Media Coverage/Reports~DISCUSSION~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How sad. Poor Haleigh. Why won't LE just give a little info? I don't get it. It's been 3 weeks now and nobody has anything...it's frustrating.

I agree Tichad3. I have gone back and forth about why I think that LE is giving absolutely no information whatsoever. I was thinking it was because they knew who the suspect was and that they would be going to get Haleigh soon.

Today and Yesterday, I am thinking LE has no clue. I do have the utmost respect for LE, but I'm not liking this scene lately.

There is a new link in today's media thread that reports that the LE is searching again today with search dogs. This search is reported to not be a result of a lead.

We know that they have used search dogs before (air scent or trail dogs) to track Haleigh's scent. I wonder if they are using cadaver dogs today?

Media has kind of dropped the ball on this one, IMO. There are so many newsworthy angles to this story that have been glossed over. [Don't even get me started about Ch Reynolds.]
On a brighter note, PCSO is not used to the glare of the media. Maybe once the spotlight is gone, they can get down to business and solve this case.

Media has kind of dropped the ball on this one, IMO. There are so many newsworthy angles to this story that have been glossed over. [Don't even get me started about Ch Reynolds.]
On a brighter note, PCSO is not used to the glare of the media. Maybe once the spotlight is gone, they can get down to business and solve this case.
I was thinking maye the local Sheriff's office doesnt have a clue either, and then I remembered this sheriff was just sworn in, so maybe he wants to do right by his constituents and solve this case. he won by a landslide, I'd bet they have an idea or three, but want to get it right. How good would he look if he could solve this case? Maybe being tight lipped is his strategy.....I hope so

Or maybe once the spotlight is gone, Haleigh can be returned.

Or mabe once the spotlight is gone, Ron or Crystal can go get her--if they do know where she is.

The alternative makes me too sad.....

No updated info, no protestors, No hammers, no waterhoses sprayin, no Sunshine Law revalations! Yeah we got so spoiled. The media isnt going to hang around and wait for info. So who is behind the scenes digging for clues? I know LE is....but is that enough for right now? Do they have enough resources on hand?

I'll agree that the local LE isnt used to the glare.....but I also wonder if it's more that they dont like it and wont put up with a circus? Or is this case actually more involved than we think? Hmmmm? No one cleared difinitively yet? Thats a tough one to judge.

I know several cases in my state where, the same thing happened, only a lot sooner than 2 weeks....2 year old middle eastern child. Nothing about her in the local news in weeks!

Well, at least we are determined to keep this alive....we can all do a little something

LE has to be keeping the media out of this for a reason. They must not need to keep Haleigh's information out there, IMO, or they would be doing so. This tells me they've got their leads and all they need now is to find Haleigh. They have consistently centered on areas close to the home.

MOO, from using statement analysis techniques-- I believe Misty and Ron are more than likely the center of this investigation.

More about statement analysis here:

http://www.crimeandclues.com/oct964.htm

and here:

http://www.statementanalysis.com/

Maybe the people with "sources" need to leak their information to the media so they have something to work with since LE doesn't want to talk to them.

It doesn't surprise me the media is going to pull out of this one. I think what the Sheriff said about the next story being the recovery of Haleigh is all they are going to report.

Is it a smart move on their part? I guess time will tell. Crystal's account of Rj seeing someone and putting her son in possible jeopardy probably did not set well with LE. When they told Ronald not to talk to media...he stopped.

2000 tips and false sightings across the country do nothing to bring Haleigh home if they are not direct knowledge leads. It only ties up their resources and time to track down useless garbage. People need to learn to stop bombarding LE with theories and speculation when a case needs to focus on specifics only, imo. I bet out of those 2000 tips...no more than 50-75 are local and have a real connection to people involved.

As much as I hate to say it, 2 weeks in the news is pretty good. In the time that Haleigh was in the news, hundreds more people ran away, were killed, taken by non custodial parents or simply walked away from their lives and families. Many of them never registered a blip on the radar screen and never will.

So, 2 weeks is almost more than can be hoped for and without the family situation, beautiful smile and disability, she wouldn't even have gotten that. IMO.

Even though this case was not on NG last night, Natisha and the other girl with the long dark hair was there, I spoke with Natisha and she said NG is going to follow this case until it is solved. Apparently, NG thought CA&GA depo's were more important. The only news trucks I saw there were from JAX and first? news.

TN said NG has treated the family members wonderful......
I was at the sheriff's office yesterday and they assured me they are following up one every tip that comes in.........

I asked Natisha was she familiar with WS and she said she heard of it and I told her she should read it. This site has many more updated "BOMBSHELLS" for NG than the people she has on her show. I also told her she should have all calls screened and if they are not WS'ers.....do not air their ridiculous questions because they are a waste of time.

When did LE tell Ron to stop talking to the media. Or was it something like "Well if you quit talking to them things like Geraldo won't happen".

I was thinking maye the local Sheriff's office doesnt have a clue either, and then I remembered this sheriff was just sworn in, so maybe he wants to do right by his constituents and solve this case. he won by a landslide, I'd bet they have an idea or three, but want to get it right. How good would he look if he could solve this case? Maybe being tight lipped is his strategy.....I hope so

I think he's probably scared to death that one misstep is going to blow the case and/or cause death or injury of Haleigh. Gotta feel sorry for the guy, almost.

LE has to be keeping the media out of this for a reason. They must not need to keep Haleigh's information out there, IMO, or they would be doing so. This tells me they've got their leads and all they need now is to find Haleigh. They have consistently centered on areas close to the home.

MOO, from using statement analysis techniques-- I believe Misty and Ron are more than likely the center of this investigation.

More about statement analysis here:

http://www.crimeandclues.com/oct964.htm

and here:

http://www.statementanalysis.com/

Thanks for the links Indigo...very interesting information, saved it, will study:)

I have not followed enough missing persons cases, to be able to say if LE clamming up and the Press leaving are a good thing or not. I just hope and pray LE knows what the deal is, and they got their eyes on the right person/people.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I am pretty sure that NG and other media has more than "heard of" WS.

When did LE tell Ron to stop talking to the media. Or was it something like "Well if you quit talking to them things like Geraldo won't happen".

According to TN, RC at this point is in no shape to talk to anyone, and after seeing him yesterday, I do not see how he even functions.

According to TN, RC at this point is in no shape to talk to anyone, and after seeing him yesterday, I do not see how he even functions.

Yeah I'm sure it's hard on everyone....but I want to know if LE told him not to talk to the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back