Found Deceased ME - Chase Dmuchowsky - UMPI Student - Vehicle Found Abandoned on Penobscot Narrows Bridge

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this is not self harm, why would this person go to Ellsworth?

1. date
2. buy something- Craigs List, Ebay, somethig less organized?
3. see another student....

Ellsworth has some bars and restaurants but on a Monday night, by the time he got there (after 9pm) most things would be closed. IMO.

Here's some info on the bridge itself. Penobscot Narrows Bridge & Observatory & Fort Knox
and a video
IMO
So no security on bridge or cameras? Seems strange for a newer bridge.
Also very high up. I'm sure this has happened before... other people and/or cars with people gone missing
I just Google this bridge and answered my own question. Seems this has happened before. Wonder why they don't have prevention for this

Last edited:
IMO
So no security on bridge or cameras? Seems strange for a newer bridge.
Also very high up. I'm sure this has happened before... other people and/or cars with people gone missing
The 2,120-foot cable stayed bridge that crosses the Penobscot River, connecting Prospect and Verona Island, has been the site of at least eight suicides, according to Bangor Daily News.May 26, 2022

A Journal reader asks, why no safety fences on Penobscot ...​

The 2,120-foot cable stayed bridge that crosses the Penobscot River, connecting Prospect and Verona Island, has been the site of at least eight suicides, according to Bangor Daily News.May 26, 2022

A Journal reader asks, why no safety fences on Penobscot ...

IMO
Holy cow. Why build a bridge without any safety fences etc. They did install phones for suicide hotline access but apparently haven't been working well according to wiki

When a vehicle is left running on a bridge it does seem to suggest that self harm may be involved. Has it been stated what direction the vehicle was heading?

I just wonder if there would be any other reasons why someone would stop on a bridge like that. It was pretty late at night so maybe not much traffic. I wondered if maybe CD stopped there to take a picture or two. The bridge is pretty impressive at night. People have done some pretty risky things that have ended badly when trying to take pictures.

When a vehicle is left running on a bridge it does seem to suggest that self harm may be involved. Has it been stated what direction the vehicle was heading?

I just wonder if there would be any other reasons why someone would stop on a bridge like that. It was pretty late at night so maybe not much traffic. I wondered if maybe CD stopped there to take a picture or two. The bridge is pretty impressive at night. People have done some pretty risky things that have ended badly when trying to take pictures.
I was wondering the same about direction. Was he heading to or from Belfast? Lights on, car running sounds like self-harm. I hope not.

OCT 31

The family of a missing college student from the University of Maine at Presque Isle said the search for him continues a week after he was last seen.

Law enforcement officials are looking for Chase Dmuchowsky, 21, after he was last seen on a surveillance camera leaving his dorm at the Presque Isle campus around 6 p.m. on Oct. 24.

“We love and miss Chase so much,” said Dmuchowsky’s sister Zoe Dmuchowsky. “He could make anyone laugh no matter how bad of a day they were having. Chase’s family is hurting and is in search of answers.”

IMG-8619.jpg

More at Family of missing Presque Isle university student looks for answers
This breaks my heart.
So many young people struggle mentally at university. I don't know that Chase chose self-harm, but I am worried about him in any case.
I hope his family finds him safe and get to hug him close.

DEEMI search and Rescue just posted this on FB
Kayak Search teams working area of
sandy beach in the search for Chase, Team leader Warner D.

Last edited:
Well, a male in his 20s who’s been in the water for ‘some time’ certainly fits the picture.

But they’ll know one way or the other, soon. His height, 6’6”, might have been a fast rule out, but considering that this case hasn’t had a great deal of publicity, they’re probably wise to not say anything till they can speak with certainty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin
Back