ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify the differences between the different types of splints, slings, or casts? What exactly is it that Ayla had?

Going by LE's comments re: the soft cast on the arm, I wonder if she was born with a deformity, and this was a corrective measure. At this point the cast doesn't alarm me.
OR, the soft cast could be from an injury prior to October and the reason the father got custody. So many unknowns at this point.

Although it's interesting that she filed for custody the day before Ayla went missing, it may be totally unrelated.

It's believable he didn't know - and if he didn't, this is a red herring, IMHO.

There sure aren't many toddlers who remain mysteriously missing from neat and tidy intact families, I will say that.

Yes, I've noticed this as well...of course half, or even more, of the families in the US are no longer made up of the bio-parents and their children, but it sure does seem as though more than half of the missing or murdered children are coming from the families with more than one set of parents in the their lives, JMO...many may stem initially from custody disputes...

Why is it so important for the mother to reiterate that the father knew nothing of the recent custody filings? She seems adamant on getting that info out...she hasn't told him and she's "sure" nobody else told him. She's persistent about us knowing that information.

Why is that?

Okay, so where is everybody else? I'm still totally on the fence.

If her father had had her a very short time, meaning days or a couple of weeks, or if her broken arm were suspicious, then I would be very suspect. But he had her for a decent length of time, and LE has said the arm is not suspicious.

Her mother might have been involved, but the only real indication of that is her custody filing the day before. Most people, if they are going to take that step, will stick with it until the judge makes a decision. The risk, in my eyes, would be after the court hearing, in that situation, if it doesn't go the way someone wanted it to go.

The family and friend(s) that were there that night, we have heard almost nothing about. I don't even know if these were twenty year old party friends, church friends, good friends, mere acquiantanes, I literally know nothing about them, so in my mind, until they have been officially cleared, they are all suspect.

And then, if she really has been walking since she was ten months old, which can happen, then it is still somewhat possible that she simply got out of bed and walked off. I'm not leaning that direction, but it's possible.

So, I'm completely on the fence.

Going by LE's comments re: the soft cast on the arm, I wonder if she was born with a deformity, and this was a corrective measure. At this point the cast doesn't alarm me.
OR, the soft cast could be from an injury prior to October and the reason the father got custody. So many unknowns at this point.

JMO but if she had worn the cast because of corrective surgery they would have said so and not termed it "broken arm" and "accidental".

Police said there is nothing suspicious about Ayla’s broken arm. They said she sustained the injury some time ago, and they believe it was accidental.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1389547&srvc=rss

This is exactly what I thought! She and her father seem more angry than distraught
about where the baby is. Very odd interview-

Okay, so where is everybody else? I'm still totally on the fence.

If her father had had her a very short time, meaning days or a couple of weeks, or if her broken arm were suspicious, then I would be very suspect. But he had her for a decent length of time, and LE has said the arm is not suspicious.

Her mother might have been involved, but the only real indication of that is her custody filing the day before. Most people, if they are going to take that step, will stick with it until the judge makes a decision. The risk, in my eyes, would be after the court hearing, in that situation, if it doesn't go the way someone wanted it to go.

The family and friend(s) that were there that night, we have heard almost nothing about. I don't even know if these were twenty year old party friends, church friends, good friends, mere acquiantanes, I literally know nothing about them, so in my mind, until they have been officially cleared, they are all suspect.

And then, if she really has been walking since she was ten months old, which can happen, then it is still somewhat possible that she simply got out of bed and walked off. I'm not leaning that direction, but it's possible.

So, I'm completely on the fence.

I have no idea. The only thing that pops into my mind is that she would file for custody as a way to say, it wasn't me, why would I do it, I had just taken the proper legal steps to regain custody.

And P.S....would they really consider custody to someone who has no permanent address and is living in a hotel...allegedly?

The GMA video linked above says it was apparently due to a fall. It would have to be a pretty bad fall for her to break her arm.

Is she in daycare? If she fell while in daycare there would be witnesses to the fact that the family had nothing to do with the injury. Maybe a verified car accident or something else with witnesses and a documented injury mechanism.

I'm not sure if I would trust the word of the family alone if the child in question goes missing a month later. I just can't.

