ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...Here I am "Thinking Outside the Box' again...Who took Ayla from her mom when supposedly CPS took her to stay with JD?
Could it have been an imposter?

This could lead us down many varied paths of thinking.

No they can't momshrink and they shouldn't anyway, so she needs to get an attn to deal with that as soon as they find Ayla (she could do it now but she's probably focused on Ayla). There needs to be an investigation on that if her retelling of facts is accurate.

Okay...Here I am "Thinking Outside the Box' again...Who took Ayla from her mom when supposedly CPS took her to stay with JD?

Has there been verification that CPS in fact took Ayla and placed her in the care of Justin? I need to read the media releases again.

Has there been verification that CPS in fact took Ayla and placed her in the care of Justin? I need to read the media releases again.

If there is any verification per LE, I missed it.

IIRC, didn't Trista say that Ayla was in the care of her mother while she was in rehab, and then DHHS intervened and place Ayla with Justin? Please correct me if this isn't true, but it is my understanding. Either TR is telling the truth and JP's family has some influence with CPS, or someone filed a complaint against TR's mother. If the latter case is true, there's still two possiblites: someone in CPS was biased against TR's family, or an allegation was substantiated.

OT, I have been "logged off" both today and yesterday a few times, which never happens...not sure if it is my computer or WS...

I have, too, even when I check the box next to "keep me logged in." I thought maybe it's because I'm visiting with family and using a different computer. But, maybe not since others are experiencing the same problem.

Hit F5 or refresh. That should fix it.

Mine has not been working properly for several weeks. I thought it was a thanks timeout because I am a chronic thanker, refresh does the trick.

Praying baby Ayla is home for Christmas.:praying:

If true, someone was acting without authority. If this was someone known to JP and claimed authority to assign custody, then I think that is relevant to Ayla's disappearance. I hope LE is investigating that angle now.

Indy Anna, I'm so sorry to have to ask this but could you enlarge your text please?

I would enlarge it on my end but then I end up with a page of other people's text that is too large.

Sorry to ask but I have such a hard time reading your text size, and what you say is important to me to read. :)

I don't follow your thought here. Tell me more -Thanks!

transcript of two little quotes from this video of TR from today:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ma...-unstable-home/story?id=15198125#.TvDtgFZIuOe

TR: I just want answers. I just want to know where my daughter is. And who she may be with. Just bring her home.

Reporter: At around 8 oclock on Friday night, Justin Dipietro, Ayla's father, says he put the toddler to bed. When he went to check on her Saturday morning, he says she was gone. He's had custody of Ayla since child welfare agents placed her with him in November, while Reynolds was in rehab for substance abuse. During that time, Ayla's mom said she became concerned when she saw bruises, and confronted him.

TR: He said well, you know, her and my neice like to go down on the stairs. Like, it could be from that. I just..I didn't believe it.

BBM: I assume he did not find her Saturday morning . . .

I don't follow your thought here. Tell me more -Thanks!

I think the poster means what if the person who took Ayla to her father was not really legit, i.e. what if he/she was someone posing as CPS? In a way, that would make more sense than what we are hearing so far...

IIRC, didn't Trista say that Ayla was in the care of her mother while she was in rehab, and then DHHS intervened and place Ayla with Justin? Please correct me if this isn't true, but it is my understanding. Either TR is telling the truth and JP's family has some influence with CPS, or someone filed a complaint against TR's mother. If the latter case is true, there's still two possiblites: someone in CPS was biased against TR's family, or an allegation was substantiated.

BBM

I understood her to say that Ayla was with her sister (maybe sister and mom live together) when she was on Nancy Grace. Then CPS had Ayla moved to her father's care.

In my personal experience, it would surprise me exactly 0% to find that CPS did in fact violate rights and place a child in a more dangerous situation because of personal feelings about people in the case. IMO, they do that quite often because so much is left to worker discretion.

That said, I do think that maybe there are some things that Mom hasn't said. I am noticing a distinct lack of responsibility taking from the mother, just from her media interviews. Most parents would be blaming themselves, even if it was in no way their fault. That's just the way parents are. I am not saying that she had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance, I don't think she did, but I do have a hard time accepting her statements at face value.

Didn't I read previously that TR had agreed to have the father take her temporarily? I've gotta look back through the thread...but I agree, TR is not consistent and they ALL have been irresponsible in my opinion only...MOO

Yikes...I'm confused!

The other day I heard RR (TR's brother?) say that TR and JD DID have an arrangement that he would look after Ayla while she was in rehab, but would return her when she was out and ready ~ they were angry that this did not happen.

I have read that TR has stated something along the same lines. Although why she would agree to allow him to take her for any length of time when she was battered and bruised every time she was returned from visits with him is mind boggling.

