ME ME - Joseph Bichrest, 34, Shirley, 16 Oct 1976

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reaction score
Joseph J. Bichrest, 34, missing since October 1976 from Shirley, Piscataquis County, Maine.

Vital Statistics
Date of Birth: Circa 1942
Race: White / Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Facial Hair: Beard and mustache

Jeep Color: White and blue
License Plate: 550-212 State: Maine

Circumstances of Disappearance
NamUs & DoeNetwork
Bichrest was reported to be having marital and financial problems. He was being investigated by the local DA for theft, by the AG's Office for Bar Association complaints and had been borrowing large amounts of money and passing bad checks with overdrawn accounts. The IRS was investigating him for tax evasion. Bichrest had recently become despondent and making suicidal threats. He may have gone to the local DA during the weekend of his disappearance.

Maine State Police
Joseph Bichrest, formerly of Pennsylvania, was an attorney living in Greenville. In 1976, he disappeared, along with his jeep. Investigation revealed that a credit card in his name was used in Philadelphia two days after his disappearance. His jeep has never been found. Anonymous reports persist that he was murdered. Rumors that he and his jeep are in a quarry in Greenville abound, and several quarries have been searched over the years.

Greenville and Shirley are both towns in Piscataquis County, ME and they border each other so whether Bichrest went missing in Shirley or Greenville, it's roughly the same area

Maine State Police
(207) 973-3750

Sources
Maine State Police
DoeNetwork (4888DMME)
NamUs (MP19726)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics