ME ME - Hannah Parker Thomas, 15, Buckfield, may have travelled to New York, 16 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Here is a new missing person's case added to NamUs on August 30th, 2023.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP107712

Original.jpg
Hannah Parker Thomas
Female
White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact:
July 16, 2023
Missing From:
Buckfield, Maine
Missing Age: 15 Years
Current Age: 15 Years
Weight: 125 - 150 lbs
Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description:
Below shoulder length brown hair (this is dyed brown, her natural hair color is dirty blonde).
Eye Color: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features:
Linear scar on inside right elbow from a bicycle accident within last two years.

Clothing and Accessories:
Grey jeans, ripped at the knees. Grey ribbed top and grey zip up hoodie. Black or white converse high top sneakers.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Hannah was visiting a neighbor and left indicating she was going home. She did not return home. Her school had provided us with a list of phone numbers that had previously been found on her person. We contacted the numbers on the list and a man indicated that he picked her up in Buckfield, ME on 07/16/23 and drove her to New York City. He indicated that somewhere in Queens, she asked him to stop so she could use the bathroom and he reports Hannah did not return. He states that he then deleted her phone number, returned to Maine and has had no further contact with her. She did not have her phone (that we own) on the day of her disappearance, and it remains in our possession.

Last edited:

Her mother's message:
"Hannah, you are loved and wanted back home. Please reach out to anyone or contact us.”

Her mother's message:
"Hannah, you are loved and wanted back home. Please reach out to anyone or contact us.”
Scary for a 15- year old girl from Maine (or anywhere) to be all alone in NYC.

Has gone missing/runaway three times in the past year.

11/25/22, found 11/29/22, in Charlotte, NC

3/29/23, found 4/5/23, in Lewiston, ME, about 18 miles from Buckfield

5/11/23, found 5/25/23, no location given. It credits Buxton police, which is about 50 miles from Buckfield.

I have some general questions about that man who said she traveled with him to Queens before she ditched him. That is a 300-mile, seven-hour drive which would take a good part of the day. Not like 1-2 hours away or a quick hitchhike.

general thoughts
- she's been further away before
- however, she's always been found within a week or two
- I know it's pretty common to think this, but IMO she must be using a burner phone. I don't see how anyone could coordinate this without some kind of phone, or at least some kind of iPad or other communication device.

Not a good story.
I grew up not too terribly far from Buckfield and visit often. I have not heard of this case yet. The news stations that would cover my area are farther away than Buckfield.
So the school had numbers somehow. Perhaps she didn’t show for the first days and this is how this is being brought up?

Has gone missing/runaway three times in the past year.

11/25/22, found 11/29/22, in Charlotte, NC

3/29/23, found 4/5/23, in Lewiston, ME, about 18 miles from Buckfield

5/11/23, found 5/25/23, no location given. It credits Buxton police, which is about 50 miles from Buckfield.

Interesting to note, Hannah appears to head to different states nearly each time she runs away. Does she have family/friends in these places? I would presume she know someone, even if just an internet acquaintance, simply because of how hard it would be to head to unfamiliar states and somehow maintain some sort of existence on your own.

Regardless, I hope Hannah is found ASAP and that she can sit down with the adults in her life to address whatever is going on that is making her want to leave.

Interesting to note, Hannah appears to head to different states nearly each time she runs away. Does she have family/friends in these places? I would presume she know someone, even if just an internet acquaintance, simply because of how hard it would be to head to unfamiliar states and somehow maintain some sort of existence on your own.
(SBM) I'm not sure if we can conclude that. Twice she has been found within Maine, and once in North Carolina. (At least, which has been publicly disclosed.)

Also, the info about her possibly being in NYC is based on one person's story. I hope LE has put out an alert in NYC if the info is credible.

I wish I could offer/had some more insight. There was another recent missing person case (initials G.M.), same age (almost), living in Georgia, found three weeks later, in Arizona...

he picked her up in Buckfield, ME on 07/16/23 and drove her to New York City.

That is a 300-mile, seven-hour drive which would take a good part of the day. Not like 1-2 hours away or a quick hitchhike.

I would like to know what is his explanqtion why he was willing to do this? This guy has no life or job? He jumps when a minor calls for a drive? Or what kind of contact or relationship did they two have prior this action?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back