Then I hear TR saying that CPS removed Ayla and placed her 'illegally' with JD.

If Ayla lived with her maternal grandmother and TR (possibly TR's sister) ~ why would CPS even become involved? Why wouldn't the grandmother and/or aunt, who were helping take care of her originally, not be considered adequate? And where was TR's 9 month old son during this rehab? If with grandma, even more screwy that Ayla was taken away.

I've tried to keep up here as much as possible between work, shopping, family, visits, gift wrapping...well you get it ~ and I'm just wondering why most people seem to be 100% convinced that TR and/or her family had absolutely nothing to do with this? Not saying I think she did, but wondering why she seems to be ruled out totally by so many...please and thank you :)

Wondering if anyone knows if/what the father does for a job? I think that is an important aspect to compare where LE is searching. With the turn of events yesterday, it seems apparent LE has narrowed in on Dad. Personally, I don't care about Mom's previous history at this time...unless LE turns the focus that way. I do understand others may have a different outlook or perspective. Personally, I only care about Ayla's where abouts at this time.

Yikes...I'm confused!

The other day I heard RR (TR's brother?) say that TR and JD DID have an arrangement that he would look after Ayla while she was in rehab, but would return her when she was out and ready ~ they were angry that this did not happen.

I have read that TR has stated something along the same lines. Although why she would agree to allow him to take her for any length of time when she was battered and bruised every time she was returned from visits with him is mind boggling.

Then I hear TR saying that CPS removed Ayla and placed her 'illegally' with JD.

If Ayla lived with her maternal grandmother and TR (possibly TR's sister) ~ why would CPS even become involved? Why wouldn't the grandmother and/or aunt, who were helping take care of her originally, not be considered adequate? And where was TR's 9 month old son during this rehab? If with grandma, even more screwy that Ayla was taken away.

I've tried to keep up here as much as possible between work, shopping, family, visits, gift wrapping...well you get it ~ and I'm just wondering why most people seem to be 100% convinced that TR and/or her family had absolutely nothing to do with this? Not saying I think she did, but wondering why she seems to be ruled out totally by so many...please and thank you :)

jumping off your post. (Hi Sparklin! :seeya:)

here is most of the statements made by TR or family members about custody, i might be missing some, let me know.

http://www.wmtw.com/video/30033639/detail.html

Reporter: From the kitchen table at her fathers house in Portland, TR says she hasn't slept since the call on Saturday, that her 20 month old baby named Ayla was missing from a Waterville home where she stayed with the father, JD. Reynolds says the couple, who were never married, had no legal custody arrangement, but they did have an agreement. Including around the time Trista was in rehab.
TR: The agreement was, was that if he took Ayla, if I let him take care of Ayla for the time being, for me to get back on my feet, he had to live with his mother because I thought it would have been the safest place for her to be. And..I was wrong.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html

The toddler had lived in Portland with her mother and grandmother until mid-October, said Becca Hanson, Ayla’s grandmother. The grandparents, who are not married and have separate addresses, said Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services had removed Ayla from her mother’s care in October. The maternal grandparents criticized the agency, although no details about the action were available Sunday.

http://www.wmur.com/r/30037216/detail.html

Welfare agents had placed Ayla with her father weeks ago while her mother, Trista Reynolds, was in rehab for substance abuse, Reynolds' stepsister Whitney Raynor said Monday. The toddler's maternal grandmother, Becka Hanson, told the Morning Sentinel newspaper it was the Department of Health and Human Services that took custody of the girl and turned her over to DiPietro.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ng.01.html

GRACE: I`m going to come back to Dr. Carter. But very quickly, Trista Reynolds is with us. This is Ayla`s mom. Trista, you went to court in secret just hours before Ayla goes missing, 20-month-old baby girl with a sling on her arm. Did you prevail? Did the judge suggest to you that you were going to get full custody?

REYNOLDS: I haven`t even gotten that far. All I have done is file the paperwork, and that was it. I haven`t seen a judge. I haven`t talked to a lawyer. I have done nothing but file...

GRACE: So you went all on your own without even a lawyer to help you, trying to get custody. Why, Trista, were you trying to get full custody?

