her pay for it, if I was in that family's shoes. In this case, I think she was in a psychosis when whatever occurred. I would feel different perhaps of this was some pedophile.

Well, LE can certainly question her all they want about what she knows (if the petition is successful and they even get that chance), but as you pointed out, since there's no evidence right now, they can't charge her and she isn't obliged to share any information. Frankly, Sarah and Jacob might not even be dead - she may have just handed them off to one of those dubious adoption agencies that isn't required to keep records or operate above water. The search teams have combed the area. They have done pretty much everything they could do. I don't see any closure coming anytime soon. This is just one of those very sad and preventable cases.

Judge ruled she is still mentally unfit for trial:
Catherine Hoggle, the Maryland mother of two young children who have been missing since 2014, remains mentally unfit to stand trial in their disappearance, a judge said during a brief court hearing Tuesday.

Hoggle, 29, has been locked in a state psychiatric hospital for two years, and authorities have said they believe the children are likely dead. According to a recent evaluation, Hoggle “remains incompetent to stand trial and dangerous due to a mental disorder,” District Court Judge Holly D. Reed III said during the hearing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...1c6830-84bd-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

I feel so angry at her...how is she pulling this off? I don't believe she is incompetent for trial, not a bit.

So you think trained psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses who are around her constantly know less about her than you do? What good does it serve anyone for them to say she is incompetent to stand trial if she isn't?

So you think trained psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses who are around her constantly know less about her than you do? What good does it serve anyone for them to say she is incompetent to stand trial if she isn't?

I made no accusations of professionals doing anything unethical, like saying she is incompetent when she is not. Not sure how that got connected to my statement. I'm just saying *I* don't believe it (I'm not the only one!) and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I made no accusations of professionals doing anything unethical, like saying she is incompetent when she is not. Not sure how that got connected to my statement. I'm just saying *I* don't believe it (I'm not the only one!) and I'm entitled to my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion. But the judge has said several times that she's not fit to stand trial, and that is based on observations and reports by mental health professionals who see her every day. It's in no-ones interest to make her stand trial if she isn't fit. That will resolve nothing.

I'm wondering WHY you feel that she's fit to stand trial when mental health professionals, who would spot malingering immediately, say she isn't? She has a diagnosis of schizophrenia, a real and extremely frightening disease that can be very difficult to get under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum