Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked on FB for a Beverly D from JPHS and no luck. Will continue to search for her through other routes.

Checked findagrave.com for MA residents named Revised Full names to First name/Last Initial (incl. maiden name) -- Beverly A.D. died 1988 but it gave no DOB. She's buried in Worcester Co. Memorial Park.

Scratch B.A.D. from the list -- she was born 2/25/40.

Beverly D. is in the Yearbook Committee group photo (top row second from the left). She is a black woman, and obviously not the same woman who is in the Student Advisory Committee photo.

So what junior highs feed into this high school? Maybe we can find their yearbooks for years 1973,1974, 1975?

Although there is a strong resemblance it looks like the person in the yearbook photo has more defined cheekbones and a "bonier" face than the UID. I wouldn't give up the lead, though.

Thomas Aquinas is another high school in Jamaica Plain. There may be more.

Ms. D's race reminds me that this UID went missing only a year or two after forced busing for integration in Boston put hundreds of black students into schools where the Italians and the Irish regularly got into knife fights with each other and the Puerto Ricans were fighting everybody.

It was the prime of the Winter Hill Gang and the FBI coverup of their murderous habits. Two girls had been murdered because they witnessed a murder and at that time their bodies were still missing.

It was a violent time. If we're looking for people who might have killed and dumped a young woman, there are plenty of them.

I'm very confused by the "official" reconstruction...it looks nothing like the morgue photo...how could the "professionals" think this could be helpful???

... this UID went missing only a year or two after forced busing for integration in Boston put hundreds of black students into schools where the Italians and the Irish regularly got into knife fights with each other and the Puerto Ricans were fighting everybody.

It was the prime of the Winter Hill Gang and the FBI coverup of their murderous habits. Two girls had been murdered because they witnessed a murder and at that time their bodies were still missing.

It was a violent time. If we're looking for people who might have killed and dumped a young woman, there are plenty of them.

if we wanted to pursue the Winter Hill Gang/Boston angle... there is a known associate of the Winter Hill Gang with the initials "JP"

Jerry Perkins ("Poker Face") - became a member in 1973, he has been known to frequent slyfox with his dame, is still alive and living in south Boston.

i live in New England too and this case got me thinking yesterday about how little i really know about the 70/80s in Boston other than many of the neighborhoods people are flocking to now (ie. JP, the south end) were overrun by crime back then.

if we wanted to pursue the Winter Hill Gang/Boston angle... there is a known associate of the Winter Hill Gang with the initials "JP"

Jerry Perkins ("Poker Face") - became a member in 1973, he has been known to frequent slyfox with his dame, is still alive and living in south Boston.

i live in New England too and this case got me thinking yesterday about how little i really know about the 70/80s in Boston other than many of the neighborhoods people are flocking too now (ie. JP, the south end) were overrun by crime back then.

An acquaintance of mine who is a retired Boston-area cop has told me that in every city, not just Boston, there is a list of missing people -- mostly informants, but also associates of informants and of important people -- that is not public and will never be public. The names on it aren't even usually known to the public, but if there's enough pressure that they have to be listed, the listing is so sketchy that it's no use, or sometimes just plain wrong.

I don't know whether he's telling the truth -- he's a cynical old man with a bad memory and I think he exaggerates the corruption to make himself sound braver for resisting it -- but I don't have any trouble believing it, either.

I looked for a bit yesterday, but since JP is no longer a high school- it is difficult to figure out what junior highs fed into it. Of course, if they ever made a COMPLETE yearbook (not just senior pictures) we wouldn't have to go there. Is the yearbook on that historical link the only thing that was published that year? Or is there another book with all the students? I have never seen anything like that before. Anyways, if there is another book maybe it would be in the local library.

I looked for a bit yesterday, but since JP is no longer a high school- it is difficult to figure out what junior highs fed into it. Of course, if they ever made a COMPLETE yearbook (not just senior pictures) we wouldn't have to go there. Is the yearbook on that historical link the only thing that was published that year? Or is there another book with all the students? I have never seen anything like that before. Anyways, if there is another book maybe it would be in the local library.

Alot of the schools showed only the seniors in the high school yearbooks, especially in the mid-1970's and before. Sometimes they would show the senior portraits, and then group photos of everyone else. But frequently, they wouldn't even show the underclassmen at all.

