Found Deceased ME - Kerry Rear, 40, Sanford, 22 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me too. From the link:

"Anyone who can identify the woman or have any information about her should call Area North SVU at 312 744-8266."

Someone wants to call?

Please do!

I wish there was a Missing FB for her......I'm sure that a friend or family could take a look at that pic and tell for sure.

Just created an account to chime in... someone on facebook called and said she was identified. Also, local news just released a new article. I'll grab the links and screen shots.

Welcome Sammys and thank you!

Not sure if any of that is helpful. I find it strange that the woman on Facebook says she's been "positively identified" but the local news is just reporting an update on the search.

Not sure if any of that is helpful. I find it strange that the woman on Facebook says she's been "positively identified" but the local news is just reporting an update on the search.

Can only mean the uid has been id'd as someone else, imo.

Wait. I'm not following. Was the woman in Chicago identified as Kerry?

Sorry I'm a newbie and should have made a seperate post - I added a couple pictures to my original post on page 3.

attachment.php
This is her hometown PD.

It seems to me if the dog tracked the scent to the middle of the road, a car pulled up to her. Whether she was thrown into the car or it was an acquaintance picking her up is anyone's guess.

Hopefully an ambulance!

I live in North Berwick. Here is the last update I have seen regarding Kerry.
(I don't do this very often so hopefully I'm not messing up my clip)
I'm trying to find the source but I read a facebook post yesterday that indicated the UID was confirmed to not be Kerry. I thought it was the Sanford PD facebook page but it seems to have disappeared.

WMTW News 8

SANFORD, Maine —Investigators announced Friday that they now believe that missing Sanford woman Kerry Rear may have been picked up by someone in a car. K-9 units followed Rear's scent for miles to Dover, New Hampshire.

Per Sanford PD's fb page:

"We have been receiving several messages and posts regarding the recovered unidentified female in Chicago. We have contacted CPD and have verified that it is not Kerry. Thank you."

The family is now also offering a 5k reward.

Per Sanford PD's fb page:

"We have been receiving several messages and posts regarding the recovered unidentified female in Chicago. We have contacted CPD and have verified that it is not Kerry. Thank you."

The family is now also offering a 5k reward.

Here is a link to the statement:

https://www.facebook.com/SanfordPD/...1328701583856934&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

Here is a link to the reward information:

https://www.facebook.com/SanfordPD/...4432.157462754314162/1328876410506118/?type=3

I live in North Berwick. Here is the last update I have seen regarding Kerry.
(I don't do this very often so hopefully I'm not messing up my clip)
I'm trying to find the source but I read a facebook post yesterday that indicated the UID was confirmed to not be Kerry. I thought it was the Sanford PD facebook page but it seems to have disappeared.

WMTW News 8

SANFORD, Maine —Investigators announced Friday that they now believe that missing Sanford woman Kerry Rear may have been picked up by someone in a car. K-9 units followed Rear's scent for miles to Dover, New Hampshire.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/san...acks-missing-woman-to-north-berwick/396760599

A lab named Quincy trained to detect specific human scents tracked Kerry Lear's trail from the convenience store where she was last seen on January 22nd to Dover, New Hampshire. Police believe she made several stops along the way including at a convenience store in Dover.

Sanford police plan on reviewing the surveillance footage from the security cameras after Quincy hit on Rear's scent in the Dunkin Donuts drive through behind the store. Her trail went on for a quarter of a mile but police had to suspend the search because of safety concerns.

Friday morning police retraced Rear's trail at this convenience store then Quincy followed her scent down Rte 4. The dog abruptly switched to the driver's lane his handler says Rear had been on foot but Quincy tracked it [to] a car.

The 12 year old lab then followed it through the Berwicks before stopping at this convenience store in Rollinsford. Quincy picked up Rear in the store and in the women's restroom but surveillance footage initially didn't turn up Rear, but police plan to review it in real time.

Police say they plan to focus their search in the Dover area and says Quincy's scent skills could be a game changer and potentially lead them to Rear.
__

GO QUINCY!! :loveyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly