Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OMG I can see it now. Nova in his shaved legs on a slippery slope dancing to a beatles song. Poor Nova I keep teasing him. Too funny

I'm 6'3" and I promise my legs are proportionate to the rest of me. If I shaved them, I'd never have time to do anything else.

I've never understood why women let that practice get started anyway.

To me, it's weird that she, who committed no crime, had a lawyer on the scene within an hour of the body's discovery. That is weird to me, yes, whether she understood the system or not. I do not know what she, who committed no crime, needed a lawyer for, and she certainly didn't share that lawyer or lawyer's advice with other flatmates. Why not help out AK, who wasn't a suspect that day, by telling her to get a lawyer, too, if she knew the system so well. I'm totally not understanding that.

Instead, RF pretended to still be AK's friend and that they'd get a place together again right up until AK was arrested, because in my opinion, she wanted to glean information out of AK. If what the book we're reading says is true, RF expressed a lot of frustration with Ak and had started to suspect her on Saturday or sunday, and yet, she still called AK and pretended to be all friends and moving together.

I just don't know about RF.
Aren't her initials, rather, "FR"? In any case, the taking of the laptop, and saying it had been destroyed, also puzzles me. Was she frightened about drug activity? A boyfriend? It puzzles me....:waitasec:

You'd get a lot more rent in New York of most of California for that space.

Also, in my experience, areas in close proximity to large universities tend to have inflated rents because students are willing to bunch up and share.

That's probably true, but that's so expensive for college students per month in a low income place like Perugia. I guess I believe the area to be low income due to all the talk about druggies being around. And the place just sounds so seedy to me. I don't even know why MK and AK's parents' approved it.

I think PL was paying AK like 10 euros an hour?

Aren't her initials, rather, "FR"? In any case, the taking of the laptop, and saying it had been destroyed, also puzzles me. Was she frightened about drug activity? A boyfriend? It puzzles me....:waitasec:

yes, I switch them all the time. i dont know why, but I do. Please everyone just try to remember that I have the unconscious habit of doing that.

From the book:

Filomena’s friend Paola Grande remembered that when Amanda called about the break-in, Filomena wanted “immediately to call a lawyer.” In fact, Filomena’s lawyer was already on the murder scene when Magistrate Mignini showed up. “I didn’t trust Amanda as much, to say the truth,” Filomena told Mignini after the arrest. “I called Marco, my boyfriend, and I said, ‘Marco, Madonna mia, Laura is not there, we can’t find Meredith, and Amanda is there and says there was a thief. Please, please go to Amanda to see what happened.’ Marco told me he would go right away, and they arrived before me.” By the time police took control of the crime scene, Filomena had, by her own admission, already entered her room at least twice. First, before Meredith’s body was found, she had scurried, in a panic, to assess the damage and look for anything missing. She sneaked back in later, with police on the scene, to retrieve her laptop, which she later testified had been destroyed by whoever rifled through her room. Filomena’s later testimony that there was “glass on top of my clothes” was the key pillar of the theory that the robbery had been “staged.”

Burleigh, Nina (2011). The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox (Kindle Locations 2514-2524). Broadway. Kindle Edition.

She wanted to call a lawyer before she knew there was a dead body in the house. Unless she did know a dead body was in the house because she came home that night and saw that someone had killed MK and she ran out of there, not being able to contact her lawyer at that hour.

You are SO right, Nova. In Cold Blood is real literature, and Capote's best, and a classic. People are still reading all you have listed. I predict Burleigh's book will share the same fate.

I just reread it last year. It is an astonishing work, right from the first page. It's amazing how an urban sophisticate like Capote is able to describe the mundane activities of the victims and their neighbors without ever once condescending to anyone.

I just reread it last year. It is an astonishing work, right from the first page. It's amazing how an urban sophisticate like Capote is able to describe the mundane activities of the victims and their neighbors without ever once condescending to anyone.
Very true. It was his best work. He fell in love with Perry Smith, and that was probably the only decent evet in Perry's life. :(

yes, I switch them all the time. i dont know why, but I do. Please everyone just try to remember that I have the unconscious habit of doing that.

From the book:

Filomena’s friend Paola Grande remembered that when Amanda called about the break-in, Filomena wanted “immediately to call a lawyer.” In fact, Filomena’s lawyer was already on the murder scene when Magistrate Mignini showed up. “I didn’t trust Amanda as much, to say the truth,” Filomena told Mignini after the arrest. “I called Marco, my boyfriend, and I said, ‘Marco, Madonna mia, Laura is not there, we can’t find Meredith, and Amanda is there and says there was a thief. Please, please go to Amanda to see what happened.’ Marco told me he would go right away, and they arrived before me.” By the time police took control of the crime scene, Filomena had, by her own admission, already entered her room at least twice. First, before Meredith’s body was found, she had scurried, in a panic, to assess the damage and look for anything missing. She sneaked back in later, with police on the scene, to retrieve her laptop, which she later testified had been destroyed by whoever rifled through her room. Filomena’s later testimony that there was “glass on top of my clothes” was the key pillar of the theory that the robbery had been “staged.”

