ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been confirmed if the two children slept in the same room?
If they did imo it makes the broken arm relevant in another way: it seems to make it less likely that it was a random stranger looking for a random child to abduct.
If there were two children to choose from, it would be easier for a random stranger to take the one with no cast on her arm because that child probably wouldn't need medical attention in near future and there is less danger that the uninjured child wakes up from pain and brings the whole house up screaming if you pick her up the wrong way.

Speaking as a parent who’s 4 year old broke their arm over Thanksgiving - I whole heartedly agree. My daughter would scream out in the middle of the night in pain from her own movement. I can’t imagine what she would have done if you tried to pick her up without her knowledge, especially when she had the soft cast on.

Playing a bit of devils' advocate her (not really but.....)

WHAT IF:

LE was in (so to speak) on the lie and it was done to kind of freak out the person they thought had Ayla? Sort of like - Gma says she was there - and the person who took her believed she WASN'T there (which was the truth) but got uneasy thinking that maybe she WAS there and knew something (since they thought they'd checked and knew everyone who was in that house and sleeping? --- The thought process could've been to do/say SOMETHING to rattle the person who took her?

I know it's WAY faaaaaar fetched but the thought did cross my mind so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Do we know what the other adults had to say and if they stayed until the morning?

If she wanted to help him she needs someone to advise her because it may have backfired. Now there is a shadow of doubt over everything else she said; is she being truthful or is she just trying to help her son?

I don't think we know what they told LE. Maybe that's the issue, no one was advising her and she was doing what she thought best. I can't say. I would think LE would be a whole lot more interested in her if she did the exact same thing when talking with them (gave the inference she was there and then says she wasn't).

So now I have even more red flags going up over this interview.

My first red flag was when the Grandmother said that when her son fell holding the baby that she was more worried about him breaking his wrist than about the conditon of the baby.

And now she might have been out of the house on the night the child disappeared? OMG

Just a few days ago, JD said on Nancy Grace:

“It was just a normal night. There was nothing - I put her to bed and just been a normal night,” he said when asked what happened on the night Ayla disappeared.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/02/baby-aylas-dad-its-a-helpless-situation/?hpt=ng_bn8

Also, they have talked from the beginning about who was in the home, and the concensus seemed to be that the grandmother was at home that night. If grandmother wasn't there, then maybe it wasn't such a normal night. Ya think?

It has to be a lie for this to be out there so long without a correction. I don't think it's the grandmother being naive either - I think she is covering up. For one thing, the child's mother agreed to the arrangement as long as the Dad was living with the grandmother, and I presume that is because she thought at least Grandma would check on the child and take care of her. I can only imagine how the mother feels knowing the grandmother wasn't even home that night, after all this. :furious::twocents:

WTF???

@cnnross Ross Levitt
#AylaReynolds' grandmother clarifies she was not at home the night the toddler disappeared. #cnnexclusive
May all the walls come tumbling down and show the truth about what happened with this precious baby, Ayla, and let LE find where she is

Tic Toc, Tic Toc, sounds to me that the mom doesn't want the cops honing in on her. Or fears an arrest is pending and is trying to disassociate herself.
I'm thinking the same thing.

When it's found out someone lied it's always a game changer. Let the complete truth from all come out so this precious Baby Ayla be found.

MOO

I agree that Grandma DiPietro was being deliberately evasive in her interview on Friday, AND she lied. It is very obvious to me at this point that she was trying to give the impression that it was a normal, everyday night in Granny's house--bedtime at 8:00 pm in the G-rated, wholesome DiPietro home. At this point, I do not trust one word that comes out of the woman's mouth. It is quite obvious that she has been trying to protect her son from public scrutiny. I sincerely don't believe that the woman has a clue what happened that fateful night other than what her son has told her. Now, I am wondering if she was truly home when Ayla broke her arm? Is she covering for her son for that 'accident' too? I don't have a good feeling about this whole thing. Where is little Ayla?

RBBM: Good point, and one of the very reasons people should not try to sway the truth by being evasive. If a person is caught at it, then we have to question everything else they've said as well.

When it comes to Ayla's arm, I'm reminded that the medical personnel both heard the story and saw the results. If these are seasoned medical folks, they've seen lots of times when the story didn't fit the injury, and they've called the authorities in. But then lots of abuse is accepted as injury the first, second, (even third, fourth) time. So yep, thanks to Grandma trying to shape the story, now I've got to step back and take another look at this as well, which means taking a whole 'nuther look at the son.

Seems we had another grandmother in another case trying to run the show by twisting and shaping, eh? The initials CA come to mind.

I'm sorry but I gotta think that there was a party that night. Several adults in the home (not Grandma though) and one who isn't related to the family. Does that mean at least one non-family member? Was the other toddler there that night? Was the sister? What about the other brother, LD? It was FRIDAY NIGHT at home with no grandma. JD is 24 years old. Normal nights can be party nights if that's what normal is, JMO.

Investigators say several adults were present in the DiPietro home the night of the 20-month-old's disappearance, including one non-family member, CNN reports.

Dipietro's mother, Phoebe DiPietro, told CNN that no family members who were there that night had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance.

hmmm. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...eynolds-case-as-father-grandmother-speak-out/

So is grandma pointing a finger at the NON FAMILY MEMBER? Who the heck is that person. Is it Dads GF?

...Phoebe DiPietro, told CNN that no family members who were there that night had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance.

She's pretty specific in this quote.

What does she think about the non-family member that was there? Has this person been identified (i.e., is JD's gf considered family or is this who is described as the non-family member)? Is there extended family in Waterville who were there that night that may have noticed something?

ETA - SuziQ: GMTA! I saw your post after submitting mine.

