Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She appeared in front of a judge Thursday for the first time since November. Records from Perkins Hospital Center reveal Hoggle is still mentally incompetent, but her condition is improving.

A Montgomery County judge said Thursday that he would immediately order a trial if he receives a report stating she is competent.

Prosecutor John McCarthy said if Hoggle is determined to be competent in the future, he will look into bringing additional charges, and would use a grand jury as an investigative tool to determine what those charges would be.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Hearing-Incompetent-Improving-301827271.html

While I'm not defending any mother who kills her kids (if she did) if she was mentally incompetent when she (if she) killed them, how is it possible to charge her as competent?

While I'm not defending any mother who kills her kids (if she did) if she was mentally incompetent when she (if she) killed them, how is it possible to charge her as competent?

Hey Anyone who kills their children or anyone else are crazy. Incompetent people don't hide what they did, they let it hang out for the world to see. It's only a legal term, meant to get people who deserve the worst something better. I think if you murder and are incompetent you deserve a insane and guilty charge. Same type of jail term. You can't cure crazy or stupid.

bumping this, this one really breaks my heart. from the media, i know they have not been found.

There have been reported sightings but nothing that has panned out. Praying everyday they are found safe. I was hoping that Catherine being medicated would have led to some answers but unfortunately, nothing.

There have been reported sightings but nothing that has panned out. Praying everyday they are found safe. I was hoping that Catherine being medicated would have led to some answers but unfortunately, nothing.
I still have hope! I have a close friend who has a very severe bipolar disorder. He stopped his medicines and went through a really bad cycle, it took over a year of steady medication for him to really feel evened out again and start to sort out what happened during that time.

I feel so bad I forgot about these little ones until the post got bumped. I cannot believe how long it's been.
Where are they ?

New here on this thread. I am confused by some of the news reports I have read. Some of them seem to indicate that Catherine wants to take the police to where the children (their bodies I assume) are but for some reason that isn't happening.

she indicated that to the father, but she and her attorney told LE that no, she didnt want to

New here on this thread. I am confused by some of the news reports I have read. Some of them seem to indicate that Catherine wants to take the police to where the children (their bodies I assume) are but for some reason that isn't happening.

I still have hope! I have a close friend who has a very severe bipolar disorder. He stopped his medicines and went through a really bad cycle, it took over a year of steady medication for him to really feel evened out again and start to sort out what happened during that time.

My deceased first husband's doctor told us one has to stay on the prescribed doses of medicines for a year to say if these medicines even are the right ones for bipolar disorder.

I thought she was profoundly mentally ill at the time of the kids disappearance last year. At her age, while improvement is possible, I would predict her future functional level to be on the low side. JMO

this. id never ever trust her alone w a kid again.

My deceased first husband's doctor told us one has to stay on the prescribed doses of medicines for a year to say if these medicines even are the right ones for bipolar disorder.

I thought she was profoundly mentally ill at the time of the kids disappearance last year. At her age, while improvement is possible, I would predict her future functional level to be on the low side. JMO

I have a friend this mentally ill, and she has plenty of moments where she is perfectly aware of her surroundings and reality, especially when she is getting good medical care. There is something too calculated about this case to truly buy the story that this woman is simply too mentally ill to tell the truth about what happened. At the very least she knows "her truth" about what happened to those kids.

I also must question the normal delicacy employed when handling the severely mentally ill. In most cases, it makes sense to do that, but on the very small chance that these kids are still alive, it would seem that their well-being is far more important than this woman's rights.

It's a possibility that CH may never be well enough to stand trial. I'm deeply invested in this case as someone who has experienced psychosis. One psychotic break can emotionally cripple someone for life.

I guess at this point it seems that the issue of her being legally capable of standing trial is not the same thing as her being able to tell people what happened to the children. Those are two separate issues. At the very least the remains of the children can be recovered and the rest of the family can get some closure even if CH will never stand trial. I think that many people here have conflated these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx