ME ME - Diana Estey, 71, Medford, 2 Nov 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article from today regarding search: http://m.penbaypilot.com/article/ga...lp-sept-17-medford-search-missing-woman/91891

The Maine Warden Service is seeking volunteer searchers. Maine game wardens are planning a search for missing person Diana Esteys, from the town of Medford, Sunday, September 17. Esteys went missing last year on/about November 1, 2016. A family friend originally called to report her missing after not seeing her for several days just after Halloween.

On Sunday, Maine Warden Service will be conducting another ground search for Esteys in the Medford area.

The Maine Warden Service is asking for the help from members of the public for this search. If you are interested in assisting with the search and meet the following criteria you can assist. Wardens are hoping for approximately 100 people who meet the following criteria to perform grid searches in a variety of terrain.

More at link

So sad that they still have not found Diana :(

MEDFORD, Maine (WABI) It's been almost a year since the disappearance of an elderly Medford woman.

The Maine Warden Service has conducted multiple searches in the area for 71-year old Diana Esteys.

Today, they held another organized search with volunteers from the public in hopes of finding some answers.

"Nobody's got a clue. She just vanished."
It's been almost a year since 71-year old Diana Esteys from Medford was reported missing.

Authorities have spent months looking for clues...so far, nothing.

"We haven't really come up with a definitive clue as to why she's missing. Obviously, she must have done something that we just haven't gotten the right area yet."
http://www.wabi.tv/content/news/Search-Continues-For-Missing-Medford-Woman-445133203.html

No real updates to report, we're coming up on a year since Diana went missing.
They've set up a to raise a reward.

*modsnip*/ link to removed acc TOS

Last edited by a moderator:
still missing: 2 years later, search continues for missing Maine woman

missing23-png-1541407217.png

The authorities have stated that they will have a statement to give on November 8th.

It is heartbreaking to hear Ms. Estey's brother speaking on the video in the news article (below)
which @Alleykins kindly provided:

“The car was there. Everything was there. It's like she walked out the door and poof,” her younger brother, Paul Estey, said Thursday standing in his Bangor livingroom. “We just can't can't find a trace of her.”

His sister's lights and TV were left on, the door to her home was unlocked, and her purse and keys were found inside.

Bumping for Diana. Praying for answers for her family.

Where are you, Diana?

District Game Warden, Kim Bates, says they believe Estey went for a walk somewhere around her house and got lost. "There is a lot of areas that is very wooded behind her house, along some trails, that we have K-9 teams out as well as grid searchers."
I'm leaning more toward her wandering off and getting lost rather than foul play. I base that on the state of her home (no vandalism/nothing missing). It appears she wasn't robbed. However, if she happened to go walking in the woods on a hunting day without blaze orange, that is a recipe for disaster. Not saying that is what happened, it's just a possible scenario.

Source: Search continues for missing Medford woman

I don't think she met with foul play. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely, given our low crime rate.

I will say that 2 weeks prior her brother took her to the Dr. to be tested for Alzheimer's and dementia. She was not diagnosed with either of these. She then goes missing, the executor of her estate? Her brother who within a year of her disappearance sold her home in North Carolina (still in probate court to figure out if this is a legal sale)
The area around her home was extensively searched including the use of dogs. She was not located. Nothing missing in her home and vehicles in driveway. Who had motive? Her brother. Who was the only one who had visited or seen her? Yup her brother. I definitely think there is more to this then a simple fall on a walk.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dingltah
Back