DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
42-year-old Vanessa Mallory Kotz was last seen by family around 10 a.m. Saturday when she left her home on Battery Lane on foot to go to a scheduled doctor’s appointment. Detectives continue to work to determine if Mallory Kotz arrived at her appointment.

155a2406-93ce-4da1-8199-a9ed874d38e6-large16x9_VanessaMalloryKotz.jpg

Police searching for missing Bethesda woman last seen leaving for doctor’s appointment

That’s odd. Both the fact that they haven’t been able to talk to the doctor’s office and the idea of anything nefarious happening in that part of Bethesda on a Saturday morning. I wonder if she was walking toward Wisconsin Ave, or toward the bike trail.

Kotz is a white female, 5'2" and weighs 170 pounds. She has blonde hair, brown eyes and wears glasses. She has a tattoo on her left shoulder and a tattoo on her right wrist.

Police Seek Missing Bethesda Woman

Last edited:
Im
She's an acquaintance--we have many close friends in common. I'm very worried and not hearing much detail.
I’m sorry you have to go through this. I don’t know much about her, but she seems like someone who wouldn’t just up and leave her life, like police so often try to say when an adult goes missing.

Several people on social media have quoted a Montgomery County police statement that Vanessa has been located deceased. I have been unable to find a primary source for the statement to share here.

ETA: Concern for Missing Bethesda Woman confirms the news. No foul play is suspected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and she seems to be involved with The Writer’s Center, which is located nearby on Wisconsin Ave. Book Talk - The Writer's Center

ETA: Apparently she left that job last fall and worked at a local art gallery, according to her FB Facebook account Vanessa Mallory Kotz

I knew her via The Writer's Center; she organized a project in which I participated. TWC is an extraordinary resource for the area's many writers and would-be writers. People not from around here don't always know the richness of the area in the arts. It's no wonder she was known by so many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back