REYNOLDS: Because her father has never had anything to do with her up until I needed to go and get a little bit of help for myself. And then when I left my daughter with my sister, that`s when he decided, You know what? I`m going to take Ayla.
~~
TIRSTA REYNOLDS, AYLA REYNOLDS` MOTHER (via telephone): No. I did not tell Justin that I was going to the court to file. Now, me and him had had the discussion within that week that he told me himself that he was going to file the custody papers against me. So I decided to go and file against him.
~~
TIRSTA REYNOLDS: Because he`s vindictive. He`s very verbally abusive towards me and anything that I say or do, he refuses to let me see my daughter, he`s refused to let me talk to her. I mean, he has never, like, once since he`s had her, since October 17th, had let me have her for one single day. So, I decided that it was time to do this the legal way and let a judge say who this child should be with. And my daughter does deserve to be with me. I`m the one who`s raised her for 18 months.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/20/ijvm.01.htm

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, excellent question. Jessica Reynolds, you are the child`s maternal aunt. You were watching the little girl at the time that the mother went into rehab, and then the dad comes and takes the child away. Had you told Children Services, "Hey, she keeps getting hurt, reportedly, allegedly, when with the father"?

J. REYNOLDS: Well, I can say we have reported it many times, to department of health and human services, to answer that question that was just asked. I didn`t let the child go with him. I was told I had to give the child to him. It was not an option.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/21/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, now, Jessica, Ayla`s mom, went into rehab for alcohol abuse back in October. She left the child with her sister, and my understanding, Ronnie, is that the father came in while the mom was in rehab and took the child with the help of child services. So he says they had an agreement. To me it sounds like they had a disagreement. What do you know, Ronnie?

RONALD REYNOLDS jr: OK, first off, they did have an agreement, OK. When Trista was in rehab, they did have an agreement for Justin to take care of Ayla while she was there. Now, DHS, on the other hand, said when Trista got out of rehab, she could take back Ayla. Ayla was supposed to go back to her mom. And that never happened.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So Trista got out of rehab and she was trying to get her child back. And are you saying that dad wouldn`t give the child back?

RONALD REYNOLDS jr: No. Her father would not bring her back. He canceled doctor appointments. He canceled visitations with Trista. I`m sorry. This doesn`t make sense. Where is my 20-month-old niece? You know, he had the agreement with Trista and then violated it.

ETA:
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/45775493#45775493

Q: There's a lot of questions and speculation about the custody situation, I know that Ayla was put into, by child protective services, into custody, uh, Justin got custody of Ayla in October...
TR: He did not get custody of Ayla.
Q:...temporary custody in October? He did not?
TR: No, he did not, no, he did not.
Q: Why was she in his care?
TR: Nothing stating..Because Department of Health and Human Services violated my rights. That is why she ended in Justin's care. There was no court order, there was no nothing that had to do with any custody at all. None, whatsoever.
Q: Did you file for sole custody though, the couple of days before she disappeared?
TR: On Thursday, yeah, I went to Portland courthouse and I filed for parental rights and responsibilities.

JD mentions the custody in his statement:

Ayla was in my sole custody at the time of her disappearance per agreement between her mother and I because she was temporarily unable to care for Ayla. I have shared every piece of information possible with the police. Contrary to some statements floating around out there, I have been in communication with Ayla's mother over the last couple of weeks. The Waterville police have the transcripts from my phone for verification of those communications.
It has always been my intention to have a shared parenting arrangement with Ayla's mother and I will continue to work towards that when Ayla is returned to us.

Wondering if anyone knows if/what the father does for a job? I think that is an important aspect to compare where LE is searching. With the turn of events yesterday, it seems apparent LE has narrowed in on Dad. Personally, I don't care about Mom's previous history at this time...unless LE turns the focus that way. I do understand others may have a different outlook or perspective. Personally, I only care about Ayla's where abouts at this time.

We haven't heard a word about his work, if any...kind of odd.
As far as TR's and family...seeing her dad tells me that at least he in no way has any idea what happened to his granddaughter. And I don't believe Mom does either...while her explanations and accounts have been a little flaky, they are not red flags to me as far as having any guilt about Ayla's whereabouts. She may be embellishing her tales of what went down prior to last Friday. But it seems something was coming to a head; she was planning on taking her child back for good, he was not planning on giving her back, if TR can be believed. And then she is gone.

Like other posters, I fear this boils down to child support in some way. Whether he harmed the baby in anger, or removed her from mom's reach with the idea that it would be far cheaper for him to feed her (or have his mom do so, who knows) then to pay a monthly amount to TR, there is no telling. But if he has "hidden" her, I don't see how he has been able to withstand LE for a full week, and what the end goal would be.

I really can't keep up anymore. It seems that every week there is another missing child. Has it always been this way and now we just hear about it more often because of technology or is this some kind of new epidemic. It breaks my heart. All of these precious little ones who should be celebrating Christmas with family and those that love them. I can't understand how anyone could harm a child or animal. It baffles me to be honest. It seems like there's even too many missing children cases for the media to report on these days. Usually HLN is all over these cases but I've seen a little here and there but nothing compared to the Caylee coverage. Is it just too many bad things happening now for anyone to keep up? So sad. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro