Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know this girl is probably a long shot, but the UID hasn't been identified yet, so I will put the link on here.

She went missing from Brooklyn NY in 1974 and was thought to maybe be taken to MA https://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_and_Missing/Missing/view.cfm?ID=3e7bc091-704c-4887-95ae-a4a4d1ba71fd

Her height is off by 2 inches and her weight is off too. Valarie's hair color is stated as black and the UID's is brown, maybe she cut her hair. Like I said, it's a long shot..

At first glance I thought no way, but the circumstances and the leg scar are pretty intriguing.

I just realized this location is about a quarter mile from my office. I work for SSA and this area is very congested; not sure how it was in the 70s but it's a highly populated area. I didn't realize how incredibly close to my office her body was found.

Also, in order to extradite a suspect in another case, the Justice Department signed an agreement with Chile not to reveal Pinochet's other extraterritorial assassinations in the United States. One reason the F.B.I. won't investigate this angle. If it is a desaparecida, I don't see how this case could ever be officially closed.

I just realized something. September 11, 1976, the day before her body was found, was the third anniversary of the Chilean coup. There would have been protests in major cities by dissidents in exile. Maybe this woman was spotted at one of them and snatched by secret police. It was dangerous to speak out against Pinochet. Just ten days later, his henchmen car-bombed one of his most outspoken rivals (Orlando Letelier) in Washington, D.C. Who knows how many lesser known activists were also assassinated in the United States.

Many of the few known details would tie in. The knots, tied with military precision. The hoods. The "dry submarine" method of suffocation with a sack. Finally, the recently released detail of tranquilizer. All textbook death-squad treatment. The crude tattoo and apparent safe-house key suggest a militant on the run to me. Many politically motived exiles had contacts in Washington. But the body could have been driven in from more distant cities.

I haven't ruled out Monica Mignone, the Argentine desaparecido yet, but the likenesses aren't that great. But it could have been another one of thousands of Latin American leftists in exile, which would explain why this case has gone unsolved for so long.

Since the links on the photos up thread are so old, they no longer work. So I wanted to add the photos of the evidence to the thread.
9f6f4d1c489c418c28b76e54d4f11caf.jpg

7d9391fa66847019917acc503519925c.jpg

2cbb4628e125cc297806e0ce9b885f26.jpg

18ca504708b05562911e27633acfc273.jpg

d56a4a16669288a5035f7556540773e5.jpg

a7bd920e52faf11cc82cd11a94a00c24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the "tattoo" (if you can call it that) photo. Thanks Carl!
bed8b63d5ff87c61840cecf7d7d47d7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true. It looked more exaggerated in the photos available at the time of Carl's first recon. But you can still see that Christene Seal doesn't have one, so I take it back that she could be here. Besides,, they seem to be onto a pretty solid lead of her being from MA, possibly Boston.

This article was in today's WCVB website: http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-hope-new-pollen-evidence-will-help-id-victim-in-76-murder/36420026

It's got some details about the pollen evidence:

Laurence is the same scientist who tested the clothes of the toddler Baby Doe -- now known as Baby Bella Bond -- and found she was from this area.

Examining the pollen vacuumed from the Maryland Jane Doe's clothes, he first saw she was from the East Coast.

But then he found something unusual.

"As soon as I saw it in the scope my first thought was well, that's interesting," Laurence told 5 Investigates.

What he discovered was pollen from two trees, neither of them native to the area: Mountain hemlock, grown naturally on the west coast, and cedar of Lebanon, not native to the U.S.

Laurence said the only two places those trees are grown together are the New York Botanical Garden and the Arnold Arboretum.

Most of the articles have generalized this to "Northeast" but it looks to me like only two specific areas within the northeast--the Bronx, and the south side of Boston. I'm not sure how far those pollens travel but during the Baby Doe investigation they said the cedars of Lebanon pollen limited it to not very far from the Arboretum.

I also noted with interest that there's a Woodlawn Cemetery only a couple of miles north of the NY Botanical Garden. That's probably a coincidence, but on the other hand, bizarre sense of humor?

