Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea Vogt is published in numerous newspapers and books. She gives lectures about the media for private and public sector agencies and American universities, so she must know something about the media. What newspapers have published Frank's blog opinions?

<modsnip>

Oh, I see; thanks so much. Sorry, I really did not know, and do not know how to link to the post.

SMK, it's easy. In the bottom right-hand corner of every post there are a few buttons. One of these is labelled "link". Click it and you get a dialogue box with a link to that individual post which you can copy and paste anywhere you want. The WS forum posts don't have that button, I don't know why.

SMK, it's easy. In the bottom right-hand corner of every post there are a few buttons. One of these is labelled "link". Click it and you get a dialogue box with a link to that individual post which you can copy and paste anywhere you want. The WS forum posts don't have that button, I don't know why.
Oh, great, thanks!! :)

Report:Mignini dozes off during his own summations/Comodi unfazed/reprters ignore

How does this happen? I mean the largest case, the most critical part of the trial and they fall asleep?

Maybe free coffee is needed, maybe stretching is to be suggested.... have some respect for the victim's family

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=7608320#post7608320
image.jpg

Prosecutors pour scorn on forensic experts

Seeking to uphold Amanda Knox's conviction for murder, prosecuters on Saturday mounted an all-out attack on the independent, court-appointed experts who have poured scorn on the forensic evidence used to sentence her to 26 years in jail.

Manuela Comodi, the third and last prosecutor to address the court hearing Knox's appeal, noted the experts were both professors of forensic science, rather than practising investigators.

And she asked the jury of five women and one man: "Would you entrust the wedding reception of your only daughter to someone who knew all the recipes by heart but had never actually cooked?"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/24/amanda-knox-prosecution-attack-experts?newsfeed=true

110924093339-amanda-knox-court-story-top.jpg

Prosecution's summation Perugia, Italy (CNN) -- An Italian prosecutor in American Amanda Knox's appeal against her murder conviction put forward a vigorous defense in closing arguments Saturday of the DNA evidence used to find her guilty.
Prosecutor Manuela Comodi refuted testimony from independent forensics experts that cast doubt on the reliability of the evidence, insisting police forensic officers had handled the DNA material properly.
Comodi's appearance came on the second day of closing arguments for prosecutors in the appeal in the Italian city of Perugia.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/24/world/europe/italy-knox-appeal/

Reading Barbie Nadeau's twitters on the trial here:

https://twitter.com/#!/BLNadeau

I get the impression that she is very unimpressed by Comodi's arguments. To the point that Nadeau's sarcasm is practically dripping from some of these posts.

Reading Barbie Nadeau's twitters on the trial here:

https://twitter.com/#!/BLNadeau

I get the impression that she is very unimpressed by Comodi's arguments. To the point that Nadeau's sarcasm is practically dripping from some of these posts.
Yes, I see the same, and I think she is not thrilled at all with the prosecution:

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Four years and Comodi still can't pronounce #meredithkercher last name. It's not KERKER! #amandaknox

This kind of thing annoys me to no end. If the defendants did not commit the murder, how is admonishing the jury to recall Kercher helping to get justice???:maddening:

Amanda Knox appeal: Jury told to remember Kercher

Italian prosecutors have urged a jury considering an appeal by two convicted murderers of British student Meredith Kercher to remember her family.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15034031

Nadeau's tweets really have reached the height of absurdity. I mean, she is so misinformed it is frightening and embarrassing ---- From JREF forum:

Judge and jury deliberating whether to accept the high court ruling on #rudyguede. #amandaknox

Jeez. <modsnip> has no idea what she's talking about. They are not "deliberating whether to accept the high court ruling" - if they are doing anything, they are ruling on whether it's proper or not for Comodi to have even mentioned the Supreme Court ruling. There is no question whatsoever that the Hellmann court is considering "accepting" the ruling.

Judge denies request.... #amandaknox
36 seconds ago

Quelle surprise. <modsnip>, I really do. She's only been following this case for, oh, nearly four years now.
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=7608972#post7608972

Oh, Nova, I had you pegged as a high brow intellectual (of the authentic stamp) and a professor, (and oddly enough, gay) before you had conceded to any of it. I adore classical education, and made sure to study classical Latin, Aristotlean Nichomachean ethics, politics, metaphysics, and conduct an independent study in the Hegelian Phenomenology of Mind. Yes, my parents were amoral lunatics; everyone who knew them deemed them so. They did not want their daughters "treading on their territory". For my next incarnation, I have put in a request for Nova to be my father. ;)

Oh, you might want to check with my step-daughter first. (But, yes, she and her brother both went to very good colleges.)

P.S. I love Aristotle and like Hegel, but I'm not so very high brow. For example, I've never missed an episode of "Survivor."

Oh, you might want to check with my step-daughter first. (But, yes, she and her brother both went to very good colleges.)

P.S. I love Aristotle and like Hegel, but I'm not so very high brow. For example, I've never missed an episode of "Survivor."
Well, I and my 20 pound Virginia Opossum never miss America's Next Top Model, either....:floorlaugh:

So what does she mean about the court refusing to "accept" the high court's ruling?
I think Hellman ruled that the jury is not to consider it: Not to take into account that the High Court ruled "Guede acted with others"....

Nadeau's tweets really have reached the height of absurdity. I mean, she is so misinformed it is frightening and embarrassing ---- From JREF forum:

"BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Judge and jury deliberating whether to accept the high court ruling on #rudyguede. #amandaknox

Jeez. <modsnip> has no idea what she's talking about. They are not "deliberating whether to accept the high court ruling" - if they are doing anything, they are ruling on whether it's proper or not for Comodi to have even mentioned the Supreme Court ruling. There is no question whatsoever that the Hellmann court is considering "accepting" the ruling.

36 seconds ago

Quelle surprise. <modsnip>. She's only been following this case for, oh, nearly four years now."

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=7608972#post7608972

Help me out ... what exactly is the <modsnip> Nadeau saying regarding the Supreme Court ruling?

I think Hellman ruled that the jury is not to consider it: Not to take into account that the High Court ruled "Guede acted with others"....

I don't think so. The <modsnip> Nadeau is saying something quite different.

I don't think so. The <modsnip> Nadeau is saying something quite different.

You'll have to be more explicit. Hellmann denied the prosecution's request.

What do you think this means?

You'll have to be more explicit. Hellmann denied the prosecution's request.

What do you think this means?

Perhaps this is better directed at SMK, who has stated that Nadeau <modsnip> not knowing how the judge would rule.

OK; I'll bite: what is she saying???:waitasec:

Indeed, that is my question for you. Please see above: "Help me out ... what exactly is the stupid, absurd, frighteningly and embarassingly misinformed Nadeau saying regarding the Supreme Court ruling?"
Originally Posted by SMK

"BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau

36 seconds ago

Quelle surprise. <modsnip>, I really do. She's only been following this case for, oh, nearly four years now.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.p...72#post7608972

<modsnip>know what they mean?

Salem, I have a question. Is it quite okay to take comments from other forums and post them here without any information about the author or meaning of the comment?

Indeed, that is my question for you. Please see above: "Help me out ... what exactly is the stupid, absurd, frighteningly and embarassingly misinformed Nadeau saying regarding the Supreme Court ruling?"

<modsnip>know what they mean?
I like London John, and I like his take on things...I linked back to it. If they want to remove it, it is fine by me. I have seen other members here link back to JREF quotes, so I assumed I could also do it. :innocent: I do think Nadeau has been tweeting strangely the past few days, and others elsewhere have noted this. In any case, Hellman denied the request, and unless someone informs me differently, I assume he will instruct the jury not to take the high court ruling on Guede into account here. If I am wrong, I will gladly accomodate new info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!