GUILTY ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just tried to search court dockets for Waldo County in Maine, and I can't find anything....

:gaah:

Anyone??

TIA! :wave:

Omg I don't think I've ever seen a case where a parent told people the child died months before she actually died.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Shades of Scott Peterson.

Just tried to search court dockets for Waldo County in Maine, and I can't find anything....

:gaah:

Anyone??

TIA! :wave:

I'm not surprised, Waldo County is very rural.

It is when I read cases like this that I have no problem in understanding why I prefer animals over humans.
And I am so sick of hearing over and over that DHHS dropped the ball. Hire more people and the people that are already there need to do their jobs. This is not only Maine but just about every state. Dropping the ball is NO excuse!!!
It just makes me sick. :tears:
Amen to that! I'm also following the Lucas case out of KS.
This poor girl. I have no words.:tantrum:

Same here -- I have never been nor have I ever known a case worker for DHHS/CPS/etc., but I would really like to know why this type of thing is so damm common in so many areas.
-- Are the laws so restrictive that a negative finding is nearly impossible to make?
-- Does DHHS mgmt. load up caseworkers with so many cases that they cannot spend enuff time to inspect, follow-up or write-up their findings sufficiently?
-- Is the pay so low that the job attracts and keeps only the less competent case workers? Is the attrition factor that large so as to lose promising workers?
-- Are DHHS case workers not trained well enuff to know that something bad is going on in a home?
-- Is it that the case work is so disturbing or near-impossible that they can't keep the good ones or that the good ones cannot do their jobs as they should?
-- Is the emphasis to leave the child with the family so strong that only the very worst cases are more closely investigated?

These are truly honest questions, and they are from someone who does not know enuff about it so I have asked them. Please know that I am not trying to be accusatory or insulting. I just don't understand how DHHS/CPS things work. We see this time after time, county after county, state after state, and dead child after dead child.

All excellent questions borndem but will there ever be any answers to them? The only answer I ever see when they give one is "duh the ball was dropped".

Nothing is being said about her bio father. And I wonder if the other two are the psycho stepdads? Ohhhh and lets not forget she is pregnant with another one!

And Mommy is experiencing abuse in prison? How about Julio, I wonder how that slime bag is faring. I am delighted with that news.
They should just dump her in the middle of the Northeast Kingdom and tell her she is on her own. I bet she will be moved today to ensure her safety.

Mother’s intellectual disabilities cast doubt on her role in daughter’s slaying, attorney says
https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03...-her-role-in-daughters-slaying-attorney-says/

The woman accused of killing her 10-year-old daughter in Stockton Springs has significant intellectual disabilities that call into question her alleged role in the girl’s beating death and the validity of admissions she allegedly made to police, the woman’s lawyer said Monday.
[.....]
MacLean said that after he receives the discovery information from prosecutors, he plans to file a motion in court requesting a re-evaluation of Sharon Carrillo’s $500,000 bail, and may also seek to challenge the murder charge against her.

This article does mention that LE has no idea "who" Marissa's father is.

And of course they don't give a date of next hearing.... :waiting:

From an article from today (click on hyperlink).

Also in the article:
Attorney Chris MacLean is requesting a bail hearing be set for his client before her next court appearance scheduled at the end of April.

So, sometime at the end of April.

Article containing interview with Marissa's grandfather (click hyper link)
It appears she grew up in New York, where her body is being returned for burial.
I'm wondering if there are records from DHHS from that state that might predate the mother's marriage to Carrillo.

ETA: I figured out the grandfather's relationship (maternal) to Marissa after reading the article a 3rd time, not sure how I missed it the first two.

More in depth article with the grandfather. It appears Marissa lived with her grandparents for seven years, sounds like it may have been without her mother? It's really vague. I wonder how long the Carillos have been in Maine?

Some people have reached out to NEWS CENTER Maine asking where they can send money raised through Go Fund Me or through other fundraising efforts to help with Marissa's burial or to go toward the needs of her family, but Kennedy asked that any money raised in Marissa's name be donated to organizations that respond to and prevent child abuse.

More in depth article with the grandfather. It appears Marissa lived with her grandparents for seven years, sounds like it may have been without her mother? It's really vague. I wonder how long the Carillos have been in Maine?

Thanks for posting the links. This one didn’t work for me, can you maybe try reposting?

I’m not sure this is allowed, is Ellen DeGeneres considered MSM?

I’m wearing navy blue today in honor of this beautiful girl who should be playing with her friends or reading a wonderful book right now and all of the other amazing babies gone too soon at the hands of adults who should have cherished and nurtured them[emoji174]

https://www.facebook.com/ellentv/posts/10156452726987240

4d8307ef5950340a42be2aa61b6004fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone could alert my post above so a mod can approve or remove it I’d appreciate it. I’m on mobile and it won’t let me alert or edit the post.

If someone could alert my post above so a mod can approve or remove it I’d appreciate it. I’m on mobile and it won’t let me alert or edit the post.

I think this meme should be okay.

Same here -- I have never been nor have I ever known a case worker for DHHS/CPS/etc., but I would really like to know why this type of thing is so damm common in so many areas.
-- Are the laws so restrictive that a negative finding is nearly impossible to make?
-- Does DHHS mgmt. load up caseworkers with so many cases that they cannot spend enuff time to inspect, follow-up or write-up their findings sufficiently?
-- Is the pay so low that the job attracts and keeps only the less competent case workers? Is the attrition factor that large so as to lose promising workers?
-- Are DHHS case workers not trained well enuff to know that something bad is going on in a home?
-- Is it that the case work is so disturbing or near-impossible that they can't keep the good ones or that the good ones cannot do their jobs as they should?
-- Is the emphasis to leave the child with the family so strong that only the very worst cases are more closely investigated?

These are truly honest questions, and they are from someone who does not know enuff about it so I have asked them. Please know that I am not trying to be accusatory or insulting. I just don't understand how DHHS/CPS things work. We see this time after time, county after county, state after state, and dead child after dead child.

CPS/DFCS staff are routinely overloaded with cases and underpaid. There are requirements to see each child/family frequently. If your caseload is 40-50 cases that requires working many nights and weekends. In addition there are new reports every day that must be managed within a certain time frame. Rather than visualizing the staff as not doing their jobs or uninspired, most workers go overboard and contribute their own money and resources to see that needs are met. It's an overwhelming job with too many cases, too few workers, constant staff turnover, very low pay, and set up to fail. Please keep in mind that a Judge must sign an order for children to be removed. Sometimes they won't.

CPS/DFCS staff are routinely overloaded with cases and underpaid. There are requirements to see each child/family frequently. If your caseload is 40-50 cases that requires working many nights and weekends. In addition there are new reports every day that must be managed within a certain time frame. Rather than visualizing the staff as not doing their jobs or uninspired, most workers go overboard and contribute their own money and resources to see that needs are met. It's an overwhelming job with too many cases, too few workers, constant staff turnover, very low pay, and set up to fail. Please keep in mind that a Judge must sign an order for children to be removed. Sometimes they won't.

It's obvious, to me, anyway, that someone, or some policy, or some stupid paperwork got lost, or the system, SOMETHING associated within this agency/process got messed up and DHHS needs to be accountable. Then, it needs to be fixed.

Man accused of beating stepdaughter to death is assaulted in jail
https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03...-step-daughter-to-death-is-assaulted-in-jail/

Julio Carrillo, 51, was assaulted Saturday by another inmate, who now faces two misdemeanor charges for the alleged confrontation.

Julio Carrillo, 51, was assaulted Saturday in the facility’s maximum security unit, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Detective Ron Rollins said. He refused to say how the men came into contact, but said no weapons were involved.
[.....]
Carrillo was transported to Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick where he was treated for minor, non-life threatening injuries before he was returned to the jail.

Man accused of beating stepdaughter to death is assaulted in jail
https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03...-step-daughter-to-death-is-assaulted-in-jail/

Julio Carrillo, 51, was assaulted Saturday by another inmate, who now faces two misdemeanor charges for the alleged confrontation.

Julio Carrillo, 51, was assaulted Saturday in the facility’s maximum security unit, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Detective Ron Rollins said. He refused to say how the men came into contact, but said no weapons were involved.
[.....]
Carrillo was transported to Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick where he was treated for minor, non-life threatening injuries before he was returned to the jail.

...sigh...
Somebody needs to do a better job beating this guy up.
I just read through these articles, and that's where I've landed.

I am so sick reading this, this poor girl, my god.
And I am geniunely dumbfounded that the very first article has details supplied by these people about what they did to her. I've never seen anything like that before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC
Back