I know this girl is probably a long shot, but the UID hasn't been identified yet, so I will put the link on here.

She went missing from Brooklyn NY in 1974 and was thought to maybe be taken to MA https://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_and_Missing/Missing/view.cfm?ID=3e7bc091-704c-4887-95ae-a4a4d1ba71fd

Her height is off by 2 inches and her weight is off too. Valarie's hair color is stated as black and the UID's is brown, maybe she cut her hair. Like I said, it's a long shot..

In light of the recent pollen information, I want to bring Valerie back up. Bear with me, this is going to be kind of long.

This is the description of her disappearance from doenet (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/138dfny.html):

>Cuccia was last seen in Brooklyn, New York on May 7, 1974. She met a friend at the PS 211 Park and they hitchhiked together to a disco located at 96th Street and 3rd Avenue. Once they were inside the club, Cuccia and her friend separated. Her friend observed Cuccia speaking with two Caucasian males later in the evening in the disco. This was the last time anyone saw Cuccia.

Authorities believe that she was forced into the unidentified males' car, which is described as a passenger vehicle with a blue metallic finish. Cuccia may have been taken against her will to Massachusetts. She has never been heard from again.

Bolded by me. PS211 is in the Bronx, about a mile and a half from the New York Botanical Garden and 3.5 miles from that other Woodlawn Cemetery.

Valerie went missing more than two years before our JD was murdered, but Valerie may have been taken to Massachusetts against her will. Pollen and other evidence suggests a connection to Massachusetts. The sedative, the tattoo, and the face covering with eye slits all suggest JD might have been held for some time against her will.

Stats are mostly close, though not spot on. Resemblance to most of the reconstructions is not strong, but I did a side by side with Valerie's 1973 photo (the one in the plaid jacket) and the PM photo that has not been cleaned up yet and it's a lot closer than I thought. I need to find a place I can post it where people can access it though...

This article was in today's WCVB website: http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-hope-new-pollen-evidence-will-help-id-victim-in-76-murder/36420026

It's got some details about the pollen evidence:

Laurence is the same scientist who tested the clothes of the toddler Baby Doe -- now known as Baby Bella Bond -- and found she was from this area.

Examining the pollen vacuumed from the Maryland Jane Doe's clothes, he first saw she was from the East Coast.

But then he found something unusual.

"As soon as I saw it in the scope my first thought was well, that's interesting," Laurence told 5 Investigates.

What he discovered was pollen from two trees, neither of them native to the area: Mountain hemlock, grown naturally on the west coast, and cedar of Lebanon, not native to the U.S.

Laurence said the only two places those trees are grown together are the New York Botanical Garden and the Arnold Arboretum.

Most of the articles have generalized this to "Northeast" but it looks to me like only two specific areas within the northeast--the Bronx, and the south side of Boston. I'm not sure how far those pollens travel but during the Baby Doe investigation they said the cedars of Lebanon pollen limited it to not very far from the Arboretum.

I also noted with interest that there's a Woodlawn Cemetery only a couple of miles north of the NY Botanical Garden. That's probably a coincidence, but on the other hand, bizarre sense of humor?

Wow. That is super specific. That area of Boston would specifically be Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Roxbury, Dorchester, and Brookline. She also could have picked up during a school trip there.

I agree Valarie looks similar and the circumstances definitely make her a possibility. Do we know if she had a gap between her upper front teeth? It looks like Woodlawn JD had one, judging by the PM pic.

Wow. That is super specific. That area of Boston would specifically be Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Roxbury, Dorchester, and Brookline. She also could have picked up during a school trip there.

Somebody on one of the news sites pointed out that the JP tat could be for Jamaica Plain.

Somebody on one of the news sites pointed out that the JP tat could be for Jamaica Plain.

I didn't even think of that! The tattoo (such as it is—it's so hard to see in the photo) could also have been done by her captor, as a sign of property—something that would be more likely if she had been held for a period of time. This happened to a relative of mine who was held against her will by an ex. He branded her with his initials. : (

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back