Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually respectfully snip longish posts for the sake of saving space but I couldn't bring myself to do it to your post.
The "tower jumpers" analogy is so appropriate in this case and a myriad of others that include reactions like "how could s/he do this to..... Fill in the blank. IMO.

And, I recall, in the aftermath of the towers falling, there were similar reactions to the" choice" to jump. I believe that in one case, a family preferred to believe that their loved one simply slipped and fell, perhaps feeling that their loved one's decision to escape the inescapable searing heat and smoke by jumping was somehow a cowardly act.

IMO, based on memories of the day and a documentary I watched about the subject. I think it was called The Falling Man.

Yes, there was also an analysis I read not too long ago that discussed the jumpers, and I believe in one case the 'decision' was made within 4 minutes of the plane impact. It was a discussion of intent vs fell vs collapse of parts of the building taking people with the collapse. There were around 200 people in those statistics.

As we can see in the case of the 9/11 jumpers there is still an element of taboo and judgment even in a known case of all hope was truly lost.

Even the resources specific to suicide loss only have so much to offer. And some of them are ideologically-based. I sincerely wish her family so much comfort, to the extent that anything can be comforting.

Yes, there was also an analysis I read not too long ago that discussed the jumpers, and I believe in one case the 'decision' was made within 4 minutes of the plane impact. It was a discussion of intent vs fell vs collapse of parts of the building taking people with the collapse. There were around 200 people in those statistics.

As we can see in the case of the 9/11 jumpers there is still an element of taboo and judgment even in a known case of all hope was truly lost.

Even the resources specific to suicide loss only have so much to offer. And some of them are ideologically-based. I sincerely wish her family so much comfort, to the extent that anything can be comforting.

If you listen to the 911 calls that have been released and interviews with people who were on the phone with someone trapped in the towers, those trapped could barely breathe and were burning up. It’s a serious shame for people to judge those victims for trying to escape that situation, even if they chose an escape method they knew they wouldn’t survive. They knew they weren’t going to survive if they stayed in the building anyway, why would anyone fault them for ending their suffering sooner rather than later? Those were acts of desperation. JMO

If anyone is interested, there is a documentary called "The Bridge" that deals with suicide from the perspective of those left behind. Be warned though, it is graphic (all having jumped from the Golden Gate). It delves pretty deeply into people who live with immense pain, and how families come to accept that their loved ones are finally at peace.

If anyone is interested, there is a documentary called "The Bridge" that deals with suicide from the perspective of those left behind. Be warned though, it is graphic (all having jumped from the Golden Gate). It delves pretty deeply into people who live with immense pain, and how families come to accept that their loved ones are finally at peace.

I watched that years ago and some of the images still haunt me. It was fascinating hearing from one of the rare survivors.

I do think that many 9/11 jumpers believed, or hoped to believe that the rumor of nets between the two buildings were true.

I’ve never heard about the rumor of nets. I lived in NJ at the time, and unfortunately lost loved ones and community members on 9/11. Never heard of nets though. I feel like that may be a stretched story told by people who want to justify why their loved ones chose to end their suffering on their own terms. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper