Meet & Greet for New Members

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, my name is Ashton and I'm a nurse living in the PNW. I've been following cases since I was a teenager, but I got more involved in this community after someone who I was close with was sent to prison after murdering a stranger (definitely still shocks me to my core).

Currently I follow cold cases, missing persons, and unidentified cases that are in the PNW, but I also follow these cases all over the country, especially in the tri-state area of Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania because that was where I lived for the first 26 years of my life.

It's nice to be here and meet you all!

Hey everyone, my name is Ashton and I'm a nurse living in the PNW. I've been following cases since I was a teenager, but I got more involved in this community after someone who I was close with was sent to prison after murdering a stranger (definitely still shocks me to my core).

Currently I follow cold cases, missing persons, and unidentified cases that are in the PNW, but I also follow these cases all over the country, especially in the tri-state area of Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania because that was where I lived for the first 26 years of my life.

It's nice to be here and meet you all!
Welcome from a lifelong New Jerseyian.

Hi everyone!

I'm here hoping to find info on how I can do my own research into my aunt's murder. She was murdered in 1986 in her apartment in the Dallas, TX area.

I was 14 years old at the time and have just recently worked up the courage to contact the detectives about her case. It was one of those things that my family didn't talk about around me much because I was so young at the time and they felt it was potentially dangerous for the family to get too involved, as well. I've recently spoken to one of my other aunts and my dad about it, but this case is a true "who done it" according to the detectives, as well as my family.

It's not considered "cold" according to the detectives, but this year will be 35 years. It surely feels cold to those of us who have missed her for 35 years!

I'd love any advice on where to start searching for people that I know haven't been ruled out. One potential suspect was never located by the police at all. But, all I have for him is a very generic name and possible states he said he lived in.

Again, I welcome any tips on searching here and elsewhere to see what I can find. Thank you so much!
~E

@dotr Thanks! I was going to read it but somehow I ended up watching YouTube videos of Patricia the owner of Websleuths talking to John Douglas (which was so cool btw!!) and then Read “ The Killer’s Shadow” and it was super good! I read “Mind-hunters” before it was on Netflix and have always been interested in the BAU since watching various shows on tv in highschool and also “Lie to Me” and I read a lot of Paul’s work too. I know it’s not like how it is on tv but behavioral stuff has always interested me! I am a voracious reader, have been my whole life. So hearing authors, or talking to them.. is like celebrity heaven to me! I am way more amazed by writers than tv celebrities and criminals just scare the poop out of me! I read a lot of horror but True Crime actually scares me to the point of keeping the lights on.. I think it’s that innate feeling of being scared of what is coming in the future or what we don’t know. Anyways! I’m so psyched to be here.
Question.. should I get tapatalk since I’m on my ipad.. and using browser?? Or a app for websleuths?

Mkitty

Hello all- I'm new, as of a few minutes ago . I'm a 40-something writer whose obsessed with true crime and what makes people tick. Looking forward to diving deep.

Hi everyone!

I'm here hoping to find info on how I can do my own research into my aunt's murder. She was murdered in 1986 in her apartment in the Dallas, TX area.

I was 14 years old at the time and have just recently worked up the courage to contact the detectives about her case. It was one of those things that my family didn't talk about around me much because I was so young at the time and they felt it was potentially dangerous for the family to get too involved, as well. I've recently spoken to one of my other aunts and my dad about it, but this case is a true "who done it" according to the detectives, as well as my family.

It's not considered "cold" according to the detectives, but this year will be 35 years. It surely feels cold to those of us who have missed her for 35 years!

I'd love any advice on where to start searching for people that I know haven't been ruled out. One potential suspect was never located by the police at all. But, all I have for him is a very generic name and possible states he said he lived in.

Again, I welcome any tips on searching here and elsewhere to see what I can find. Thank you so much!
~E
Hello, I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm brand new here, but, I'd like to offer my assistance if you need anyone to help you.

Hello, I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm brand new here, but, I'd like to offer my assistance if you need anyone to help you.
Sorry I’m trying to make a post about my friend who is missing and I’m not sure how to use this

Welcome to Ws to all new members, looking forward to everyone's posts!
If you would like to have a thread started, post the appropriate news link and someone will help you get started with it.

Hello. My name is Gregory and I’m new to this site. I’m trying to get my fathers disappearance/murder into new light. This tragedy happened in 1997 in Baltimore MD when I was only 8 years old. If I could get some direction on the best route for this, please let me know.

Hello, everyone! I am a connoisseur of anything and everything true crime and have been since I watched the details of Jeffrey Dahmer unfold as a kid. I am a 40 year old momma of 2. I have always aspired to be involved in criminal profiling, mental health/law enforcement of that sort. I am particularly interested in serial killers and most everything dubbed deviant behavior.nI am currently a Licensed Professional Counselor-Candidate in Oklahome. I am super pumped to join in on the discussions! Thanks for allowing me to join!

Welcome SleuthLRW! I'll be looking forward to your posts ...always in need of perspectives around mental health and deviant behavior, retired psych rehab practitioner following missing persons, especially those missing from hospitals :)

Hi there.

My name is Phil - I live in Shropshire UK. I'm really interested in contributing and supporting people in their investigations. I'm a prolific collector of true crime books. I graduated as a mature student from University with a degree in Business Law (I wish I'd undertaken a Criminology based degree) I'm now my wife's full time carer and have plenty of time on my hands to support those people that may need some help with research.

I'm fascinated with the patterns of serial killers and any gaps that may appear in an individuals timeline and often find myself looking for unsolved cases in the geographical area - and have already started to read through the forums.

I hope you're all as safe and healthy as can be in these times.

Hi there.

My name is Phil - I live in Shropshire UK. I'm really interested in contributing and supporting people in their investigations. I'm a prolific collector of true crime books. I graduated as a mature student from University with a degree in Business Law (I wish I'd undertaken a Criminology based degree) I'm now my wife's full time carer and have plenty of time on my hands to support those people that may need some help with research.

I'm fascinated with the patterns of serial killers and any gaps that may appear in an individuals timeline and often find myself looking for unsolved cases in the geographical area - and have already started to read through the forums.

I hope you're all as safe and healthy as can be in these times.
Welcome to Ws AtticusPip, nice to ''meet'' you!
Some threads that may be of interest to you..
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/86147577/?q=Shropshire+UK&o=date

United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion* #2

Hi all,

Newbie from the Dallas, TX, area. I've been been dabbling in true crime for only a couple of months but have never personally experienced the mysterious and/or tragic loss of a friend or family member. However, I have an indescribable empathy toward those who have.

I'm drawn to the level of skill and thoughtfulness and intellect I've seen around here as I've been lurking. In fact, I'm quite intimidated to post anywhere on this site because my reasonably decent research skills don't compare with the legendary work I've seen many of you all accomplish!

I look forward to learning from you all and, hopefully, contributing to the community. If I can help with even one case, it'll be a major life accomplishment for me.

Thank you for all that you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member