UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He told the handful of lawmakers on the Legislature's Child Welfare Legislative Oversight Panel he had been manipulated and misled by his wife and Hildebrandt and that he "was selfish, narcissistic, enabling to my children, lustful, and a significant danger to my family."

rsbbm

This toxic, unhealthy obsession with sex is the root of a lot of their destructive behavior, including with Vallow Daybell. moo

When the daughter was more concerned about her own siblings than the father it sums up what a awful father he is.

Let’s not forget the years of 8Passengers where he enabled her to emotionally neglect and abuse the kids for views and money.

Moo

Do you know what the $ amount was? I realize it is subjective from blog to blog but I’m curious what they were selling their souls for.

Do you know what the $ amount was? I realize it is subjective from blog to blog but I’m curious what they were selling their souls for.
Fifteen minutes of fame.

But this Mirror article has some numbers, if you trust the Mirror.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) — Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt — the YouTube vlogger and therapist who pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse in December — will have their first parole hearing in December 2026, according to court documents signed Sunday.
[snip]
While the exact date and time of the hearings will be decided later on, parole officials said they will take place in December of 2026.
https://www.abc4.com/news/8-passeng...ing-scheduled-for-2026-heres-what-that-means/

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) — Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt — the YouTube vlogger and therapist who pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse in December — will have their first parole hearing in December 2026, according to court documents signed Sunday.
[snip]
While the exact date and time of the hearings will be decided later on, parole officials said they will take place in December of 2026.
https://www.abc4.com/news/8-passeng...ing-scheduled-for-2026-heres-what-that-means/
I mean, the later the better.

“I saw the trailer suddenly in class and had an anxiety attack," Shari wrote. She then claimed, "None of us were contacted about the movie. None of the proceeds are going to the kids,” referring to herself and her five siblings.

“This movie is trash, and only hurts my siblings more,” Shari continued, before she asked her followers, “Please do not support this movie.”

I have a different take on the Lifetime movie.
Down the line when the minor children get older the movie may help them understand better all the characters involved, including their father on how they all enabled R&J.
I've heard Kevin and RF's sisters all claim innocence,the sisters claiming they did report yet I've yet to read any confirmation on those claims and IIRC: Shari picked up with her aunts and her father after R&J were arrested?
IMO:
Kevin's recordings with Ruby when she was in jail still enabling her abusive behavior is all that needs to be said.

while I get that the Lifetime movie may be triggering to Shari, it was a big story and captured a nation's attention. There is no way to stop others from exploiting that story in a capitalistic free market society MOO.

I will probably watch it. JS

while I get that the Lifetime movie may be triggering to Shari, it was a big story and captured a nation's attention. There is no way to stop others from exploiting that story in a capitalistic free market society MOO.

I don't consider Lifetime making a movie about it as exploiting in the negative sense.
There are so many lessons to be learned across the board on how adults abuse and other adults enable that abuse of children all in the name of God and got away with it for years.

I don't consider Lifetime making a movie about it as exploiting in the negative sense.
There are so many lessons to be learned across the board on how adults abuse and other adults enable the abuse of children all in the name of God and got away with it for years.
By exploiting I meant to make a movie about the family's life and story without their agreement, input or participation. I get that Shari feels as if they should receive compensation for the use of her and her siblings' story. But that isn't how things work. Movies will be made about it. I doubt Lifetime's will be the only one. She may not like or appreciate that but it simply is how the world works.

By exploiting I meant to make a movie about the family's life and story without their agreement, input or participation. I get that Shari feels as if they should receive compensation for the use of her and her siblings' story. But that isn't how things work. Movies will be made about it. I doubt Lifetime's will be the only one. She may not like or appreciate that but it simply is how the world works.
IMO:
Then that kind of exploiting worked to viewers advantage if Lifetime is known for accuracy when making these types of movies.
I don't have the answer to that.
If they are then it should be much closer to the truth had Kevin, relatives and close friends been involved in its production.

Anyone have current info on the oldest Franke boy?
I remember he had been active online after the arrests.

I

I agree. Unfortunately, it’s just one more thing for which her mom is to blame.

Yes, on the military base idea. Actually, same architecture as medieval bastions: much more elaborate than a frontier fort. This is all purposeful. You even get funneled through a narrow passageway (note how LE can't go into that space en masse) to get to the absurd big slab of a front door, substantially of metal, intimidating. Clanging behind you. Standard castle architecture. This is to prevent armies sending in a horde: you can only fit single file, and you are vulnerable to being shot from above. Jodi’s approach is vulnerable to a marksman standing on the roofline (e.g. above the spot where Jodi stood when her house was being searched).
She even has an arrow motif going. The inside is deliberately labyrinthine: standard century-old architecture in towns susceptible to pirates, cf Mykonos and Santorini in Greece, as well as many medieval towns. This layout deliberately confuses invaders. Note: LE has to have a map of the building (spread out on the kitchen counter) to proceed with the search.

And the layers of dungeon-y spaces below ground, in an place where basements are a NO….

Perhaps other houses in Jodi’s neighborhood are similar and this is just an HOA style? The answer is NO. Consider the child could easily approach the front doors. The house of the folks who helped him had a porch with chairs: that’s the exact opposite of Jodi’s monstrosity.

What do you want to bet Jodi’s bedroom had bulletproof windows?
Really good summary of the psychology of the house. Presumably Jodi had it built to order?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back