Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting about that shot of FRs window at night is just how open the outside shutters are due to the swelling - you can actually see part of the inside its that pronounced. I had always assumed the swelling was minimal and they would be fairly tight still. That looks like you could just reach your hand in and pull them apart!

You can also make out the nail and the scuff mark on the top of the first window ledge.

This police video taken the next evening just before 7PM shows how not well lit that side of the house is. There is a source of light in the distance but the area near the house is dark.

Attachments

• police vid clip 25 1a.jpg
    police vid clip 25 1a.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 24
This police video taken the next evening just before 7PM shows how not well lit that side of the house is. There is a source of light in the distance but the area near the house is dark.
Right, this looks a lot more realistic and normal; the pics where that side of the house was absolutely flooded with light at night did not make any sense, and looked unnatural.

Are you wondering why the entrance to the flat in the downstairs of the cottage was broken? I would assume that in order to examine the crime scene, investigators had to enter the flat. No one answered the door and there was a body upstairs ... I suppose that had to be sure that there wasn't also a body downstairs.

Why do you suppose police had to forcibly enter the downstairs flat?

IIRC this was broken when they took AK back I believe a day or 2 later and they broke into the downstairs. The particulars are not comming to mind at the moment but I remember it being stated that a window was broken in the process

What I find interesting about that shot of FRs window at night is just how open the outside shutters are due to the swelling - you can actually see part of the inside its that pronounced. I had always assumed the swelling was minimal and they would be fairly tight still. That looks like you could just reach your hand in and pull them apart!

This is a very good point. They are as well swollen enough that on a windy night such as the first, the wind easily could of opened these further

IIRC this was broken when they took AK back I believe a day or 2 later and they broke into the downstairs. The particulars are not comming to mind at the moment but I remember it being stated that a window was broken in the process

Perhaps you have a link to this information about the downstairs flat being searched a day or 2 after the murder of Meredith Kercher?

The particulars are, per my recollection, that at the time of the murder the entire cottage was searched as a potential crime scene. Because the occupants of the downstairs flat were out of town, and the keys that they had given to Meredith were missing, police had to break into the downstairs flat. This photo, originally posted on CNN, is attributed to Anne Bremner, lawyer for Friends of Amanda. It was posted on CNN with the implication that police were aggressively kicking down the door to the flat shared by Meredith and roommates, but it is the downstairs flat occupied by the male students.

The grate on the door, clearly visible and unlocked, would have provided a "ladder" for climbing onto the small roof over the door and then anyone could easliy climb onto the balcony. The door is not visible from the road as it is on the back of the cottage and obscured by trees. Once on the balcony, the kitchen window was the easiest way to enter the cottage.

knoxdownstairsflat.jpg

The balcony is clearly visible and well lit. The door under it less so. The window below Filomena's window is even more hidden and also has a grate that can be used as a ladder.

The balcony is clearly visible and well lit. The door under it less so. The window below Filomena's window is even more hidden and also has a grate that can be used as a ladder.

The problem with the grate that is on the main floor on the same wall as Filomina's bedroom is that it's not under the window, and the guy that tried to climb the grate to get into the room did not actually succeed ... he needed help to get up to the grate, and then he came back down.

That aside, since there was glass spread across the window sill, and no glass on the ground below the window, it's rather easy to conclude that no one climbed in through that particular window.

The problem with the grate that is on the main floor on the same wall as Filomina's bedroom is that it's not under the window, and the guy that tried to climb the grate to get into the room did not actually succeed ... he needed help to get up to the grate, and then he came back down.

That aside, since there was glass spread across the window sill, and no glass on the ground below the window, it's rather easy to conclude that no one climbed in through that particular window.

It is directly under Filomena's window. Even Matteini didn't think it would take Spiderman to get up there. How do you know there is no glass under the window? Is this another glass thing they forgot to photograph, like the glass on top of clothes?

It is directly under Filomena's window. Even Matteini didn't think it would take Spiderman to get up there. How do you know there is no glass under the window? Is this another glass thing they forgot to photograph, like the glass on top of clothes?

The facts of the case are that there was no glass on the ground beneath the window. Would you suggest that there was glass, but it wasn't found? If so, it should still be there. Why doesn't someone go and photograph it?

If it wouldn't take spiderman to climb in through the bedroom window, why has no one been able to do it? Are there no other basketball players willing to play spiderman for the sake of justice?

From Dempsey, on eve of court reconvene :

mererdith02.jpg

Prosecution on the Ropes in Amanda Knox Case:

. . . The prosecution has already cross-examined the independent experts appointed by Judge Pratillo Hellmann. They reviewed the DNA evidence for the first time. Now, it’s the turn of the civil plaintiffs, Francesco Marcesca for the Kercher family and Carlo “Amanda is a she devil” Pacelli, representing Patrick Lumumba, Amanda’s former boss, in a slander case. Both are known more for their demonizing of Amanda and intense interest in her ho-hum college sex life than in scientific acumen, but they will question the experts.

This week the defense will also ask questions of the experts, then the court will take another break before closing argumenta and the verdict. Patrizia Stefanoni, the police scientist who tested the DNA, will not be allowed a return visit.

Marcesca has often praised the Kerchers for “the elegance of silence,” while describing an American family with a daughter behind bars as a clan. Not only did he march out of court when Amanda defended herself in court, but he has rubber-stamped every prosecutorial move and said many ugly things in the Kercher’s name, even claiming God himself hungered for Amanda and Raffaele’s conviction.

“The Bible says that the judge is a minister of God, and inflicts a just punishment on those who do evil,” Marcesca said after the verdict. “Those who cause suffering must be made to suffer by having their freedom taken.”

What will he say if justice is done and Amanda and Raffaele go free?
Presumably, he will say justice was not served...:waitasec:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/09/04/prosecution-on-the-ropes-in-amanda-knox-case/

Someone has really messed with that image. First of all, we are to assume that the video was taken with all the lights in the entire cottage turned off. Second, one needs only look at the image in photoshop to see how much the image has been altered. The light/dark balance is pushed so far to the dark end of the spectrum that adding lightness to the image results in blue patches all over white shutters. Surely it isn't necessary to manipulate cottage images to distort the truth.

Sept 4

"The letter, written by Meredith Kercher's sister Stephanie, says in part: "In these last few week we have been left seriously anxious and greatly troubled by the news regarding the original DNA findings."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/129241163.html

Sept 5

"There were aspects of the case that needed to be addressed, they were addressed, and now there's nothing left of the case," Knox's stepfather, Chris Mellas, told the AP.

Mellas, who will attend the session Monday, described Knox as "happy that we're back in court again, and I think a little bit anxious, not wanting to get her hopes up." ... Prosecutors have questioned some of the independent experts' findings, and maintain the evidence should stand."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/05/amanda-knox-trial-resumes-in-italy/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member