PD seems to be very protective of JD. When the fall occured, she was more worried about JD than Ayla. She was more concerned with JD's class than the ER visit. When she learned Ayla was missing, her first thought was that JD would go around kicking down doors.

"I walked out of my house to go down to the station to give statements, and all of a sudden we were homeless on top of everything else,"

"It's been very hard," she said. "You're worried about your children. Your granddaughter is missing."

"My son was in shambles -- just crying and shaking -- and there was nothing I could do to comfort him," she said. "You feel so helpless."

"My house was in shambles," she recalled. "I don't even know how to describe that. I felt violated. Along with the fact that someone took my granddaughter from my home, (the police) came in and did what they did."

It reads to me like JD is her number one priority. Her omissions look like an effort to back up JD. The focus of all the DiPietro's statements seem to be to "correct" public opinion. All MOO

Playing a bit of devils' advocate her (not really but.....)

WHAT IF:

LE was in (so to speak) on the lie and it was done to kind of freak out the person they thought had Ayla? Sort of like - Gma says she was there - and the person who took her believed she WASN'T there (which was the truth) but got uneasy thinking that maybe she WAS there and knew something (since they thought they'd checked and knew everyone who was in that house and sleeping? --- The thought process could've been to do/say SOMETHING to rattle the person who took her?

I know it's WAY faaaaaar fetched but the thought did cross my mind so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Wasn't she always listed in the list of adults who were supposed to have been there that night? I know I was working under the assumption that grandma was home from the beginning.

I'm sorry but I gotta think that there was a party that night. Several adults in the home (not Grandma though) and one who isn't related to the family. Does that mean at least one non-family member? Was the other toddler there that night? Was the sister? What about the other brother, LD? It was FRIDAY NIGHT at home with no grandma. JD is 24 years old. Normal nights can be party nights if that's what normal is, JMO.
"I can tell you there was not a party here at the house. Just beyond that, I can't answer any questions." She says her son put Ayla to bed every night.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-01-07/...girl_1_investigation-son-phones?_s=PM:JUSTICE

She can tell us there was not a party there at the house. It kinda makes me wonder if there was a party somewhere else. Were the adults in the home home, like, the whole night?

Wasn't she always listed in the list of adults who were supposed to have been there that night? I know I was working under the assumption that grandma was home from the beginning.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-01-07/...girl_1_investigation-son-phones?_s=PM:JUSTICE

She can tell us there was not a party there at the house. It kinda makes me wonder if there was a party somewhere else. Were the adults in the home home, like, the whole night?

It was a feeling I had when this case broke. . .was JD even there? I think there was some confusion about when Ayla went to bed, no? And then when JD says he discovered her missing in the morning. I had always thought, didn't the little cousin wake up earlier? Wouldn't the sister have noticed Ayla wasn't in her bed when she went to get her child?

Idk. . .but that whole timeline and what really happened just feels hinky to me. Several pages back I posted that I'm on the fence about JD but I wondered about the paternal grandma. Now this? Ugh!

How does she know? She wasn't there.

What do you call it if you have a bunch of adults in the house, not all of which are family members, and they don't live there?

Party or get-together, still the same thing.

Thank you!

So...she didn't hear anything because she wasn't there to hear. She was probably told there was no party, but she doesn't state that she's relating what she was told...not what she knows first-hand. And she wasn't the last one to go to bed because she wasn't there to go to bed? Not "lying," just being "deliberately evasive," or so it would seem.

I was taught that being deliberately evasive is the same as lying. And yet, she doesn't "really lie." She probably thought she was helping out her son by keeping the public from honing in on him. And yet, now it seems to have done just the opposite. Sigh. This is why it's best to tell the truth in the first place or just hush.

In the media video that was posted (where she shows us the red dress) I could tell by the way she answered 'no' to some of the questions that she wasn't there.

I can't go by what the media states as 'she said...' because that could just mean that she again, answered yes or no, not that she expanded on the reply.

I'm not too concerned, since I have no doubt LE knew this all along...mind you I'm replying to a very early post so I'll carry on and see

What do you call it if you have a bunch of adults in the house, not all of which are family members, and they don't live there?

Party or get-together, still the same thing.

I agree, it could be just a matter of definition. One man's party is another man's quiet Friday night at home.

The quoted post referred to her saying that none of the family members had anything to do with Ayla going missing.

I think there is a difference between a party and a get together.

To me, when I hear party, I think loud music, drinking, just a general loud atmosphere. A get together can be something low key, people just hanging out. If I have friends over and we're just hanging out, I wouldn't say I had a party.

I'm not saying he did or did not have a party or a get together, just that I feel there's a difference between the two. IMO.

My apologies if this link has already been discussed, but PD states she was upfront with LE.

DiPietro said she told police about her whereabouts that night from the very start. She added that it's her impression detectives followed up on her information early on.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/08/us/maine-missing-toddler/

My opinion is that once a person lies, it is very hard if not impossible to trust anything they say from that point on. PD waited two days to even correct her story, which is even worse--in my opinion. Therefore, just because she claims that she was upfront with law enforcement, I don't trust her word from this point on. Not only that, but JD used his mother as a witness on national television to back up his story that there wasn't a party in the house the night Ayla disappeared. From my perspective, that makes JD a liar too; obviously he knew that his mother wasn't at the house that night. What other individual has come forward in support of JD besides his mother? JD also used her for his account of Ayla's arm injury. Now, I believe that it is reasonable to question whether that story is true since I don't feel that PD is to be trusted at this point. I really don't feel that she had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance, but I am very suspect about JD. If nothing else, they have both illustrated to the public on national television that they are not honest people, in my opinion. This is a very big deal--not something that can just be logically explained away.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb