ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the above link it says "During a two-hour interview at the home of missing 21-month-old Ayla Reynolds, DiPietro and his mother Phoebe DiPietro described the family’s ordeal since he reported his daughter missing Dec. 17."

Was there anything written about this two hour interview? There was the perfect opportunity to ask the tough questions. What the heck did they discuss for two hours and not give any worthwhile information?

I think this is it, basically.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/father-wants-to-keep-focus-on-toddler_2012-01-06.html

It's hard for him because people speculate, particularly NG, but he can handle it and understands why. He's doing things with Laura Recovery to help get Ayla home. He likes having someone to talk to. He misses the press activity outside his home. He has no problem answering tough questions. He has nothing to hide. He says he does not want to stoop to Trista's level. He does not want to be photographed.

It would be easier to believe he has no problem answering tough questions and that he has nothing to hide if he had actually answered some questions about that night and not said that he prefers having LE answer for him. It would be easier to believe that he wanted the press outside his door if he had talked to them to keep them coming back. MOO.

Yes, and we all know Nancy does this all the time right? pppfffftttttt, it was a smart arse statement he made, nothing more, nothing less.

:rocker: Your "siggy" !

If there's hink....there must be stink.

And that's what there is in this case : HINK = STINK !

MOO ... :seeya:

What the heck does he mean, he doesn't want to stoop to Trista's level??? What's she done that doesn't have his approval? Excuse my sarcasm.

I agree with whoever said this invitation to NG was personal. I'm sure there are many people who have had loved ones missing who didn't like her personally, or didn't like her hard nosed questioning... but most of them sat through it. I remember when she came down pretty hard on Haleigh Cummings' mother, but she handled it with dignity, while I would have probably thrown the mic down and stomped off!

I realized that I paraphrased it wrong.

Actually he says he doesn't want to stoop to "some people's" level. But Trista is mentioned immediately before that so I'm pretty certain that's who it means.

He said he's concerned that the media has focused closely on accusations made by Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, who went on the "Today" show last week.

"I don't have time for that," he said. "If I stoop to the level that some people have gone to, I've lost more than my daughter. I've lost myself."

Guess he didn't like her saying that she was worried about the bruises and the arm.

I must have missed something...being on the state payroll, especially in this capacity, has no bearing on anything, does it?

Maybe JD's mother's place of work doesn't have anything to do with this case.
But I know any information leading to connections of other people who may know/hear/ information regarding Ayla is a step in the right direction JMO.
We have little information to keep us sleuthing, so thinking outside the box can only be helpful, to me, that is.

Here's my :twocents: about Justin's comment regarding NG:

But first, let me say I admit I have "criticized" Nancy Grace in the past -- sorry to be O/T but that dancing stuff was just a waste of air time ... MOO ...

BUT ... I will give her credit where credit is due -- and she DESERVES CREDIT when she covers missing person's cases !

JMO ... but I found Justin's statements about Nancy Grace very "immature" and "self-centered" -- considering he has a child "missing" ...

Justin's comment had nothing to do with Nancy and Team going to Maine to help put the news out about Ayla --

Justin's comment had EVERYTHING to do with HIM and WHAT HE HAD TO DO ON A DAILY BASIS ... :boohoo:

Well what about Ayla, Justin ? What has SHE been going through since December 16, 2011 ? :furious:

MOO ...

I don't think he invited NG to do a show about Ayla. He invited her to his house to see what he is going throug. He did not invite her producers, IIRC. It was personal against NG, the way I see it. JMO

I agree. JD responds when he gets called out. All MOO.

On HLN right now and I hope this will be repeated. Phoebe interview.

I would like to see the local media or any media for that matter do some Investigative Reporting! Perhaps find a clerk at the local grocery store that saw Justin with Ayla just a day or so before. Maybe a friend that dropped by for a few minutes and could relate a story about her. There might be a babysitter who watched her for a few hours while Justin went to class and his Mother went to work. Any of those could relate a personal story about her that would keep her in the news.

If Justin's family do not want to talk then I hope friends, neighbors, or anyone who has some contact or knowledge will speak to the media.

With LE not giving out any or much info. this story is fading from the news.

I agree. I want someone to speak up and state that they saw Ayla at some place and time before the happened. Who saw her anywhere???

There were sheer curtains in the girls room, according to PD.