Back then it was a lot of work to put together a yearbook. They had to physically paste the photos and type the names onto proof-sheets. Now, they do it on computers.

Would it be fair to say if she was wearing a rawhide necklace and is olive skin that she may be aboriginal/native american?

Would it be fair to say if she was wearing a rawhide necklace and is olive skin that she may be aboriginal/native american?

I don't think she is Aboriginal/NA. NA's tend to have very thin straight hair. Hers is coarse and frizzy. She looks more Italian or Mediterranean to me.

The rawhide necklace was likely a 70's hippy thing.

Could she be a lost child from the Argentian war? Scars on her knees and thigh leads me to believe this girl was living a life of slavery. The tattoo is described as "crudely". Could it have been some sort of branding? She was found with 2 keys. Keys manufactured in Massachussetts.

A witness saw a shiny blue Ford Econoline van.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=6617

Thanks Carl. The other question I had is the mole shown in your reconstruction photo. I'm not seeing anything on the NamUS about a mole. Would they not have mentioned that?

TIA

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/1895

The marks on my recon are taken straight from her postmortem photo. The mark on the left side of the bridge of her nose looks like a mole, and not just an injury. The mark just above the inside corner of her right eye (also taken from the postmortem) is clearly a mole.

Usually, small moles aren't mentioned unless they are large and prominent. For example, in the 1976 Sumpter County SC couple, the two moles on the woman's left cheek are mentioned, but they are large and noticeable.

Could she be a lost child from the Argentian war? Scars on her knees and thigh leads me to believe this girl was living a life of slavery. The tattoo is described as "crudely". Could it have been some sort of branding? She was found with 2 keys. Keys manufactured in Massachussetts.

A witness saw a shiny blue Ford Econoline van.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=6617

She could quite possibly be a refugee from the Argentinan "Dirty War" of the early 1970's or a human trafficking victim. She does look very typical of the people in Argentina.

I've been to Buenos Aires, and I remember that most people there there had the same sort of an Italian/Hispanic look.

I agree, Buenos Aires had a lot of Italian and German immigration years ago so some people have that "look".

However, I think the chances of her being an escapee or refugee from "The Dirty War" unlikely for a whole host of reasons.

I know some people in B.A. have started websites with pictures of the Lost on it, so if any one is curious that might be a place to start. JMO

Millions of people in the northeast have that general look...Italian immigration, Hispanic immigration, Greek and Macedonian, going clear back to Portuguese fishermen in the 1700's and the dark French-Canadians before that. She could even be black Irish. Very, very common.

I noticed that on of the descriptions on another website stated that she may have had symptoms of schizophrenia...what would make LE think that??

I noticed that on of the descriptions on another website stated that she may have had symptoms of schizophrenia...what would make LE think that??

Perhaps that she used binding twine to tie her shoes, and then made a necklace out of the leather shoelace.

That's sort of strange, though I wouldn't think that's necessarily an indication of schizophrenia.

Millions of people in the northeast have that general look...Italian immigration, Hispanic immigration, Greek and Macedonian, going clear back to Portuguese fishermen in the 1700's and the dark French-Canadians before that. She could even be black Irish. Very, very common.

Rhode Island and parts of MA particularly have strong Portuguese communities.

WOODLAWN DOGWOOD ROAD UNIDENTIFIED

Case Type: Unidentified
DOB: Circa 1958
Found: Sep 12, 1976
Age Now: 54
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'8" (173 cm)
Weight: 159 lbs (72 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Missing City: WOODLAWN
Missing State : MD
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: USMD02b678741
Circumstances:

The young woman's body was located by a passing motorist at 1030 hours on 9/12/1976 alongside Dogwood Road, Woodlawn, Baltimore County, MD a short distance from Lorraine Park Cemetery.

The young woman was in her late teens to mid 20's, 5' 8" tall, 159 pounds. She had shoulder length brown hair, and she was wearing a white/beige pullover, short-sleeve top, beige-yellow levi jeans, and wore a rawhide string necklace with a small round blue object attached to it. She had a 1 1/2 inch scar on her left thigh, and a tattoo on her right arm just below the shoulder. The tattoo appeared to be the letters: "JP", although it might have represented something else.

Source:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

LINK :

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...USMD&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628
Back