Meet & Greet for New Members

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!! My name is Alysia and I'm new here from Cape Cod. I'm in my 30's. I found you guys from listening to the podcast Crime Junkies. I've become a little obsessed with it..lol. I've always been interested in crime stories and I'm so excited to find like minded people! Can't wait to get into this!!
Welcome to Ws Zcollar, nice to ''meet'' you!

I am new to Websleuth's and not really sure where I should make this post so it will be viewed, so I'm giving it a try here.......I have a childhood friend who was found deceased in her attic, last Monday, February 22, 2021. She was, as I've mentioned, in the attic, laying on a pallet, covered up w a blanket, w a 9 mm gunshot wound to her head. The attic door was shut, before her son pulled the stairs down to enter the attic. The stairs are the kind that fold up on a sheet of wood that's hinged to the ceiling on one end, allowing the other end to open and close. Once as a kid, a friend and I went in her attic and closed the door behind us, but it was not an easy task and I believe required both of us, in order to do it. There was no note and she never implied to anyone that she may kill herself.
Nothing but suicide has even been considered, regarding who did this to her. She was married and her children grown- she was having a birthday party for her young granddaughter, later in the week, having already bought and prepared for it. Her husband was the only one home w her at the time of her death and she was found 2 hours after she died, by her son, who she had spoke w just before going in the attic, which is how he knew to look there - she told him that's where she was going. Her husband was outside looking for her when their son arrived, even though he has cameras in every room of their house, that he is obsessed with, yet didn't consider reviewing them, to see where she went. The police are not concerned with reviewing the footage either and the attic door is in the ceiling at the entrance of the back door that he had exited the house through.
He had her cremated and was remodeling a portion of their house last week, after her death. My friend had a twin sister and 5 other siblings (there were 7 of them w one have died of cancer in the last 2 years, both their parents died in the last 5 years). At least 2 of her siblings don't believe it's suicide, along w a mass of other people, but with the case being ruled suicide, the sheriff here wouldn't touch it!
I am hopeful some of you can direct me regarding getting an investigation going into this death.
Sincerely,
A Masey

Heyyyy everyone! I'm Crystal and I just joined a few mins ago. I'm a medical coder from North Carolina. I'm a knitter and true crime junkie. My tv stays on ID channel and my computer stays on Discovery+ lolol

I'm looking forward to chopping it up with you guys and brainstorming on these unsolved cases. Have an awesome Friday! :)

Heyyyy everyone! I'm Crystal and I just joined a few mins ago. I'm a medical coder from North Carolina. I'm a knitter and true crime junkie. My tv stays on ID channel and my computer stays on Discovery+ lolol

I'm looking forward to chopping it up with you guys and brainstorming on these unsolved cases. Have an awesome Friday! :)
Welcome to Ws CrystalBlack81, sounds like you will feel right at home here, happy Friday!

I am new to Websleuth's and not really sure where I should make this post so it will be viewed, so I'm giving it a try here.......I have a childhood friend who was found deceased in her attic, last Monday, February 22, 2021. She was, as I've mentioned, in the attic, laying on a pallet, covered up w a blanket, w a 9 mm gunshot wound to her head. The attic door was shut, before her son pulled the stairs down to enter the attic. The stairs are the kind that fold up on a sheet of wood that's hinged to the ceiling on one end, allowing the other end to open and close. Once as a kid, a friend and I went in her attic and closed the door behind us, but it was not an easy task and I believe required both of us, in order to do it. There was no note and she never implied to anyone that she may kill herself.
Nothing but suicide has even been considered, regarding who did this to her. She was married and her children grown- she was having a birthday party for her young granddaughter, later in the week, having already bought and prepared for it. Her husband was the only one home w her at the time of her death and she was found 2 hours after she died, by her son, who she had spoke w just before going in the attic, which is how he knew to look there - she told him that's where she was going. Her husband was outside looking for her when their son arrived, even though he has cameras in every room of their house, that he is obsessed with, yet didn't consider reviewing them, to see where she went. The police are not concerned with reviewing the footage either and the attic door is in the ceiling at the entrance of the back door that he had exited the house through.
He had her cremated and was remodeling a portion of their house last week, after her death. My friend had a twin sister and 5 other siblings (there were 7 of them w one have died of cancer in the last 2 years, both their parents died in the last 5 years). At least 2 of her siblings don't believe it's suicide, along w a mass of other people, but with the case being ruled suicide, the sheriff here wouldn't touch it!
I am hopeful some of you can direct me regarding getting an investigation going into this death.
Sincerely,
A Masey
Welcome to Ws Masey!
Hoping somebody will see your post and know what to suggest, for now- any news clipping about the events you mention will be helpful to get the ball rolling.

Hey everyone, I'm from the UK. I'm looking forward to trying to use my social media skills to share information on missing people cases. :)

Hey everyone,

I`m Lola, I`m from Germany and very interested in cold cases (also actual cases). I studied criminology/criminal law when I was on college and wanted to join public prosecution service. Bu I wasn`t hired bc my grades were not good enough. Now I`m working as a lawyer, performing civil law suites, but never lost my interest in the solving of criminal cases. I look forward to read a lot here and share my ideas with you - and hoping my English will improve, bc my boss told me it has to ;) Kindly regards, Lola

Hi everyone one, my name is Candy. I am 38, from and live in the coastal region of the Carolinas in the U.S. I recently heard your site mentioned on a show that I was listening too and it caught my attention because I like many of you, was intrigued by catching up with some folks that share my interest for true crime. It has fascinated me since childhood, some could argue it was inherited LOL my Grandmother loved crime dramas (Perry Mason, Murder She Wrote) and my Mom enjoyed Court TV and Forensics. I enjoy all mentioned but something about the psychology of what drives people to commit their crimes really tickles my fancy. I have invested shameful amounts of my time studying and absorbing information related to criminal psychology. So reading through these posts and all of the opinions on these cases have been like a rabbit hole for me lol

Currently, the Chad and Lori Daybell case has my attention. And the Heather Elvis case has had my action for years... What has all of yours?

Look forward to digging into these cases with y'all !!

Last edited:
I joined today, im interested in all sorts really.

I'm 33 from Teesside in England.

Welcome to Ws all new members, looking forward to ''sleuthing'' with everyone!!

Hello - I came across WS by accident and the sleuthing is just my cup of tea - we all need to be a detective in life sometimes. From the north of England and like to keep my brain cogs working.

Hello - I came across WS by accident and the sleuthing is just my cup of tea - we all need to be a detective in life sometimes. From the north of England and like to keep my brain cogs working.
Put on the kettle and welcome to Ws Stella123!

Welcome Stella! We could use a sharp mind with fresh eyes to look at the Julia Niswender thread. Come join us!

-Roses

Hello, I’m new as well. I am not sure where to find the forum but does anyone know about the connection between the two sets of alphabet murders and one of the hillside stranglers? They’re all from the same city in New York. Rochester, NY. The earliest set of alphabet murders is still unsolved. Yet two separate men from the same city both became serial killers. I’m from Southern California and I’d like to find the forum for this mystery.
I'm from the Rochester area and joined this site recently to look into local mysteries, much like these. I'd like to dig around and learn as much as I can about these two cases.

To find a specific case, you can use key words and search in the search box at the top right. You can also go to the upper left tool bar area and "search forums". You'll find lots of interesting cases by category. Glad you are all here! Welcome!

-Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member