Media Coverage/Reports~DISCUSSION~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even though this case was not on NG last night, Natisha and the other girl with the long dark hair was there, I spoke with Natisha and she said NG is going to follow this case until it is solved. Apparently, NG thought CA&GA depo's were more important. The only news trucks I saw there were from JAX and first? news.

TN said NG has treated the family members wonderful......
I was at the sheriff's office yesterday and they assured me they are following up one every tip that comes in.........

I asked Natisha was she familiar with WS and she said she heard of it and I told her she should read it. This site has many more updated "BOMBSHELLS" for NG than the people she has on her show. I also told her she should have all calls screened and if they are not WS'ers.....do not air their ridiculous questions because they are a waste of time.

:clap::applause::bowdown: That is Great! thanks for going and the update chesterp. Praying for Haleigh

ETA: Found this article with a few quotes from the Capt: Please disregard if already posted http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29408187/

Yeah I'm sure it's hard on everyone....but I want to know if LE told him not to talk to the media.

I believe after the GR debacle the other day, it was generally agreed that RC would no longer make any more comments or answer questions to the media other than to plead for his daughter's return. That would be a wise decision IMO

Yeah I'm sure it's hard on everyone....but I want to know if LE told him not to talk to the media.

Not directly from RC and consider the source, but Ron's sister Crystal called into JVM last night and she said she wanted to speak up for Ron because they have told him not to talk to anyone anymore. When she said "they" she then said "the detectives."

Media can only run with a story so long without any new news, and they live and die by ratings...if the ratings are low, they won't carry the story. Also, this entire family is not a very sympathetic group, so maybe the American public isn't identifying with them so much. The Caylee case caught on with the American public for a wide variety of reasons, but unfortunately I don't think this one has as much.

I've followed alot of cases and it's always fascinating which ones the public will attach themselves to and which ones won't. Of course every missing child is deserving, but, as we know, most of them never get any media attention at all.

There is a new link in today's media thread that reports that the LE is searching again today with search dogs. This search is reported to not be a result of a lead.

We know that they have used search dogs before (air scent or trail dogs) to track Haleigh's scent. I wonder if they are using cadaver dogs today?

yes they are..
SATSUMA, Fla. - Several teams of dogs specially trained to find human remains were to spend Thursday searching the area around the mobile home where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared Feb. 10, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office announced.

A canine team from a non-law-enforcement group called Canine South was brought in to conduct the search "to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for Haleigh."

Putnam County Capt. Dick Schauland said the search was not prompted by any specific leads, "but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases."

<snipped> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29408187/

LE has to be keeping the media out of this for a reason. They must not need to keep Haleigh's information out there, IMO, or they would be doing so. This tells me they've got their leads and all they need now is to find Haleigh. They have consistently centered on areas close to the home.

MOO, from using statement analysis techniques-- I believe Misty and Ron are more than likely the center of this investigation.

More about statement analysis here:

http://www.crimeandclues.com/oct964.htm

and here:

http://www.statementanalysis.com/

That is very interesting Indigo. In fact with the few facts we have in the case it might be fun and interesting to subject the interviews that Misty has given media to the techniques in that article.

I know that it would be completely unreliable, unscientific but might be fun to see what we come up with:)

As I read the article I saw immediately:

1. Extraneous Information (as you pointed out also in another post)

2. Lack Of Conviction :
"investigators should note if the person feigns a loss of memory by repeatedly inserting "I don't remember" or "I can't recall." They also should look to see if the person hedges during the narrative by using such phrases as "I think," "I believe," "to the best of my knowledge," or "kind of." These phrases, also called qualifiers, serve to temper the action about to be described, thereby discounting the message before it even is transmitted.
Clearly, the person giving the statement is avoiding commitment, and warning bells should ring in the investigator's ears"She not only changes her story as she speaks to media, she does so in a manner we cannot consider consistant with how others do so when they are telling and retelling an acccurate story, instead of adding embellishments as she remembers them through the retelling. She changes the facts of the story significantly

3. Balance Of The Statement :

"Statements should be more than just a series of details. They need to sound like an account of the event. A truthful statement has three parts. The first part details what was going on before the event occurred; it places the event in context. The second part describes the occurrence itself, i.e., what happened during the theft, the rape, the fire, etc. The last part tells what occurred after the event, including actions and emotions, and should be at least as long as the first part. The more balanced the three parts of the statement, the greater the probability that the statement is true."We have talked about her uneveness of her story many many times. Lots of extranous info up front, tells what happened after the event. But no information of the event

She also shifts her pronouns and and I would be interested to go back and see where she does so. Could be a regional language issue or it could fall in line with what is outlined in those articles.

