Media Exposure - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent a note to Missing Pieces through their website, thanking them for their wonderful program and their interest in Anna's case.

You did great Doogie!! Btw, you have a great radio voice.
I have everything crossed that this brings in the info we have
been looking for.

mjak

The show was great tonight. Doogie, as usual, you handled everything so well. This is the year we will find Anna. I just feel it. So much has happened.

Good night all.

ok i missed the show beacuse i dont have a sound card yet for the new computer and have asked my brother a zillion times to get it for me. is there going to be a written transcript online for those who didnt get to hear it? yeah i think oprah needs to be contacted to do a story on her

ok just checked out the website and they are going to have audio and text verson archive comming soon for those of us who missed it

Dr. Doogie said:
And I have a face made for radio too...
lol, I don't believe this. I am sure you are handsome.

mjak

Thanks, guys. I am sorry I jabbered so much that we didn't get a chance to take phone calls. I had so much that I wanted to cover and just scraped the surface on some of the topics. But, all-in-all, I am pleased with how it went.

The unedited version of the audio is now available at the Missing Pieces Archive: http://www.missingpieces.info/ (including the 15 minute gap - sounds rather Nixonesque). If you missed this first time around, you can hear it at this website.

Another idea I thought of for getting Anna's face and info out there is to include her in some of those homemade videos for missing children. I notice they are pretty prevalent on YouTube. Seems like it would be pretty easy to do with the right program. Anyone know a good program to use for these? See this one as an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZ3UZLD2T8

If pointed in the right direction I think I could do a bunch of these.

I did include her in a slideshow I made for one of my new MySpace pages recently:

http://www.myspace.com/148979586

It starts off with the recent recovery of the 2 boys in Missouri, then highlights other recoveries, and then "Still Missing" and "Still Unidentified".

I just listened to the show this morning. You did great, Doogie!

I hope they will have you back again to discuss the case more.

Project Jason submitted these missing persons to be included in the next GINA Webcast Concert for the Missing:

Brian Barton, Anna Waters, Clinton Nelson, Coreen Wiese, and Angie Yarnell. To see other missing persons, please go to http://www.411gina.org/webcast.htm

When:
Saturday, January 27, 2007
6:00 pm (Pacific)

What:
GINA for Missing Persons presents a GINA Concert featuring recording artists Jannel Rap, Yvonne Perea, Gary Floyd, Clementine, Harriet Schock, Carey Colvin, & Ronni Rae Rivers

Purpose:
To get out the faces and stories of the missing and bring them home!

This is an interactive webcast. Encourage your friends and family to watch, and write in. Thanks for your attention!
- Jannel Rap

You can help! Forward this e-mail to your friends and log on Saturday night!

HOW TO WATCH ONLINE:Just go to http://www.411GINA.org
Click on the Webcast Button at the top of the page
ABOUT GINA: Singer/songwriter, Jannel Rap's sister Gina Bos, disappeared Oct 17, 2000. Gina's story had no scandal, no suspects and lacked the hook and intrigue to get the attention of the national public. Gina had simply vanished after performing at a pub in Lincoln, NE. Six months of slamming doors inspired Jannel into action . . . and the concept of using entertainment to get attention for the missing was born.

In 2001, Jannel organized a concert series in honor of her sister, called GINA for Missing Persons, bringing together recording artists from all over the country in an effort to raise awareness of all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children who go missing every year. In addition, through GINA (www.411gina.org) Jannel has produced a television series called "America Lost and FOUND", and now hosts a monthly international webcast featuring missing persons from around the globe.

For more information contact:
Jannel Rap, Founder
877-411-GINA
www.411Gina.org

on the local news station in ct they had a segment on how myspace is doing good deeds for the missing they talked about amber alerts and pages being made for the missing so word is getting out that myspace is not as bad as it seams to be

smile22 said:
on the local news station in ct they had a segment on how myspace is doing good deeds for the missing they talked about amber alerts and pages being made for the missing so word is getting out that myspace is not as bad as it seams to be
That's awesome! I'm glad that MySpace is getting some "good publicity". My mom just emailed me yesterday and asked me for the links to my MySpace pages...apparently she's been telling friends/family about them, and they are interested in checking them out. I'm so happy that MySpace is now doing Amber Alerts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange