GUILTY ME - Nichole Cable, 15, Glenburn, 12 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She disappeared from her driveway around 9pm and texted a friend at 918pm, then her phone was turned off apparently after that.

This is all on the family's fb and I believe I saw something about the text in MSM as well. Her family is very active personally on the FB page and are trying to help explain things but there is definitely information that isn't being shared, I'm sure. The FBI has been involved from almost the start. But I mean, she's been gone since Mother's Day. This is WAY too long. :(

But she left with a person she claimed to not know and her mother said, "Okay, dear, have fun!?" Or "You are not going" and she broke running for the car and Mom could not catch her. It is like determined to be in danger. I do not understand.

http://www.wmtw.com/news/trial-to-start-for-maine-man-in-alleged-social-media-slaying/31415298

The trial of a Maine man accused of using Facebook to lure a teenager to her death got underway in a Bangor courtroom Monday morning...

During opening statements, the prosecution said investigators tracked a fake Facebook account to Dube's computer, and found he had logged in more than 100 times on his cellphone.

A face mask found hear Cable's home is one of several pieces of evidence the state says it plans to use. "It was tested and it came back as Kyle Dube's DNA and only his DNA," said Don Macomber, assistant attorney general. A sock with both Cable and Dube's DNA on it was also presented in the case.

Thank you Okie and others for the updates. It is good to see this case finally come to court and in public media. This is one of the earliest cases that brought me here. It remains a chilling example of the dangers of social media with predators stalking and killing our children.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/02/...re-nichole-cable-from-home-to-accused-killer/

Beaulieu also said that he traced a Facebook account using the name Bryan Butterfield and an AOL email account using that name to a computer at Dube’s home.

Facebook chats between Butterfield and Cable on the afternoon of May 12, 2013, the day the victim disappeared, were shown to the jury. They included plans for the two to meet to smoke marijuana and directions to Cable’s mother’s house in Glenburn.

The chats ended at 9:18 p.m., Beaulieu told the jury. There was no communication on Facebook or email after that. The Facebook account for Bryan Butterfield was deactivated on May 13, 2013... The detective testified that both accounts were accessed by a cellphone owned by Dube.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/02/...und-in-old-town-woods-covered-in-leaves-dirt/

A Maine Warden Service lieutenant testified Thursday at the murder trial of Kyle Dube that he discovered Nichole Cable’s body covered in leaves, dirt and branches on May 20, 2013, in a wooded area near Gilman Falls in Old Town.

Daniel Scott said he was called at about 9 p.m. to assist in the search for Cable... he brought his retired certified cadaver dog, Roxie, to assist in the search.

He took the dog down a trail toward the “backwater area,” and Scott said “[Roxie] took off a dead run… down the trail.” About 25 yards before he could see the water, the dog veered off the trail and into the woods. “She went to a berm of earth and laid down,” Scott testified. “That was the indicator that a cadaver had been found.”

Thank you Okie! I really appreciate the updates.

Thank you Roxie! These dogs are just amazing. If not for her, we might not have answers today.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/loc...e-dube-nichole-cable-facebook-trial/24251949/

The second week of testimony in the Kyle Dube murder and kidnapping trial is underway with two key witnesses, a forensic DNA analyst and Dube's ex-girlfriend testifying Monday...

After a short recess, the testimonies resumed with Sarah Mersinger, who the defense wanted to name as an alternative suspect in the case. Mersinger testified that she had found out via a text that Cable and Dube had slept together while Mersinger was dating Dube...

The day Cable did not appear at school, Mersinger said she made comments showing she didn't care care Cable disappeared. She said she made the remarks because she found out Cable and Dube's relationship and was angry... She also said she used Dube's phone after discovering their relationship in order to log into Dube's Facebook and read messages between him and Cable.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/main...le-asked-accused-killer-fatal-meeting/1663509

On the seventh day of Dube’s trial before a jury of eight men and seven women, including three alternates, Willette went through a series of messages between the phones. He also testified about a phone call and text messages between Dube’s phone and the phone used by his then-girlfriend Sarah Mersinger.

Cable was to meet Butterfield at the end of her road in Glenburn. He told her they would smoke some marijuana and “hang out” for a few minutes. Cable told Dube she was meeting Butterfield. In her last exchange with Dube at 9:20 p.m. May 12, 2013, she texted: “Is it weird to be a little scared?” He replied: “No. I wouldn’t be”...

Defense attorneys Stephen Smith of Augusta and Wendy Hatch of Waterville have maintained that Mersinger, not Dube, was using his phone on May 12, 2013.

http://thegardenisland.com/news/nat...cle_f914a0bc-6154-5632-8ba9-54f04530051e.html

David Tenney, who was in jail with Dube, said Dube told him Nichole "needed to be killed," WABI-TV reported. Another, Kyle Ellis, said Dube told him, "I choked a girl" and "tried to make it look like I was helping her."

The jury also listened to a police interview with Dube from May 16, 2013, after Nichole disappeared but before her body was discovered. Dube said in the interview that Nichole wanted him to stop seeing his girlfriend and "wanted a serious relationship with him." The girlfriend has testified that Dube confessed the killing to her and that Dube told her he covered up Nichole's body with leaves and sticks "so they couldn't see her from the sky."

Maine man who lured teen to death being sentenced

A Maine man who used a phony Facebook profile to lure a teenage girl to her death is in court for sentencing.

A jury convicted 22-year-old Kyle Dube of Orono in March of kidnapping and murder. A prosecutor told the judge Friday that he abducted the victim, Nichole Cable, to have sex with her. He told others that he intended to kidnap her and then become a hero by returning to rescue her.

Last night on ID they ran Nichole's story on " Web of Lies" if anyone wants to look for it.

Are we sure they are predators?
Many loved ones are often responsible!

We are always so fast to jump on the local sex offender when it could very well be someone else.

Just a thought!

They have a FB person no one can prove exists. poof!
Like a zany the nanny or the camo man.

Just re reading this thread today after the show last night. With all due respect, any person posing as another to lure and kill a child , is a predator in my book. Whether that is RSO, dad, uncle, preacher, friend, friend's girlfriend, etc. , it is a predator and a monster! Mooo

March 2016:

Attorneys for Kyle Dube, 22, of Orono have argued that Superior Court Justice Ann Murray erred by permitting lay witnesses to testify that a confession describing the victim’s death was in Dube’s handwriting, and failed to intervene when the prosecutor, in closing argument, repeatedly urged the jury to use “common sense.”

Dube is seeking a new trial.

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/03/02/news/bangor/nichole-cables-killer-kyle-dube-seeks-new-trial/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP
Back