GUILTY ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"I spoke with two of Julio Carrillo's former coworkers Tuesday.

They told me that Carrillo told them Marissa died in October. The staff came together to help, taking up a collection for the family."

From the link above.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Omg I don't think I've ever seen a case where a parent told people the child died months before she actually died.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Article from yesterday (click on blue hyperlink to read and see video)

“You could tell something was wrong,” said Ethan Miele. “You shouldn’t be raising your voice at your kids for that prolonged period of time. I’m talking hours.”

A spokesperson for Maine DHHS said she cannot comment on the Marissa Kennedy case. “Records regarding child protective activities are confidential,” said Emily Spencer.

I'm all for confidentiality, but when it is used to keep an agency's actions a secret out of possibly being held accountable for inaction or not following procedure, then I have an issue. It should be transparent on the agency side, but they hide behind the cloak of the client's privacy to shield them from accountability. Sometimes I feel privacy is more for the agency.

An update to my previously posted article:

I'm thinking DHHS will take immediate custody of the baby when it's born.

Poor little baby. She is certainly having babies close together. Aren’t the other two children 1 and 2 years old? If she’s due in May, could she have found out she’s pregnant in October, triggering the torture of Marissa and claim she was dead for some unknown reason?

I don't know what can be done about it, but it appears that those who knew or suspected Marissa was being abused, reported that abuse to DHHS. The Bangor School Dept, the Bangor PD, and neighbors have all weighed, stating they notified DHHS of abuse, and yet this poor girl still died. Just how many reports to them does it take before they investigate and remove a child in danger? What is wrong with them?
They need to be held accountable, but I have no idea how to bring it about. As I see it, they, and only they, failed this little girl in a big way, apart from her parents.

From this article

Kennedy was a student at Fairmount School in Bangor during the 2016-2017 school year, according to Webb.
I can confirm that Marissa Kennedy was a student at the Fairmount School during the 2016-2017 school year. While Marissa was a student in Bangor, Bangor School Department administrators and teachers complied with all school policies and laws regarding the reporting of suspected abuse and neglect to the Maine Department of Health and Human Services. Therefore, on a number of occasions when our staff had a reason to report suspected abuse or neglect, staff made the necessary reports to DHHS, which is the state agency assigned the responsibility to investigate. Bangor School Department personnel also complied with School Department policy and laws addressing absenteeism and truancy of students. Although confidentiality restrictions prevent me from sharing the specific circumstances and actions taken by school staff, I am confident that our staff acted appropriately and always in the best interest of Marissa. This has been a difficult time for us and supports are in place for those needing assistance.​
She claimed administrators and teachers had reason to believe the abuse was occurring and took the “necessary steps” to report to DHHS.

Shall we have our own vigil for Marissa? We’ve done this on other threads and it is heartwarming to see WSers gather from all over.

I’m here with my candle in southern Oregon, thinking of Marissa. Please join me and say where you are (city of state or country or continent).

attachment.php

Attachments

• F8C086C5-E20F-46F7-994F-6A32026EB951.jpg
    F8C086C5-E20F-46F7-994F-6A32026EB951.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 526
Borndem -- Raleigh, NC, USA -- ... :heartbeat: ... :hug: ... :justice: ... :spring:

It is when I read cases like this that I have no problem in understanding why I prefer animals over humans.
And I am so sick of hearing over and over that DHHS dropped the ball. Hire more people and the people that are already there need to do their jobs. This is not only Maine but just about every state. Dropping the ball is NO excuse!!!
It just makes me sick. :tears:

It is when I read cases like this that I have no problem in understanding why I prefer animals over humans.
And I am so sick of hearing over and over that DHHS dropped the ball. Hire more people and the people that are already there need to do their jobs. This is not only Maine but just about every state. Dropping the ball is NO excuse!!!
It just makes me sick. :tears:

Same here -- I have never been nor have I ever known a case worker for DHHS/CPS/etc., but I would really like to know why this type of thing is so damm common in so many areas.
-- Are the laws so restrictive that a negative finding is nearly impossible to make?
-- Does DHHS mgmt. load up caseworkers with so many cases that they cannot spend enuff time to inspect, follow-up or write-up their findings sufficiently?
-- Is the pay so low that the job attracts and keeps only the less competent case workers? Is the attrition factor that large so as to lose promising workers?
-- Are DHHS case workers not trained well enuff to know that something bad is going on in a home?
-- Is it that the case work is so disturbing or near-impossible that they can't keep the good ones or that the good ones cannot do their jobs as they should?
-- Is the emphasis to leave the child with the family so strong that only the very worst cases are more closely investigated?

These are truly honest questions, and they are from someone who does not know enuff about it so I have asked them. Please know that I am not trying to be accusatory or insulting. I just don't understand how DHHS/CPS things work. We see this time after time, county after county, state after state, and dead child after dead child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC
Back