Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I don't think the grandmother is saying she was prescribed the meds because of the shoplifting incident.

Awww. OK.

I guess I was thinking that the medication might have something to do with her April 17th court appearance to check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft charge to which she pleaded no contest.

ETA: This report states that she was placed on medication stemming from the above referenced charge. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/15/wrong.huckaby/#cnnSTCVideo

Not sure why I can't get it to link directly but the one entitled "Cantu murder suspect weeps 3:14" is where this is mentioned.

I posted this in the media thread. It's a youtube video of a psychologist's interpretation of Huckaby's body language in court yesterday.

I did not find that interesting. This psychologist did not bring up anything that we here have not already discussed.

However at the end of the video the newscaster speaks to some of the accusations that Huckaby made against her ex-Husband in court docs and the court's response...now that was very interesting to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LVAJ-u9wMg&feature=player_embedded

It was to me as well, Kat.

I'd like to hear from John Huckaby.

I don't recall seeing this posted anywhere. Confirmation of a relationship between Huckaby and Sinclair. I apologize if it's a duplicate. :)

http://cbs5.com/crime/Melissa.Huckaby.suicide.2.985418.html

(snip)
But Sheneman did disclose that Huckaby dated and had a relationship with Christian Sinclair, another mobile home park resident whose home was initially searched by police after Sandra disappeared.

According to court records in San Joaquin County, Sinclair is a repeat offender of domestic violence laws. Several women have taken out restraining orders against him through the years; including hs own mother.

But Sheneman did not implicate Sinclair in the crime and has previously indicated that no further arrests in the Sandra Cantu case were expected.

Kat, thanks for the vid. The psych states that Melissa being ordered to counseling for a theft charge was fairly unusual. That there must have been something that brought her emotional state into question at that point.

Accused her husband of Child abduction, domestic violence and alcohol abuse. Would the abduction charge be regarding their daughter or someone else's kid or something created in Melissa's mind?

Is Ellen Schwarzenberg her appointed public defender or just the public defender she had yesterday? TIA for any confirmation.

Kat, thanks for the vid. The psych states that Melissa being ordered to counseling for a theft charge was fairly unusual. That there must have been something that brought her emotional state into question at that point.

Accused her husband of Child abduction, domestic violence and alcohol abuse. Would the abduction charge be regarding their daughter or someone else's kid or something created in Melissa's mind?

I was wondering that too, I have assumed that it was about their child together (I could be wrong on that, I haven't thought it through) because Mr. Huckaby was ordered supervised visitation (?)

I was wondering that too, I have assumed that it was about their child together (I could be wrong on that, I haven't thought it through) because Mr. Huckaby was ordered supervised visitation (?)

I hope he just realized she had major problems and got away from the situation, trying to take his daughter with him. Don't want to throw him under the bus just yet.

I'm giving him a wide berth gliving :). She is responsible for her actions and crimes. Not him. I just found it interesting because if this is something she might have concocted within her mind it could potentially show a history of manipulation, lying and other behaviors. She is my sole focus as to who is culpable and responsible for Sandra's violation and murder.

I'm giving him a wide berth gliving :). She is responsible for her actions and crimes. Not him. I just found it interesting because if this is something she might have concocted within her mind it could potentially show a history of manipulation, lying and other behaviors. She is my sole focus as to who is culpable and responsible for Sandra's violation and murder.

So true! I'd love to hear what her ex has to say about her.

The Sgt.Tony was just on Fox asking any other parent's whose children may have had contact with Melissa to gently question their children and they are asking any victims to please come forward.

He also said that if they believed anyone else was involved with this crime...either before, during or after the fact, they would have been re-miss not to take them into that custody at that time. Melissa acted alone in this act.
http://www.kcra.com/video/19184506/index.html

I hope he just realized she had major problems and got away from the situation, trying to take his daughter with him. Don't want to throw him under the bus just yet.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as well. He's married to a nut and the court believes her, he runs as fast and far as he can...I could see that happening.

The Sgt.Tony was just on Fox asking any other parent's whose children may have had contact with Melissa to gently question their children and they are asking any victims to please come forward.

He also said that if they believed anyone else was involved with this crime...either before, during or after the fact, they would have been re-miss not to take them into that custody at that time. Melissa acted alone in this act.
http://www.kcra.com/video/19184506/index.html

SNAP The more I think about it this gal had to have already been a sexual abuser of children.

I don't think one would use an instrument the very first time, do you? I would think that is something one would build up to.

Plus, for LE to come out and ask the public for any other victims to please come forward tells me they have indications she has done this before!

SNAP The more I think about it this gal had to have already been a sexual abuser of children.

I don't think one would use an instrument the very first time, do you? I would think that is something one would build up to.

Plus, for LE to come out and ask the public for any other victims to please come forward tells me they have indications she has done this before!

A criminal psychologist (a talking head) on HLN said yesterday that woman sex abusers will often reenact out their own childhood trauma on their victims.
And the killing could have been from all that rage that came from the reenactment/and all the recent stress in her life (which she blamed on the childhood abuse/abuser) coming to an head and she killed Sandra much like she wanted to kill her childhood abuser.

So perhaps someone used an object on her before? Or because she didn't have a penis she used an object instead?

(don't mean to get graphic, it's not an easy case for any of use to talk about)

It seems like there is a thread or two missing. Can't find them in the Parking Lot so I will put this here:

"On Jan. 19, 2005, after almost a year of living with her mother, Melissa Huckaby filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, court records show.

By May 2005, she found a full-time job at Associated Therapists, a Huntington Beach firm that provides administrative assistance to Southern California mental health practitioners. Melissa Huckaby _ who attended Bryman College, a Southern California vocational college _ made $1,430 a month working in the medical billing division, while taking in $237 in food stamps. Huckaby struggled financially with just $200 in savings and a 1991 Chevy Blazer to her name, according to divorce papers.

On Sept. 9, 2005, an Orange County family court judge dissolved the couple's marriage, giving legal and physical custody to 24-year-old Melissa Huckaby. Her ex-husband received supervised visits once a month for a half-hour, according to court papers."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sandra-cantu-case/ci_12133607

Thanks i.b.nora! Half an hour once a month supervised visits is very harsh. I hope the judge had real evidence rather than going on what Melissa said.

It seems like there is a thread or two missing. Can't find them in the Parking Lot so I will put this here:

"On Jan. 19, 2005, after almost a year of living with her mother, Melissa Huckaby filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, court records show.

By May 2005, she found a full-time job at Associated Therapists, a Huntington Beach firm that provides administrative assistance to Southern California mental health practitioners. Melissa Huckaby _ who attended Bryman College, a Southern California vocational college _ made $1,430 a month working in the medical billing division, while taking in $237 in food stamps. Huckaby struggled financially with just $200 in savings and a 1991 Chevy Blazer to her name, according to divorce papers.

On Sept. 9, 2005, an Orange County family court judge dissolved the couple's marriage, giving legal and physical custody to 24-year-old Melissa Huckaby. Her ex-husband received supervised visits once a month for a half-hour, according to court papers."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sandra-cantu-case/ci_12133607

Thanks for the bolded part (I hadn't seen that part of the article).
So --- is it fair to say that because of her work experience in mental health billing, MH would have been well-versed in a variety of MH disorders and their symptoms? And, is this relevant?

Thanks for the bolded part (I hadn't seen that part of the article).
So --- is it fair to say that because of her work experience in mental health billing, MH would have been well-versed in a variety of MH disorders and their symptoms? And, is this relevant?
You are very welcome.
I think at the very least it is fair to say that it is another piece of the puzzle.
Just not sure where or how it fits.

A criminal psychologist (a talking head) on HLN said yesterday that woman sex abusers will often reenact out their own childhood trauma on their victims.
And the killing could have been from all that rage that came from the reenactment/and all the recent stress in her life (which she blamed on the childhood abuse/abuser) coming to an head and she killed Sandra much like she wanted to kill her childhood abuser.

So perhaps someone used an object on her before? Or because she didn't have a penis she used an object instead?

(don't mean to get graphic, it's not an easy case for any of use to talk about)
Talking heads' opinions are a dime a dozen. They all have their own "take" on sexual assault cases...right or wrong.

One thing we need to remember with any rape is that it is all about power, control, and rage. We need to leave out the history and the what if's of the perp. Rape is rape. It is a vile, angry, and demeaning act which does not have any purpose other than to inflict pain and torture on another person. Whatever was done to Sandra was done with the intent of harming her. The object being used was to inflict more pain. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay