Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

Hello, does anybody know if Nancy Lynn Jason has already been ruled out as Woodlawn Doe?

There's a strong resemblance between the two. Even though the blood type seems different.
The time nancy vanished she was treated by a doctor for chronic fatigue and epilepsy.

Also in case it comes up in other cases: blood type mismatch is an absolute ruleout, unless the circumstances are so compelling there's a need to go double check the accuracy of the blood type information.

"White female" looks more admixed Asian/White to me, or Hispanic
In fact, some Asians (South and Central Asians) were classed as "white" in the 1970s
The reason for this is that their bone-structure is "Caucasoid". Sure it differs from other caucasian regions of the world, but that is normally the reason why they are placed under "white". Not sure if they still are though. I think we have more ethnic categories today and know more about the human body and the traits. Luckily!

The reason for this is that their bone-structure is "Caucasoid". Sure it differs from other caucasian regions of the world, but that is normally the reason why they are placed under "white". Not sure if they still are though. I think we have more ethnic categories today and know more about the human body and the traits. Luckily!

We should be using DNA testing to make these determinations: Estimating Human Ancestry

We should be using DNA testing to make these determinations: Estimating Human Ancestry

I absolutely agree. Good skeletal knowledge is still wonderful and key to many things. DNA is a wonderful tool, and I wish it would be used more often in cases like this. In the latter years it appears that people have had an eye-opener in how to utilize it in solving cases, so hoping this trend continues.

Edit: Unrelated to the DNA discussed above.

I am looking at her tattoo again, and I am starting to wonder if the image is upside down.

I think this is supposed to be a Dove, then you turn it around, and the 5 is the right way. If you do that, then the middle initial that has been thought to have been P, now becomes 6.

Swallow/Dove, 65, I am assuming that could be a year. Though this is just me staring at the image trying to figure out what I am seeing. Which is not JP, or any other letters.

Upside down 5 G or S (maybe, depending on what angle you see it from?)
upload_2021-4-5_22-21-44.png
6, P, 4 or Y?
upload_2021-4-5_22-19-54.png

Bird
upload_2021-4-5_22-19-36.png

upload_2021-4-5_22-20-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-5_22-18-31.png
    upload_2021-4-5_22-18-31.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Indeed many South Asians are classed as "Caucasoid", however there are some that aren't such as Dravidian types. IndoCaribbeans are quite numerous in NE USA. If the UID is indeed of partial South Asian ancestry it most likely would be northern Indian or Pakistani. However I'm guessing most likely Hispanic or Hapa.

I went on FaceApp, genderswapped a few male Hapa faces and some looked similar to the UID.

Another person thinks the UID could be an Ashkenazi Jew (and therefore white.) However I personally don't think so.

I can't see anything in those photos of the tattoo. It's like the eye tests they give you to see whether you're colorblind.

lol XD yes that is exactly how I feel as well. Especially when they said JP was in there. I been trying to see where it is, I really been trying.

On my old computer , I drew over the darker areas to see it more clearly. Though, I am on a laptop these days and I don't have access to that project nor any tool to properly draw with. What do you see on the tattoo image? (not the cutouts I posted )

There is no evidence that UID is Ashkenazi. Can only be determined by DNA genealogy/ethnicity estimate and never by phenotype.

I also think there is some substance to the Puerto Rican theory. But that, too, is purely speculation. We would need her DNA. If it shows predominantly Iberian with a smaller African and Native admix, we are closer.

Indeed many South Asians are classed as "Caucasoid", however there are some that aren't such as Dravidian types. IndoCaribbeans are quite numerous in NE USA. If the UID is indeed of partial South Asian ancestry it most likely would be northern Indian or Pakistani. However I'm guessing most likely Hispanic or Hapa.

I went on FaceApp, genderswapped a few male Hapa faces and some looked similar to the UID.

Another person thinks the UID could be an Ashkenazi Jew (and therefore white.) However I personally don't think so.

About the tattoo, does anyone see an S? I see 'JS' rather than 'JP'.

Based on the lead that the NCMEC received about Doe's name being Jasmine/Jassy.

I think that its possible that her name could have been Jasmine S.

About the tattoo, does anyone see an S? I see 'JS' rather than 'JP'.

Based on the lead that the NCMEC received about Doe's name being Jasmine/Jassy.

I think that its possible that her name could have been Jasmine S.
If she was from Puerto Rico, then it could have been Jazmín S.

I can't see anything in those photos of the tattoo. It's like the eye tests they give you to see whether you're colorblind.

I have a dove tattoo and it made me question what it looks like from different angles. lol

She doesn't really look like a hapa to me, but I guess she could be.

I have a dove tattoo and it made me question what it looks like from different angles. lol

I meant I literally can't see anything but a splatter of dots. I can't tell which ones are skin and which are ink, let alone try to figure out what the ink pattern might be :p Usually I blame it on my aging eyes, but the photo seems clear enough, just...not coming through. I can't even see the supposed J.

I wonder if an enhanced photo of the tattoo could be released, however, i think that genealogy will unveil her identity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMD
Back