Very interesting thank you Indigo!

Even though this case was not on NG last night, Natisha and the other girl with the long dark hair was there, I spoke with Natisha and she said NG is going to follow this case until it is solved. Apparently, NG thought CA&GA depo's were more important. The only news trucks I saw there were from JAX and first? news.

TN said NG has treated the family members wonderful......
I was at the sheriff's office yesterday and they assured me they are following up one every tip that comes in.........

I asked Natisha was she familiar with WS and she said she heard of it and I told her she should read it. This site has many more updated "BOMBSHELLS" for NG than the people she has on her show. I also told her she should have all calls screened and if they are not WS'ers.....do not air their ridiculous questions because they are a waste of time.

Thanks for the update chesterp! Let's hope JVM or NG does some coverage of this case today or tomorrow. It's important to keep it in the news.

LE has to be keeping the media out of this for a reason. They must not need to keep Haleigh's information out there, IMO, or they would be doing so. This tells me they've got their leads and all they need now is to find Haleigh. They have consistently centered on areas close to the home.

MOO, from using statement analysis techniques-- I believe Misty and Ron are more than likely the center of this investigation.

More about statement analysis here:

http://www.crimeandclues.com/oct964.htm

and here:

http://www.statementanalysis.com/

I find the information here really interesting, too! Has anyone seen the website by a woman who uses these techniques and has analyzed some of the video clips from this case (as well as many other cases)? I'm being vague here because I'm not sure if it's ok to post the link, but if it's ok I'd be happy to do so. I'm guessing people have seen it but that maybe it's not ok to talk about it on this forum.

From looking at the amount of posts you have so far kmh can you give me a hint on how to google this lady? If I have time before I sign off today, I'll PM a mod and ask them if it's okay to post it for you.

ETA: there are a number of posts that must be made before certain privledges are extended. Such as PM (private message)

From looking at the amount of posts you have so far kmh can you give me a hint on how to google this lady? If I have time before I sign off today, I'll PM a mod and ask them if it's okay to post it for you.

ETA: there are a number of posts that must be made before certain privledges are extended. Such as PM (private message)

Kat -- thank you for the welcome (on the other thread) and for the info on what's appropriate to post and what's not. You could search for the woman's blog who claims to have the ability to see lies. Very interesting stuff.

I find the information here really interesting, too! Has anyone seen the website by a woman who uses these techniques and has analyzed some of the video clips from this case (as well as many other cases)? I'm being vague here because I'm not sure if it's ok to post the link, but if it's ok I'd be happy to do so. I'm guessing people have seen it but that maybe it's not ok to talk about it on this forum.

Is it the eyes website?

CNN Headline News had a brief update on the case showing the cadaver dogs searching. It was stated that MC was being questioned again today, and that Haleigh's grandmother (didn't specifiy which one) continues to believe Haleigh is still alive.

The commentator said that NG will be covering this case tonight.

Edited to add that CNN Headline News did another update and this time showed brief footage of TN, who stated that MC loved those children like her own, and she trusts her. She state that it doesn't matter how many times they question MC or anyone if it helps find Haleigh.

According to TN, RC at this point is in no shape to talk to anyone, and after seeing him yesterday, I do not see how he even functions.

Chesterp I think that it's awesome of you to take time out to go and speak with the family members etc.! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and insight with us. It is actually what I had expected to hear.

In reference to the todays links for media.

I'm :waitasec: on the report that LE is following a tip on a doorbell?

In reference to the todays links for media.

I'm :waitasec: on the report that LE is following a tip on a doorbell?

I wonder if it was a doorbell someone heard....or a ring tone?

I wonder if it was a doorbell someone heard....or a ring tone?

It was described in the article as a "grandfather clock sound" do they make ringtones that sound like that? I dunno...I don't have a cell. Out of sheer stubborness/antisocical tendencies I might add :D JK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back