I'm just going with what LE said, that police had stated the fall was not suspicious. It also depends on where she broke it. I tripped over a shoelace, fell straight down with my arms out in front of me, and chipped the bone at the elbow. It had to be casted, it was still broken, but it was not fractured at the normal spots for a fall. I wasn't a young child, I was a young teenager at the time.

My daughter fell out of bed while spending the night at her aunt's house. Three other kids saw her do it. She landed on her cousin's Tonka truck and snapped the bone in the lower part of her arm. There was absolutely no reason to doubt that was how it happened, my daughter and three other witnesses all backed up the story. She was two and a half at the time, but she was understandable when she spoke and told the hospital workers what happened.

The broken arm worries me because I see the possibility that she has further injuries and was disposed of to cover the fact.

I am also a bit worried about the mother saying that the parents haven't spoken since Ayla disappeared. I think it may point to a familial thing. I think it would be natural for parents of an abducted child to reach out to each other, for mutual support, to stand up and fight for the child together, to try to puzzle things out and figure out what happened and even to reassure themselves that the other one doesn't know what happened. It bothers me that they have apparently not done that.

BBM: I totally agree ...

And the broken arm "sort of" reminded me of Aliayah Lunsford -- BUT Aliayah had 4 MISSING Teeth and it was later reported that she had been abused ...

What is this word coming to ? :banghead:

MOO ...

I sure hope LE has narrowed down the scenarios here...and is sill searching very carefully, inch by inch, outside...I personally can't imagine that this baby left her warm bed to head out into the icy air in her PJ's and just kept going, but if they have not ruled that out, they have to keep searching until they do...

article-2075806-0F3891D100000578-908_233x423.jpg

The pyjamas Ayla was wearing when she vanished

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-custody-hours-disappeared.html#ixzz1h08V7GUQ

Can someone clarify the differences between the different types of splints, slings, or casts? What exactly is it that Ayla had?

My daughter broke her arm playing tag. She put her arm out to catch herself and broke a tiny piece of bone off her elbow. They did not cast it right away. They put a soft cast on, which really is a half cast. It is a bendable long piece that forms to your arm on the bottom, then they wrap in with ace bandages. It can be removed easy to take a bath/shower. It is normally put on when there is swelling..they have to wait about 2 weeks to put the real cast on. I read somewhere that Ayla fell off a chair for what that is worth..MOO

With the custody paperwork, I can still see this going either way. It's possible the JD found out about the paperwork filing and hid Ayla somewhere, and it's also possible the TR filed the paperwork as a cover. Sort of, "Why would i just take her, I was going to court and doing everything right."

And of course, there are still a dozen other options that could lead in another dozen directions.

I hope and pray that she is hidden by either parent (because they love her so much, and don't want to give her up), and is not hurt, or in danger! I don't want to let my mind wander any further, because looking at her sweet face truly breaks my heart....

I just can't see a toddler her age getting very far wearing pajamas in Maine, in December.

Does Ayla talk?

Why is it so important for the mother to reiterate that the father knew nothing of the recent custody filings? She seems adamant on getting that info out...she hasn't told him and she's "sure" nobody else told him. She's persistent about us knowing that information.

Why is that?

:waitasec: To cast "suspicion" on him, and to "remove" the "suspicion" from her ... JMO and speculating here.

Also, maybe to portray him as the "bad parent" and not her ... JMO ...

MOO ...

I just can't see a toddler her age getting very far wearing pajamas in Maine, in December.

Does Ayla talk?

I agree there. I see it as a possibility, but not a very big one. If the doors were all shut, that makes it even less likely that she just walked off. Even LE said there aren't many woods in that area, so it's not like she wandered into the woods and got lost or eaten by dangerous wildlife.

I agree there. I see it as a possibility, but not a very big one. If the doors were all shut, that makes it even less likely that she just walked off. Even LE said there aren't many woods in that area, so it's not like she wandered into the woods and got lost or eaten by dangerous wildlife.

Wildlife doesn't seem likely but I suppose she could have gotten hit by a car and the driver decided to dispose of her rather than take the responsibility. And then there are ponds and rivers. I haven't looked at the map and I don't know if there are any nearby.

She is so small that it might be possible that the searchers overlooked her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member