Burleigh, Nina (2011). The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox (Kindle Locations 2514-2524). Broadway. Kindle Edition.

She wanted to call a lawyer before she knew there was a dead body in the house. Unless she did know a dead body was in the house because she came home that night and saw that someone had killed MK and she ran out of there, not being able to contact her lawyer at that hour.
wasn't_me, can you copy paste the sentence where Burleigh says she was "lawyered up"?....I wonder too, if FR was frightened by some drug knowledge, something about the boys downstairs? And feared for her job, her life?

To me, it's weird that she, who committed no crime, had a lawyer on the scene within an hour of the body's discovery. That is weird to me, yes, whether she understood the system or not. I do not know what she, who committed no crime, needed a lawyer for, and she certainly didn't share that lawyer or lawyer's advice with other flatmates. Why not help out AK, who wasn't a suspect that day, by telling her to get a lawyer, too, if she knew the system so well. I'm totally not understanding that.

Instead, RF pretended to still be AK's friend and that they'd get a place together again right up until AK was arrested, because in my opinion, she wanted to glean information out of AK. If what the book we're reading says is true, RF expressed a lot of frustration with Ak and had started to suspect her on Saturday or sunday, and yet, she still called AK and pretended to be all friends and moving together.

I just don't know about RF.

I don't have a link, but some of the descriptions of the byzantine Italian legal system suggest natives know that factual innocence may not help them.

But that doesn't explain why RS didn't know HE needed a lawyer...

wasn't_me, can you copy paste the sentence where Burleigh says she was "lawyered up"?....I wonder too, if FR was frightened by some drug knowledge, something about the boys downstairs? And feared for her job, her life?

The girl was Italian, one of the roommates who lived in the house, and the lawyer was her legal representative. Filomena had lawyered up, in American parlance, in the first hour after the crime was discovered.

Burleigh, Nina (2011). The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox (Kindle Locations 2482-2483). Broadway. Kindle Edition.

I don't have a link, but some of the descriptions of the byzantine Italian legal system suggest natives know that factual innocence may not help them.

But that doesn't explain why RS didn't know HE needed a lawyer...

or his father, who directed his life down to his myspace/ facebook page.

The girl was Italian, one of the roommates who lived in the house, and the lawyer was her legal representative. Filomena had lawyered up, in American parlance, in the first hour after the crime was discovered.

Burleigh, Nina (2011). The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox (Kindle Locations 2482-2483). Broadway. Kindle Edition.
:gthanks: I keep wondering, what was Filomena afraid of? I keep thinking maybe something about the boys downstairs and perhaps THEIR owing drug money, and her horrified that MK may have gotten caught in the crossfire? These facts, taken together, about FR, seem more than coincidence, at least to me.....just more grist for the mill....For some reason, I dislike and distrust the boys downstairs. And they were connected with RG....

See? I knew there'd be a quiz! :great:

I dunno. FR just troubles me. It's just my gut about the swivel of her hips....

It could be about that. Maybe she knew MK had the key and she thought "dumb AK" or even "dumb MK" (since she didn't know she was dead.) would let the police into the downstairs apartment.

I just don't know what FR's laptop had to do with it....Why would the burglar or stagger throw it across the room and destroy it? If that was done, how was glass on top of it as described in the massei report?

We just don't know enough about her and I don't know if we're allowed to sleuth her. I don't think we are. so....

It could be about that. Maybe she knew MK had the key and she thought "dumb AK" or even "dumb MK" (since she didn't know she was dead.) would let the police into the downstairs apartment.

I just don't know what FR's laptop had to do with it....

We just don't know enough about her and I don't know if we're allowed to sleuth her. I don't think we are. so....
Right, I guess she is well out of the picture at this point. Just struck me, in the book...thanks for the feedback...

Yeah, I don't know if I ever heard of anyone lawyering up that fast, not even on my soaps, where after commerical break, the characters are in a totally different location.

Will there be any court dates after Se[p 5, and when is the ruling? anyone know?

Yeah, I don't know if I ever heard of anyone lawyering up that fast, not even on my soaps, where after commerical break, the characters are in a totally different location.
:laugh:

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to have court DAILY until the matter was solved.

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to have court DAILY until the matter was solved.
I did, too---and thought it sounded absurd, which it apparently was, as there has not been a single news item on court since last time....:waiting::waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog