Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really hope someone recognizes her and gives Woodlawn Jane her name back.

I agree Valarie looks similar and the circumstances definitely make her a possibility. Do we know if she had a gap between her upper front teeth? It looks like Woodlawn JD had one, judging by the PM pic.

It's hard to tell from her photos. One is blurry and the other is at an angle that could hide a small gap.

Both women have dentals, but JD doesn't have DNA.

Somebody on one of the news sites pointed out that the JP tat could be for Jamaica Plain.

The Jamaica Plains idea has been looked at on here. We went through some Jamaica Plains yearbooks as well. Quite a few pages back, Carl found a girl in the yearbook that resembled Woodlawn Doe but I don't think he was ever able to verify who the girl in the yearbook was.

The Jamaica Plains idea has been looked at on here. We went through some Jamaica Plains yearbooks as well. Quite a few pages back, Carl found a girl in the yearbook that resembled Woodlawn Doe but I don't think he was ever able to verify who the girl in the yearbook was.

I think it's worth revisiting Jamaica Plain and nearby areas now that we have specific information about the pollen.

So the pollen could have come from NYC. There was a lot of extrajudicial anticommunist activity there at the time.

The FBI was investigating suspected subversive safe houses in Manhattan. Montonero banker David Graiver was making his last deals in the city before disappearing in a suspicious plane crash.

And there was a massive anti-Pinochet rally at Madison Square Garden on the third anniversary of the Chilean coup. Joan Baez was apparently there. So was Orlando Letelier, the leading dissident. DINA agents were already stalking him and he would be assassinated in Washington, DC, just ten days later.

This rally was, I believe, the day before this girl's body was found! It would have been nothing for her to hop a train from Massachussetts, where the other evidence points; Grand Central Station was right next door. As I said I think was spotted at the rally and maybe snatched on the way home by some guys in a van.

She had a little guest house key and I've always wondered if the JP tattoo stood for Juventud Peronista. Maybe she was a courier for their banker in NYC.

I think it's really striking that this pollen evidence, and the timeline of events, could place her so close to all these other extraterritorial assassinations.

This was 10 September 1976, two days before this strange girl turns up dead.

Letelier's speech, for context:
https://www.tni.org/en/article/transcript-orlando-leteliers-speech-felt-forum

I just realized something. September 11, 1976, the day before her body was found, was the third anniversary of the Chilean coup. There would have been protests in major cities by dissidents in exile. Maybe this woman was spotted at one of them and snatched by secret police. It was dangerous to speak out against Pinochet. Just ten days later, his henchmen car-bombed one of his most outspoken rivals (Orlando Letelier) in Washington, D.C. Who knows how many lesser known activists were also assassinated in the United States.

Many of the few known details would tie in. The knots, tied with military precision. The hoods. The "dry submarine" method of suffocation with a sack. Finally, the recently released detail of tranquilizer. All textbook death-squad treatment. The crude tattoo and apparent safe-house key suggest a militant on the run to me. Many politically motived exiles had contacts in Washington. But the body could have been driven in from more distant cities.

I haven't ruled out Monica Mignone, the Argentine desaparecido yet, but the likenesses aren't that great. But it could have been another one of thousands of Latin American leftists in exile, which would explain why this case has gone unsolved for so long.

New from today:

"Investigators say new information suggests the young victim may be from the Forest Hills neighborhood in Boston and may have attended Jamaica Plain High School or Roslindale High School." (http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-get...-killing-after-5-investigates-report/36506096)

CarlK, I think you should go ahead and submit the young woman you found in the yearbook, if you haven't already.

Yearbooks for Rosalinde High School, if anyone wants to have a look.

http://www.roslindalehighschool.com/yearbook.htm

I am confused as to why anyone would suggest the tattoo says SS. It's pretty clearly JP to me, or maybe L, if the tattoo artist was dyslexic--which I have a hard time believing.

Also--I'm not sure if this has been brought up, it probably has--but I figured I'd comment. I think she looks Asian. She just has that "look"--though I definitely could be wrong.

I am confused as to why anyone would suggest the tattoo says SS. It's pretty clearly JP to me, or maybe L, if the tattoo artist was dyslexic--which I have a hard time believing.

It would be good to have young eyes again, sigh. I can't make out anything.

Just spoke with Det Dave Jacoby regarding the Jamaica Plain connection. When the Jamaica Plain connection was mentioned, I wanted to call his attention to the woman whose photo I sent to him back in 2013.

He says that they identified that woman in the yearbook, and she is not Woodlawn Jane.

However, they did get a tip from someone who recognized Woodlawn Jane, but couldn't remember her name. The tipster said that the girl he remembers went to either Jamaica Plain HS or Rosalinde HS, and lived near the Arboretum.

Just spoke with Det Dave Jacoby regarding the Jamaica Plain connection. When the Jamaica Plain connection was mentioned, I wanted to call his attention to the woman whose photo I sent to him back in 2013.

He says that they identified that woman in the yearbook, and she is not Woodlawn Jane.

However, they did get a tip from someone who recognized Woodlawn Jane, but couldn't remember her name. The tipster said that the girl he remembers went to either Jamaica Plain HS or Rosalinde HS, and lived near the Arboretum.

Wow! This is super exciting news! I think Woodlawn Jane is going home very soon!

Yearbooks for Rosalinde High School, if anyone wants to have a look.

http://www.roslindalehighschool.com/yearbook.htm

Take a look at the Roslindale 74 book, page 60. There is a photo montage of miscellaneous candid photos.

Look at the very top of the page, second photo from the right. It is of a girl's face from the eyes down. Unfortunately, her eyebrows and hairline is not shown in the photo.

But she looks alot like Woodlawn Jane.

* The nose is spot-on to WJD's nose as is shown in the recently released PM photo.
* So is her chin.
* So is her approximate weight.
* So are her two slightly protruding upper front teeth.
* Although her hair is longer, it is the same coarse texture.

I can't find any other photos of her in the 74 book, or any of the other books. So I am unable to know her name. I won't post her photo here because she isn't known to be a missing person. But take a look.

From what I can see, she looks very much like WJD. Too bad I can't see her eyebrows or hairline.

Would the arboretum have any need for grass seed?

Is that CH, top of p. 34?

As an aside, the girls I've gone back to look twice at are all either Greek or Italian surnames. And while lots of people in the 70's were wearing those bead necklaces, the blue bead is particularly Greek.

Is that CH, top of p. 34?

As an aside, the girls I've gone back to look twice at are all either Greek or Italian surnames. And while lots of people in the 70's were wearing those bead necklaces, the blue bead is particularly Greek.

I was looking at her too. Could be. but she doesn't quite look the same.

The inside corners at the biting edges of CH's two front teeth are rounded. The girl in the candid photo's teeth at the biting edges are very much squared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back