What was Ayla's grandma talking about about the sheer curtains in 'the girl's room.' She said something about getting thicker ones, or something? I did not understand that part/

I agree. I want someone to speak up and state that they saw Ayla at some place and time before the happened. Who saw her anywhere???

It is disturbing that no one seems to have come forward...we only heard from a neighbor who didn't even know of Ayla's existance in the home, apparently. Didn't JD take her anywhere? It is a small town, did people seem them out and about in the weeks leading up to December 17th?

I hate it when LE is so silent...because of past cases. I used to assume they had so much info and knowledge and were just about to spring it, but so often, it is what it is-silence because LE has no way to proceed with a case. How many times did it seem like Kyron's case was about to break, or Haleigh's, when they took Misty out to the river that day? And then, more months and years of nothing.

This case is still "new", as far as cases go, so I can still hold out some hope than an arrest is coming. As to finding Ayla, I have less hope. JMO

Maybe JD's mother's place of work doesn't have anything to do with this case.
But I know any information leading to connections of other people who may know/hear/ information regarding Ayla is a step in the right direction JMO.
We have little information to keep us sleuthing, so thinking outside the box can only be helpful, to me, that is.

Connections would only go so far when it comes to DHHS or CPS removing a child, unless she also had connections to the judge that presided over the show-cause hearing (assuming there was one, as there usually is when a child is removed from the home). Without actually knowing those circumstances, I guess it does help to include that in the realm of possibility.

What was Ayla's grandma talking about about the sheer curtains in 'the girl's room.' She said something about getting thicker ones, or something? I did not understand that part/

She said something about someone peering in...assuming she was talking about possibly someone peering into the room and could see the two little girls. She has purchased new thicker ones now. (that's what I understood her to mean)

Hello. Ive been reading on this case, but not chiming in. I just have to finally say something..JMO MOO as always, but I think all this abduction stuff is a pile of baloney. If, and I stress IF Ayla was even in the house that night and not already "gone" one of the folks who were there that night, or Mr. Dipeitro himself know exactly what happened. She is not, MOO, being hidden because of custody or any other bull...I think at this point, just like in the Baby Lisa case, this poor baby is gone forever. Again, sorry, just my opinion, but in almost ALL these "missing" child cases, someone close to the child did it. Maine is a small... everyone knows someone who knows someone etc etc...state. If it was a S O or a random kidnapper/abductor, it would be solved by now. My only hope is that LE knows more than is being revealed and the guilty party will be arrested eventually. My heart goes out to TR and all who loved little Ayla. May they be given justice and peace.

She said something about someone peering in...assuming she was talking about possibly someone peering into the room and could see the two little girls. She has purchased new thicker ones now. (that's what I understood her to mean)

She has said all sorts of contradictory things. So now someone was peering in? Right...didnt it snow that night? were there any footprints around the windows or the house? Across the middle of the snow covered lawn? MOO, but I think she knows Ayla was not abducted that night...JMO

She has said all sorts of contradictory things. So now someone was peering in? Right...didnt it snow that night? were there any footprints around the windows or the house? Across the middle of the snow covered lawn? MOO, but I think she knows Ayla was not abducted that night...JMO

From listening to the comment in context, it was more like her wondering if someone had been scouting out Ayla, watching her, waiting for an opportunity when they could come in and take her. That is where the "sheer curtains" came up.

Hello. Ive been reading on this case, but not chiming in. I just have to finally say something..JMO MOO as always, but I think all this abduction stuff is a pile of baloney. If, and I stress IF Ayla was even in the house that night and not already "gone" one of the folks who were there that night, or Mr. Dipeitro himself know exactly what happened. She is not, MOO, being hidden because of custody or any other bull...I think at this point, just like in the Baby Lisa case, this poor baby is gone forever. Again, sorry, just my opinion, but in almost ALL these "missing" child cases, someone close to the child did it. Maine is a small... everyone knows someone who knows someone etc etc...state. If it was a S O or a random kidnapper/abductor, it would be solved by now. My only hope is that LE knows more than is being revealed and the guilty party will be arrested eventually. My heart goes out to TR and all who loved little Ayla. May they be given justice and peace.

By looking at what has been said, what hasn't been said, the actions taken by LE, the actions not taken by law enforcement I tend to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper