Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It scares me to think she left on her own on a cold and rainy night. I hope that this isn't self harm, but seeing that they haven't found her yet, makes me wonder, could someone have kidnapped her? Saw her walking, offered her a ride home, and sadly did something else to her?

That's very rare here, Maine has a very low crime rate. Not saying it's not impossible, it can and does happen, just unlikely. However, we have our share of DV (not saying this is the case here) and folks getting lost/wandering off. This is the most likely of events in my opinion, but it's really too soon to tell.

This part has me scratching my head:

Westra had a full dinner on Sunday night but was having trouble falling asleep, Rohrbach said. Her husband believes that she got up around 3 a.m. to try sleeping in an empty room, but when he woke up, he "realized she wasn't there," Rohrbach said.

The bolded part doesn't seem odd at all to me. I often move to the guest bedroom if I can't sleep or if DH is snoring up a storm.

Thank you! The part of her sleeping in an "empty" room struck me as strange, too. If it was empty, how would she be able to sleep in there?

It is very possible that she woke him up, getting out of bed at that time, and he may have noticed the time and then fell back asleep. But the empty room part kind of bothers me for some reason- how would she sleep without a bed or sofa, blankets, etc?
Empty room and full dinner both seem like slightly odd details to me.

3am switch of rooms is not alarming, but it sure is convenient.

Also, did I read correctly husband drove to fire station to report her missing? Wouldn't you call 911? I know I would if I found my husband gone, but all his belongings at home. That would have me very concerned.

Moo

Does anyone know how far it is to the fire station from their house? The husband reported driving there to report her missing.

I thought this seemed really strange too. I have no idea what her actual address is but from the midpoint on Lufkin next to the gravel pit, it's through town and 1.8 miles. Why wouldn't he just call 911?

This part has me scratching my head:

Westra had a full dinner on Sunday night but was having trouble falling asleep, Rohrbach said. Her husband believes that she got up around 3 a.m. to try sleeping in an empty room, but when he woke up, he "realized she wasn't there," Rohrbach said.
This could be any night at my house. I'm up all hours of the night. My SO would be none the wiser if I left the house.

Thank you! The part of her sleeping in an "empty" room struck me as strange, too. If it was empty, how would she be able to sleep in there?

It is very possible that she woke him up, getting out of bed at that time, and he may have noticed the time and then fell back asleep. But the empty room part kind of bothers me for some reason- how would she sleep without a bed or sofa, blankets, etc?
By "empty", he likely meant unoccupied, not unfurnished. We have 5 bedrooms in our house and when it comes to in conversation, I say 4 of them are empty. But they all have beds, dressers, lamps, etc.

That interview is PAINFUL to watch. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it sounds like he “knows” as in maybe she was really having a hard time and he is trying not to vocalize his worst fear. Does that make sense?

ITA....his tone/affect is so measured....I wasn’t sure how to take it at first.

I agree it all sounds fishy, but I can tell you first hand that teachers are under an insane amount of pressure now. The demands are impossible and keep piling up. Mental health is a huge concern among educators. People can only take so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay