Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too... I have to say that I would probably said something similar. With accompanying eye roll. ;)
Yes, and it was always very clear to me why she would say what she said, and the exasperation she must have been feeling. Who would dream that this would later be used against her , for 4 years?? After my husband died young from cancer, and people at the funeral said things like, "He is at peace now", I said things like, "He did not want to be at peace. He wanted to f--ing live." I assumed they got my point.

Yes, and it was always very clear to me why she would say what she said, and the exasperation she must have been feeling. Who would dream that this would later be used against her , for 4 years?? After my husband died young from cancer, and people at the funeral said things like, "He is at peace now", I said things like, "He did not want to be at peace. He wanted to f--ing live." I assumed they got my point.

Reminds me of how when someone is obviously injured, there's always some well-intentioned idiot that asks, "Are you okay?" It's not easy to resist doing a 'what do you think?' type smack-down in response.

I don't even want to talk about my reaction to the 'at least now you have closure' idiocy that I had to deal with...

So sorry about your husband, SMK.

I think anyone who has dealt with the death of a close friend or family member can probably relate to the completely stupid things people say.

I was quite a bit older than AK when my mother died so I was able to refrain from the eye rolling I wanted to do...

Reminds me of how when someone is obviously injured, there's always some well-intentioned idiot that asks, "Are you okay?" It's not easy to resist doing a 'what do you think?' type smack-down in response.

I don't even want to talk about my reaction to the 'at least now you have closure' idiocy that I had to deal with...
Yes, I can only imagine how that added to your pain. I realize people are well-intentioned, but white washing seems to inflame one's anger, and this is how I read Knox's comment, like, "Well, what do you think? she died in her sleep?"--really said in defense of the victim, IMO....

So sorry about your husband, SMK.

I think anyone who has dealt with the death of a close friend or family member can probably relate to the completely stupid things people say.

I was quite a bit older than AK when my mother died so I was able to refrain from the eye rolling I wanted to do...
Thank you for your kind thoughts; I know it is difficult to lose a beloved no matter what age one is., and must have been difficult with your mother, I am sorry. :( I think with my husband's case, I had been given a lot of hope by certain doctors, and had envisioned him living on for decades. He looked young and boyish, and this gave a sense of hope-- And then there I was at his funeral, and felt more rage at his fate than anything else. And "peace" is not what one wants in the prime of life, as I am sure Meredith did not.

Just making a note of the coming schedule as I understand it:

Monday 26: civil parties
Tues 27: Knox closing
Thurs 29: Sollecito closing
Fri 30/Sat 1: Rebuttals

Mon Tues Oct 3, 4: Deliberation, Verdict

This drives me mad. When I think back to my year abroad I can see how this scenario could easily have played out between me and my friends.

I was living with a girl who was a little self-centered, loud, kind of rude at times through her candidness. She annoyed the heck out of me but we got on well mostly. I complained about her to some of my friends at times because living in close quarters that's just what happens. She had a local boyfriend, they barely spoke each others languages, and she had a serious boyfriend at home who did not know about this other guy. The boyfriend was kind of a lovable fool and their relationship was based on sex and my friend's feeling of unease at being away from her normal life.

If I had been (god forbid) murdered in our flat, there are so many dodgy types that we had been around who could have been connected, but that were not friends. I could also really see how things could get pinned on Charlie and her lover and how they would make it worse with their lack of social awareness. I can also imagine how comments I made about her could have been seen as us having serious problems which really weren't there.

Grrrr, it drives me totally mad because I can just see it so easily. Amanda is SO similar to my old friend.

This drives me mad. When I think back to my year abroad I can see how this scenario could easily have played out between me and my friends.

I was living with a girl who was a little self-centered, loud, kind of rude at times through her candidness. She annoyed the heck out of me but we got on well mostly. I complained about her to some of my friends at times because living in close quarters that's just what happens. She had a local boyfriend, they barely spoke each others languages, and she had a serious boyfriend at home who did not know about this other guy. The boyfriend was kind of a lovable fool and their relationship was based on sex and my friend's feeling of unease at being away from her normal life.

If I had been (god forbid) murdered in our flat, there are so many dodgy types that we had been around who could have been connected, but that were not friends. I could also really see how things could get pinned on Charlie and her lover and how they would make it worse with their lack of social awareness. I can also imagine how comments I made about her could have been seen as us having serious problems which really weren't there.

Grrrr, it drives me totally mad because I can just see it so easily. Amanda is SO similar to my old friend.
Yes, this is exactly it! Thank you for sharing, and one can see, as you say, just how easily this type of girl---normal, but annoying - can be spun into a killer, if the right elements fall into place...Yes, you made comments about her, but that does not mean the tension built to the point where she wanted to kill you. And yet this is what has been proposed regarding Knox! Roommates complain all the time, "I am so sick of her, she is such a slob, she had better not left another mess"---it is so common. You know, the other night, I was drifting off to sleep, thinking of nothing, and suddenly, it popped into my head, the downstairs boys, the drugs, the legal careers at stake, and I thought of Filomena being so quick to talk about MK and Knox falling out....it was a sort of revelation, made me very suspicious....Amanda : the perfect scapegoat???:waitasec:

Yes, this is exactly it! Thank you for sharing, and one can see, as you say, just how easily this type of girl---normal, but annoying - can be spun into a killer, if the right elements fall into place...Yes, you made comments about her, but that does not mean the tension built to the point where she wanted to kill you. And yet this is what has been proposed regarding Knox! Roommates complain all the time, "I am so sick of her, she is such a slob, she had better not left another mess"---it is so common. You know, the other night, I was drifting off to sleep, thinking of nothing, and suddenly, it popped into my head, the downstairs boys, the drugs, the legal careers at stake, and I thought of Filomena being so quick to talk about MK and Knox falling out....it was a sort of revelation, made me very suspicious....Amanda : the perfect scapegoat???:waitasec:

Exactly. Room mates will talk about one another. If you have never done it, you're probably the messy one! It is almost impossible to have a living situation where noone complains about anything. It doesn't mean anything sinister.

I'd also like to point out that the things that were said regarding AK being difficult to live with are nothing compared to what people have said about me - and I am really not that awful.

I lived with two OCD types who ended up ganging up, leaving shouting messages on my answerphone at work, nasty notes... it was horrible. Bullying really. I ended up so terrified of them that I didn't dare use my own kitchen. So the AK and MK tensions - nothing compared. Plus, the tensions are usually on the neat persons side - my room mates would have killed me, not the other way around.

Not sure what you're looking for here. Who knows why people like Scott Peterson, Knox, Sollecito and Guede give up their lives for murder. Perhaps one needs to be a murderer to understand their reasoning.

Only Peterson and Guede are murderers in this list. And their motivations are absolutely understandable and clear.

The other two are merely victims of an ever smaller mass delusion.

Only Peterson and Guede are murderers in this list. And their motivations are absolutely understandable and clear.

The other two are merely victims of an ever smaller mass delusion.
You said it.

If God willing the acquittals come, I really do fear a backlash from some quarters, as per this piece in the Sun:

rsz_knox+%25282%2529.png

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3835222/Dont-free-Amanda-Knox.html

Just making a note of the coming schedule as I understand it:

Monday 26: civil parties
Tues 27: Knox closing
Thurs 29: Sollecito closing
Fri 30/Sat 1: Rebuttals

Mon Tues Oct 3, 4: Deliberation, Verdict

I am uncomfortable with Oct 3 and 4th. How can they tell us right now how long deliberation and verdict will be?

I'd also like to point out that the things that were said regarding AK being difficult to live with are nothing compared to what people have said about me - and I am really not that awful.

I lived with two OCD types who ended up ganging up, leaving shouting messages on my answerphone at work, nasty notes... it was horrible. Bullying really. I ended up so terrified of them that I didn't dare use my own kitchen. So the AK and MK tensions - nothing compared. Plus, the tensions are usually on the neat persons side - my room mates would have killed me, not the other way around.

Thanks. that's what I was getting at in my earlier posts. MK's friends made it seem like the tension was on MK's side, so why is MK the one dead, if AK did it?

I have a question for those that continue to bring in AK's lies and condeming her for them how they can justify the lies that were shown during this appeal that the crime lab lady testified to and not condem the prosecution side for them in the same manner. (Sorry I can't remember her name)

My thoughts on this are based on the tape showing some of the evidence collection and based on what I saw watching that my view is all the forensics is tainted. If they were being that sloppy with the camera on them, how can I trust that they weren't even more sloppy when the video was off. Add to that the fact the prosecutor has also been convicted of a crime has me questioning the integrity of the entire prosecution team.

As a side note, it's good to know that a country is very much a police state, one whose police can seem to do what it wants to without cause, and without the ability for anyone in the public to complain. I find it ironic that prosecutor compared AK to nazi's when it was the nazi regime that also used police states as a means of controling who it wanted to control.

I am uncomfortable with Oct 3 and 4th. How can they tell us right now how long deliberation and verdict will be?

Hellmann has made up his mind. This case is over and it's just going through the motions. The verdict is already a foregone conclusion.

Knox was convicted for her crimes. She admitted that she was too stoned on the night of the murder to remember anything and she has no alibi. There is no excuse for what she did to Patrick. Meredith is nothing like this and has not been convicted of criminal activities. There is no comparison between the two. They both grow hair on their heads and they both like the clubs, but does not make them the same type of people. I see no reason to align convicted murderers with their victims.

Up until the night of the murder I think they did actually. You can't compare stuff from then on because as we all know nobody here knows the facts and it is a point of contention. Taking everything up until that point - yes they are similar girls in my opinion. Not identical of course, but not so different. Far more similar than I would be to either of them at that age.

The main point here is as other posters have stated the drug and sex issues which seem to be used as a character defect of Knox but are shared by Kercher and which any realistic individual would consider normal of that demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!