ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trista Reynolds told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she and Ayla Reynolds' father have been unable to get along in the last few weeks. She said she didn't tell the father, Justin DiPietro, that she'd filed the court paperwork Thursday.

"I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know where she is," she said Monday.
http://www.pressherald.com/news/Mom-of-missing-toddler-sought-sole-custody-.html

Okay TR says that JD did not know that she was filing for custody, but honestly, she doesn't know what he knew, because she says she hasn't talked to him. She might have said something on Facebook that indicated her plan, or a mutual acquaintance may have seen her when she went in to file the paperwork. Or TR might even have a friend that isn't really a friend, and is giving lots of info to JD about what TR is doing.

That's the first thing that popped into my head...

How does she know he didn't know?

Has it been confirmed by dad that he did not know of the custody filing? I know mom has said that... but Maine is a small place and I can imagine that word might have gotten to him through unofficial channels?

Or maybe this is just a real case of exceptionally bad timing. :(

They would have to have an upcoming court date so I imagine he would have been given a summons for that, though it probably wouldn't have been sent so quickly.

It is difficult to believe that the filing is purely coincidental to the child being missing. Also, odd to me that no matter how much they are not getting along that Mom would not have spoken to Dad once she heard her child was missing...

Ugh....ugh...ugh....not another one!

Did anyone else notice on the mother's myspace page that she appears to have 2 older boys as well??? Where are those children? So by my accounts she had the 9mo old, Ayla, then 2 older boys.

ETA: The boys are the nephews.

Ugh....ugh...ugh....not another one!

Did anyone else notice on the mother's myspace page that she appears to have 2 older boys as well??? Where are those children? So by my accounts she had the 9mo old, Ayla, then 2 older boys.

I thought that to but thought those boys seemed awfully old to be hers. If you read her about me section on my space, she says her two nephews are her world...so I would assume those two boys are her nephews.

Is it just me? Watching the mom on GMA just didn't give me the impression of a mom who's daughter is missing and she has no clue where she is? She was so animated about her comments and no where near tears - and no plea for folks to help find her daughter? The grandpa seemed so matter of fact, too. I guess I just know that if one of my kids were to have ever gone missing - my dad wouldn't have been able to help tearing up at the mention of them if asked about it after they'd been missing for more than a day and no information???

Something just didn't sit right with me. JMO

I thought that to but thought those boys seemed awfully old to be hers. If you read her about me section on my space, she says her two nephews are her world...so I would assume those two boys are her nephews.

Oh...I missed that. Thanks. I edited my post. :)

snipped from : http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ma...ll-custody-day/story?id=15186552#.Tu8t7Fa8g8s

Trista Reynolds says she filed paperwork Thursday to receive full custody of her daughter Ayla Bell Reynolds -- one day before the tot went missing -- but says she had not told the girl's father.

Hmmm ... so mom filed for "full custody" one day BEFORE Ayla went "missing" ...

:waitasec: and the father did not know ? :waitasec:

IMO ... hinky ... real hinky ...

I guess I better :shutup:

MOO ...

Good morning all,

I really hope that this is not one more case where one of the parents is responsible for whatever bad thing happened to one of their children!!

Just hypothetically...do you think that mom would go to the trouble of filing for custody, only to abduct her own child 1 day later? (I don't know how much trouble it really is; just something that came to mind.)

Although it's interesting that she filed for custody the day before Ayla went missing, it may be totally unrelated.

It's believable he didn't know - and if he didn't, this is a red herring, IMHO.

There sure aren't many toddlers who remain mysteriously missing from neat and tidy intact families, I will say that.

Good morning all,

I really hope that this is not one more case where one of the parents is responsible for whatever bad thing happened to one of their children!!

Just hypothetically...do you think that mom would go to the trouble of filing for custody, only to abduct her own child 1 day later? (I don't know how much trouble it really is; just something that came to mind.)

BBM: Ya never know ... and MOO ... :innocent: Also ... I do NOT believe in "coincidences" ... :innocent:

I was wondering if Ayla's father found out that the mother had filed for custody -- but he never told the mother that he knew that she had filed -- then ... SPECULATING HERE -- could he be hiding the baby ?

Again ... JMO and speculating here ...

I just hope this child is SAFE and SOUND ... and that she is found SOON !

MOO ...

BBM: Ya never know ... and MOO ... :innocent: Also ... I do NOT believe in "coincidences" ... :innocent:

I was wondering if Ayla's father found out that the mother had filed for custody -- but he never told the mother that he knew that she had filed -- then ... SPECULATING HERE -- could he be hiding the baby ?

Again ... JMO and speculating here ...

I just hope this child is SAFE and SOUND ... and that she is found SOON !

MOO ...

I have wondered if he knew about her filing for custody too. [ But I am confused because I thought that CPS took Ayla away from the mom in October.]

Anyway, there are two distinct types of reactions that a parent may have when they find out the other is trying to take the baby from them.
They may try and hide the child or they may dispose of the child, as a vengeful, vindictive action. I don't know enough about the father or mother to understand what really happened though.

The same article I linked above also says that police have said there is nothing suspicious about her arm being broken.

Unless Mom knew someone well who was in the house that night, I don't see how she could get the baby out with a house full of people.

As far as the Father goes. Hiding a child then reporting them missing never made any sense to me, unless the parent has ties to a different country. If you love your child so much you don't want to lose custody, how long could you go without seeing him/her? LE would be watching. Either you don't see your child again, or you're eventually slapped with charges...which would probably cause you to lose your child anyway.

Obviously we're not hearing everything right now, but it seems to me that the people who were in the house that night need to be closely looked at.

As far as the Mother not speaking to the Father since Ayla went missing...maybe he won't speak to her. They haven't spoke in weeks? Did she see her Daughter in those weeks? I hope so, otherwise this could be a case of another child who's been missing longer than claimed.

The broken arm worries me because I see the possibility that she has further injuries and was disposed of to cover the fact.

I am also a bit worried about the mother saying that the parents haven't spoken since Ayla disappeared. I think it may point to a familial thing. I think it would be natural for parents of an abducted child to reach out to each other, for mutual support, to stand up and fight for the child together, to try to puzzle things out and figure out what happened and even to reassure themselves that the other one doesn't know what happened. It bothers me that they have apparently not done that.

I have wondered if he knew about her filing for custody too. [ But I am confused because I thought that CPS took Ayla away from the mom in October.]

Anyway, there are two distinct types of reactions that a parent may have when they find out the other is trying to take the baby from them.
They may try and hide the child or they may dispose of the child, as a vengeful, vindictive action. I don't know enough about the father or mother to understand what really happened though.

The way I am understanding it is that either DHS took Ayla from her mother in October, determined that her father was a safe and stable placement with parental rights and responsibilities already in place, and closed their case, or that Ayla is with her father under a family placement, and who TR is really suing is DHS. I'm thinking it's more likely that DHS checked on her in October, didn't like her situation, and ordered a transfer of sole custody to her father, who is likely the one that would have tipped them off in the first place, in order for things to have gone that fast.

The same article I linked above also says that police have said there is nothing suspicious about her arm being broken.

The GMA video linked above says it was apparently due to a fall. It would have to be a pretty bad fall for her to break her arm.

Is she in daycare? If she fell while in daycare there would be witnesses to the fact that the family had nothing to do with the injury. Maybe a verified car accident or something else with witnesses and a documented injury mechanism.

I'm not sure if I would trust the word of the family alone if the child in question goes missing a month later. I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy Sleuth