Media sensationalizing every little thing...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are you confusing that with the time George vomited after discussing the decomp smell in the car? Was there a second time he vomited during an interview?

ETA: I agree with you about the media. They can't be 100% accurate. And I do believe there is more coming.

No not confused at all, thank you. During this released interview with FBI towards the end of the tape, GA mentions how it makes him sick re: the 1200 photos of KC.
No one else is posting info. If there was a person in Orlando that could go down and get the released evidence and post to their website, great but right now the source of that info is the media and again I say thank you to the media.

Not only do they sensationalize every thing, they often get things flat wrong. I am being driven crazy right now! On Issues with JVM, they are flipping out over a video of casey and Caylee which we have had for MONTHS and they think it was just released. They actually looked at the youtube site and tried to track it and tracked it to our very own momtective who they think is Cindy Anthony! Idiots! can someone contact them? I sent a message but there must be a quicker way to contact them.

I think there's relevance here, because I see it as indication of a darker side. I have seen the site with fruits carved as skulls, and let me tell you, people have carved all kinds of objects, scenes and depictions from apples, etc., and she didn't include any of them. Just the skulls. I feel that the heart has obvious relevance because of the heart on the duct tape and its similarity to the heart on the Caylee photo. I see KC as multifacet and superficial, and I think that her dark side existed long before she laid hands on Caylee.

It was released. I have her whole Photobucket account that was released, and there are several of that particular image.

Right RL!!! I haven't seen any images that haven't already been seen on Casey's photobucket. Many of them have been posted right here on WS. Are we that far ahead, or is the media that far behind????

The media has a hard time "getting it right". They are talking about the video on JVM right now, the one of Casey playing with Caylee on the floor. That video has been out for months. They are saying that the video was released on You Tube just before air time!!! AAAAAAAAAARGHHH
I was posting about it at the same time. So annoying! They think the poster is Cindy Anthony but it's momtective who is on our own websleuths! Very bad research skills. It's embarassing, really.

The video was actually first posted on the HelpFindCaylee website, IIRC, in a bid to make casey look better. In the message I sent to Issues, I told them to check websleuths if they aren't sure of something because we often have the info long before the national media does. This was very sloppy reporting. They think the posting today is part of a conspiracy to mitigate against today's doc dump.

Yes... too much sensationalizing. Dumbing down their stories to dazzle us... keep us watching with our mouths agape. JVM and NG are the biggest culprits. Last night I was listening to JVM on the radio on my way home from work. She was talking about KC's answer in the deposition about whether she had anything to do with Caylee's death. Her tease was something like "We'll tell you about Casey's BIZARRE answer... and why some think she didn't even write it HERSELF!!!" Way overboard.

Yep, sorry... I'll be more specific. It's post 141, you'll see the apple: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2778611&postcount=141

Thanks. It was on page 6 for me, rather than page 3.

th_Apple_of_Death_by_Rajala
Thursday, June 26, 2008, 9:08:40 PM

20032d.jpg

I think the television medium, in particular, is appealing to the masses. They tease with their promo's and intro's to reign them in. People are clamoring for information and not everyone is reading the docs as they come out. WSer's know far more than the average citizen who relies on NG, JVM & HLN to get his/her daily fix of the Caylee saga. Many viewers have no clue the information is a little skewed nor do they care. It's all about pleasing the audience and apparently this is what the audience wants.

JMHO

It tells you how far ahead we are of the press, doesn't it? Months! LOL WTG, Momtective!

How do you figure the media is sensationalizing this? It was Casey's own attorney who argued they were too bad to be released.

Does ANYONE else think that this motion to block by Jose (along with the videotaped reaction of KC) is a STRATEGY for the defense?

They know the photos are out there. He simply brought forth the motions to show #1 that the defense believes these photos are REALLY, REALLY bad (meaning that his client is ashamed of them, even though we all sit here and say "that's not so bad... what's wrong with that?")

#2 - when (and I do really think it's a WHEN not an IF) the videotaped reaction is released, along with all the defense crying about it, many people seeing it are going to assume and believe that this is a woman who is hyperventilating because of grief, as any mother would.

I think this Jose is sneaky, and I think the strategy is to show a woman who is mortified (yeah right) that these photos are being viewed by the public.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it does seem really strange to me... and a compelling strategy from reading posts in this thread.

Does ANYONE else think that this motion to block by Jose (along with the videotaped reaction of KC) is a STRATEGY for the defense?

They know the photos are out there. He simply brought forth the motions to show #1 that the defense believes these photos are REALLY, REALLY bad (meaning that his client is ashamed of them, even though we all sit here and say "that's not so bad... what's wrong with that?")

#2 - when (and I do really think it's a WHEN not an IF) the videotaped reaction is released, along with all the defense crying about it, many people seeing it are going to assume and believe that this is a woman who is hyperventilating because of grief, as any mother would.

I think this Jose is sneaky, and I think the strategy is to show a woman who is mortified (yeah right) that these photos are being viewed by the public.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it does seem really strange to me... and a compelling strategy from reading posts in this thread.

You're missing my point, which had nothing to do with whatever strategy or reasons JB had.

These photos have been out there for months and gotten no media attention at all until JB made an issue of them. I think what's really going on is the media are sifting through the ones supposedly newly released today, desperately seeking to find the juicy ones in light of his claims. Personally, I agree with those here who say the really bad ones haven't been released yet. After all, there are supposed to be thousands of photos.

BTW, I don't under any stretch of the definition consider JVM or NG to be journalists, the press, news women.

Does anyone else agree that the media blows half of this stuff out of proportion?

I mean come on really, the photobucket pics are not "shocking" or "disturbing."

I see worse stuff in commercials on the TV. please.

Does anyone else agree? Everything is used in a context that makes it seem sinister.

I am in no way a KC supporter, but come on.... some of this stuff is just being used to stir up ratings/hits.

I haven't read any of the other comments, but the first thing I thought of reading your post was an article David Lohr did saying that he would be right there at a scene of action, and when he later seen/heard it being broadcasted the story was blown way out of proportion.

So answer to your question...yes I do.

I'm surprised how inaccurate they are, especially the "for hire" talking heads. It seems just show up 2 minutes before air and wing it.

I would like to know his exact words and the context they were used in. Does anyone have a link to this recorded interview?

I don't have a link, but IIRC, it's the first part of the video and Cindy is going on and on about the press and how they are vilifying her daughter, etc. And Savage corrects her on that.

Savage should read our Myth Busters thread. The media will tell you things concerning this case that are flat-out incorrect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485
Back