Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this article from 2007

"Then there is the other, secret side of this most enigmatic of accused murderers – the Amanda Knox who, ever since she was an impressionable teenager, has felt driven to aggressively compete with other women, most notably her own mother, for the attention of men...."

Just when I think the garbage surrounding this case can't be piled any higher!

AK became a killer because her mother married a younger man and "styled herself" with her new husband's name. 'Cause, like, women never do that: take the name of their husband.

Just when I think the garbage surrounding this case can't be piled any higher!

AK became a killer because her mother married a younger man and "styled herself" with her new husband's name. 'Cause, like, women never do that: take the name of their husband.

My understanding is that the person quoted, who apparently knew Amanda when she was growing up, viewed Amanda has having had some personal difficulties when her mother remarried and believed that Amanda began to act out and somewhat compete with her mom. The article also claims that Amanda did not form close personal relationships with women. I view the article as giving some insight into Amanda, perhaps telling us something about her relationship with Meredith.

From Edda's court transcript:

First she claims that Amanda did not say that she accused Patrick, then later says the opposite...

No, she doesn't. She characterizes what Amanda said as a hypothetical prompted by police rather than an actual accusation.

And she testifies she left the issue of Patrick Lumumba to AK's lawyers and, one presumes, PL's own lawyers. Given that EM was thousands of miles away and didn't speak the language, I don't find that surprising.

But I know, I know: since AK is the spawn of Satan, then her mother must be Satan's mistress.

Unfortunately, you describe to a T how the prosecutor chose to try this case in the media.

Is it possible that it was the Knox/Mellas family and their PR firm that pushed this case into mainstream media and who wished to control information such that it painted Knox as innocent ... trying the case in the media?

My understanding is that the person quoted, who apparently knew Amanda when she was growing up, viewed Amanda has having had some personal difficulties when her mother remarried and believed that Amanda began to act out and somewhat compete with her mom. The article also claims that Amanda did not form close personal relationships with women. I view the article as giving some insight into Amanda, perhaps telling us something about her relationship with Meredith.

It's tabloid trash. I assume you also believe Jennifer Aniston does nothing but plot revenge against Angelina Jolie.

But it does stand as a great example of the "abundance" of evidence you say one must consider in order to see AK's guilt.

How ironic Ms Subterfuge herself has defenders who claim others are the ones dramatizing and complicating matters.

If Ms Knox had not called attention to herself with her drama and lies the world wouldn’t have to vigorously refuse the particularly nasty toned brand of Kool-Aid offered up by her PR spin team.

On topic, imo, I don’t think she was angry in the traditional sense at Meredith, I think vengeful.

All IMO

Vengeful over what?

FYI, Meredith's last text message the night of Halloween to Amanda was signed with an "X", otherwise known as a kiss.

I understand that police were trying to get clarification on a text that Amanda sent to Patrick. For some reason, Amanda was not able to tell the truth, and instead accused Patrick of murdering Meredith. I have no idea why Amanda's alibi fell apart, but since Raffaele and Amanda were being questioned separately, it's possible that Raffaele stated that he could not be sure that he was with Amanda on the the night of the murder. He still stands behind that statement. Since Knox no longer had an alibi, police could have been looking for the truth. It's unfortunate that Amanda continued to lie.

Is it reasonable to assume that if Amanda had received a text from someone else that that person would have been accused of murder, or was there some reason Knox targeted Patrick?

Is there a reason you don't address the majority of the other points in my question regarding what we know happened during that interrogation? I appreciate your response, but it doesn't really answer the question.

You may discuss it right here! It might be a nice change of pace while we wait for the results of the appeal :)

Salem

Thank You ! :great:

This "thread", along with some other threads, have been very helpful to me in "catching up" on the case.

I did not follow this case when it first happened, so reading here at WS has made it so easy for me -- just start at the Thread 1 and keep going ...

Hope

Is it possible that it was the Knox/Mellas family and their PR firm that pushed this case into mainstream media and who wished to control information such that it painted Knox as innocent ... trying the case in the media?

No, it isn't possible. But even if it were, it wouldn't excuse the prosecutor. He has a different ethical responsibility than the parents of a defendant.

Is there a reason you don't address the majority of the other points in my question regarding what we know happened during that interrogation? I appreciate your response, but it doesn't really answer the question.

That's the best I can do ... and back at you about unanswered questions.

No, it isn't possible. But even if it were, it wouldn't excuse the prosecutor. He has a different ethical responsibility than the parents of a defendant.

So one of the first things Knox/Mellas did was hire a PR company that deals with media, but they didn't have any intention of using that service to get on numerous TV programs to talk about their daughter's innocence?

I don't think the prosecutors hired a PR firm.

That's the best I can do ... and back at you about unanswered questions.

I find it hard to believe that your best interpretation of how the interrogation went requires not acknowledging key parts of it, especially since it conveniently helps prove your point that she was not coerced. If we're going to honestly discuss the interrogation then all aspects need to be reconciled, not just cherry-picking the parts one likes.

Was there a question(s) you'd like me to answer? I'll be glad to do so. Sometimes I miss parts of the conversation as it does move rather fast and I can be busy with work.

I find it hard to believe that your best interpretation of how the interrogation went requires not acknowledging key parts of it, especially since it conveniently helps prove your point that she was not coerced. If we're going to honestly discuss the interrogation then all aspects need to be reconciled, not just cherry-picking the parts one likes.

Was there a question(s) you'd like me to answer? I'll be glad to do so. Sometimes I miss parts of the conversation as it does move rather fast and I can be busy with work.

I don't think I can explain in any more ways why I think 2 hours is ridiculously short for an honest, forthcoming woman to get completely turned around and forced to lie. It doesn't matter what police said, since she didn't understand it for the first hour ... and in the second hour she decided to lie to police. I also think her claims of being tortured for 14 hours looks rather stupid since we know that she accused Patrick in 2 hours.

Furthermore, she had ample opportunity to tell the truth at any point after the first lie and instead chose to stand behind the lie for another two weeks.

If she truly was coerced, why didn't she sort that out as soon as she had a lawyer, or a visit from her mom? Her silence reinforces the theory that she lied for some other reason.

I don't think I can explain in any more ways why I think 2 hours is ridiculously short for an honest, forthcoming woman to get completely turned around and forced to lie. It doesn't matter what police said, since she didn't understand it for the first hour ... and in the second hour she decided to lie to police. I also think her claims of being tortured for 14 hours looks rather stupid since we know that she accused Patrick in 2 hours.

Furthermore, she had ample opportunity to tell the truth at any point after the first lie and instead chose to stand behind the lie for another two weeks.

If she truly was coerced, why didn't she sort that out as soon as she had a lawyer, or a visit from her mom? Her silence reinforces the theory that she lied for some other reason.

Actually, it is rather simple

The police ask who did you send this text message to

She answers to Patrick

The problem was in the INTERPRETATION of the SEE YOU LATER! GOOD NIGHT!

To us it means GOOD NIGHT to Italians it means THERE IS A DEFINATE MEETING

So rather than clarify the misunderstanding caused by the language barrier, or have the interpreter clarify, or the lawyer, or her mom ... she lied and stood behind that lie until she was caught lying?

There is no reasonable explanation for that.

Hello,

Did anyone watch the movie tonight ?

On now is "Behind the Headlines: The AK Story" on Lifetime Channel.

Hope

Hello,

Did anyone watch the movie tonight ?

On now is "Behind the Headlines: The AK Story" on Lifetime Channel.

Hope

It's not on here yet. I'm DVR'ing it and the afterwards part, but don't plan to watch it until tomorrow or later. Anyone else?

So rather than clarify the misunderstanding caused by the language barrier, or have the interpreter clarify, or the lawyer, or her mom ... she lied and stood behind that lie until she was caught lying?

There is no reasonable explanation for that.

Have you ever heard the cliche "Officer there must be some sort of misunderstanding..." and how far that might go in the eyes of law enforcement, especially when they are convinced of something?

For ILE there was no misunderstanding to clarify. To them they had a clear message from Amanda to Patrick saying "I'll see you tonight". Amanda's attempts at clarifying that she didn't meet him nor set up a rendez-vous were clear. Had she not tried to protest this notion there would have been no need for Plan B which was You were traumatized which is why you don't remember meeting Patrik at the cottage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA