Found Deceased MD - Tara Payne, 26, Baltimore, 23 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am sure LE is going to be very sensitive but I get the feeling there may be video of a very intoxicated or drugged woman acting erratically walking down the street (captured on multiple security cameras / doorbells), dropping her purse, etc., that ends with her falling into the water. This is JMO but note news articles mention neighbors noticed a “commotion” not an attack or chase. LE also said there was a call to LE and neighbors say police responded in an hour. That seems more consistent with a call about a woman impaired on the street than someone witnessing a fight or assault calling for emergency help.

Hopefully toxicology will show if poor Savannah was drugged or if this was just an accident. Her friends must feel awful.

Yes. tox results, as well as video, will be key in telling the story here. IMO, her friends have no reason to feel awful.

I am sure LE is going to be very sensitive but I get the feeling there may be video of a very intoxicated or drugged woman acting erratically walking down the street (captured on multiple security cameras / doorbells), dropping her purse, etc., that ends with her falling into the water. This is JMO but note news articles mention neighbors noticed a “commotion” not an attack or chase. LE also said there was a call to LE and neighbors say police responded in an hour. That seems more consistent with a call about a woman impaired on the street than someone witnessing a fight or assault calling for emergency help.

Hopefully toxicology will show if poor Savannah was drugged or if this was just an accident. Her friends must feel awful.
100%-- intoxicated college aged kids often leave a trail of personal property- ugh. There's also the possibility that the 911 call had nothing to do with her and was for another disturbance. You're spot on with the "one hour response" explanation too. Baltimore City is likely divided into zones for patrol? If all the "zone" cars are tied up on jobs it takes a really "hot" call for cars to be dispatched outside their assigned zone. I know that the family is having a hard time understanding (in hindsight) how such a call could have such a delayed response, but calls are coded for priority. The overall call volume in the city, how many cars are on duty, which officers are tied up on what & where- all can effect the response time for calls that aren't initially coded as priority "hot" calls. It's all so friggin sad! I remember feeling so invincible at that age & did SO many stupid things. I really hope her friends aren't beating themselves up over getting separated :(

100%-- intoxicated college aged kids often leave a trail of personal property- ugh. There's also the possibility that the 911 call had nothing to do with her and was for another disturbance. You're spot on with the "one hour response" explanation too. Baltimore City is likely divided into zones for patrol? If all the "zone" cars are tied up on jobs it takes a really "hot" call for cars to be dispatched outside their assigned zone. I know that the family is having a hard time understanding (in hindsight) how such a call could have such a delayed response, but calls are coded for priority. The overall call volume in the city, how many cars are on duty, which officers are tied up on what & where- all can effect the response time for calls that aren't initially coded as priority "hot" calls. It's all so friggin sad! I remember feeling so invincible at that age & did SO many stupid things. I really hope her friends aren't beating themselves up over getting separated :(

I agree, it's likely LE has surveillance footage of Savannah's final moments -- or at least, the moment when she fell into the water.

Still, it's very unclear what happened after she left the bar, or how this young woman became so severely impaired. I've seen several statements online that Savannah was seen running around near the harbor, screaming and begging for help minutes before she disappeared -- but not that she was actually being chased by anyone.

Just speculating here, but I wonder if this poor girl may have been suffering some sort of psychotic episode caused by drugs she was given? It all just doesn't sound like the result of simply being drunk, though that is also possible.

Yes. tox results, as well as video, will be key in telling the story here. IMO, her friends have no reason to feel awful.

There's a public Facebook group where her dad reshared his post, in which he calls out (by name)/blames her two friends for abandoning her 'after multiple cries for help' or something like that :(

I agree, it's likely LE has surveillance footage of Savannah's final moments -- or at least, the moment when she fell into the water.

Still, it's very unclear what happened after she left the bar, or how this young woman became so severely impaired. I've seen several statements online that Savannah was seen running around near the harbor, screaming and begging for help minutes before she disappeared -- but not that she was actually being chased by anyone.

Just speculating here, but I wonder if this poor girl may have been suffering some sort of psychotic episode caused by drugs she was given? It all just doesn't sound like the result of simply being drunk, though that is also possible.

One thing I learned from some of the Facebook comments is that there are apparently some drugs that can be ingested through skin contact (so someone could be drugged that way without knowing it). As far as drinks go, I never knew about this product (also learned about from the Facebook comments). Maybe I should get one for my daughter, but I don't know if she'd actually use it o_O

Nightcap™ | The Drink Spiking Prevention Scrunchie

While Savannah's premature death is extremely sad, I think these moments in her life capture her deep love of the ocean. I was looking at her FB page and I really like this picture of her. She loved the water so much and it made me think it was calling her home..., the way she was standing there, in that moment, looking over its vastness and never-ending beauty.

Facebook

And this is a great one from her aunt's FB page: Facebook

Looks like her family really like this 1st pic I posted above as much as I do. I can't think of a better pic of someone whose love of the ocean is as deep as hers. They added angel wings to her back in a pic I found on a site that I can't link to here (against rules). It's an AWESOME pic of her.
upload_2021-3-28_9-7-1.png

@MamaOV I haven't seen what you described. What I had read early on, didn't sound like her friends could have stopped her. My thought was her friends didn't think she was in any danger, which now we know isn't true :(

This case has some resemblance to Erin Valenti who was from Utah. I'm still not clear on exactly what happened to her, but she was also acting erratically in the hours before her death.

@MamaOV I haven't seen what you described. What I had read early on, didn't sound like her friends could have stopped her. My thought was her friends didn't think she was in any danger, which now we know isn't true :(

I wouldn't go that far, if we're just basing it off her dad's grief-stricken post, unless I'm just behind and not up on any new developments. Facebook commenters talking about his post did say he's likely seen the surveillance footage... but hard to separate facts from all the rumors at this point.

Let's say hypothetically that he saw video of her falling/jumping into the ocean and no one else on that video. It doesn't mean that someone didn't spike her drink, or gave her drugs somehow, and then she freaked out like a lot of drugged out people do and fell or jumped into the water. Someone could be responsible for the state she ended up in, even if that someone wasn't seen on video.

Family, Friends Gather To Remember Tara Savannah Payne With Vigil In Baltimore Monday Night

One week after a young woman goes missing, her loved ones celebrate her life outside the bar where she was last seen alive.

Monday, one week after Savannah walked into Southern Provisions, her friend gathered there to remember her.

A vigil was held in Ocean City over the weekend, at Southern Provisions Monday evening and another is scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday in Annapolis outside McGarvey’s where Savannah was a bartender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back