Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that assuming anyone committed any crime simply because of their level of attractiveness is not an intelligent nor fair or reliable view.

I'm sure you weren't implying that I ever assumed AK was a murderer b/c of her supposed "angel face."

In any case, I didn't mention anything about people indicating AK was a murderer because she was "pretty." However, numerous people, online and in person (ie: my friends and co-workers) have stated that they don't think AK could murder anyone because she is too pretty. And I do find that sad and shallow.
:seeya:
No, I was making a general comment. I think Knox's looks should have had nothing to do with any suspicion of her as a murder suspect, but this was far from the case ( I am thinking of Burleigh's book, The Fatal Gift of Beauty" here.)

We all know pretty girls can kill or be sexually perverted. Yes, it is silly for anyone to say, "She is too pretty or sweet to kill" (think Karla Homolka, Brenda Wiley). But it is just as wrong to view the "Angel Face" as being the mark of the depravity ( I am thinking of Mignini and much of his commentary on her looks.)

I never thought she was pretty.

She gives me the creeps.

Has from the first time I laid eyes on her.

There was a picture in the paper of her after the verdict was read in the court room and she looked evil. Like a malevolent jack a lantern or the Joker.

Her type does seem to thrive in prison as some have noted.

That’s how you know what they are really like when prison agrees with them.

Not surprised she never lost any sleep worrying over poor Meredith she never did seem much bothered anyway.

Obviously I don’t care for the girl but I really don’t mind if she profits. In fact I wouldn’t expect any less of her.

all imo

Those who don't like AK will probably be making much about her "profiting" from a crime.... But considering all the legal expenses and all she went through, it would be nice if she winds up being financially secure for the rest of her life, IMO.
I agree!

Waaay too much for a newbie here to read.

I'm glad that she's free. As an Italian who has family there, and family here that has studied in Italy and done business there, I can easily say that this is one of our worst fears. The Italian Judicial system is far different than ours is and this case was a perfect example of what can happen.

I feel bad for the family of MK as there has been valuable time and money put into a lost cause rather than searching for the real answers in their daughters murder. I hope someone is able to help them now and that they are able to get past the "AK did it and got away with it" phase.

Waaay too much for a newbie here to read.

I'm glad that she's free. As an Italian who has family there, and family here that has studied in Italy and done business there, I can easily say that this is one of our worst fears. The Italian Judicial system is far different than ours is and this case was a perfect example of what can happen.

I feel bad for the family of MK as there has been valuable time and money put into a lost cause rather than searching for the real answers in their daughters murder. I hope someone is able to help them now and that they are able to get past the "AK did it and got away with it" phase.

Well said!

She gives me the creeps.

There was a picture in the paper of her after the verdict was read in the court room and she looked evil. Like a malevolent jack a lantern or the Joker.

Not surprised she never lost any sleep worrying over poor Meredith she never did seem much bothered anyway.

Obviously I don’t care for the girl but I really don’t mind if she profits. In fact I wouldn’t expect any less of her.

all imo

Respectfully bolded by me.

We should all be very careful about using photographs and small video shots to judge people's characters for good or ill. Here's why:

Ever wonder why press photographers take zillions of photos in a row of their subjects? This is so that their editors can shop through a wide variety of angles and expressions etc until they find one that conveys the impression that they desire. Snipping video to show things like laughter or smiles without the surrounding context is a similar trick of the trade. A good media editor with enough material could make Mother Theresa look as evil as Hitler, or vice versa. The tools of propaganda did not die with Goebbels, they just got more subtle and effective, and fell into the hands of the private sector.

She gives me the creeps.

all imo
I guess her looks do not much matter; or whether she creeps one out or not.

I do not believe prison agreed with her at all - she was desperate to get out. She looks great now because she feels a burden has been lifted.

I hope she makes 10 M on an interview, and some more millions on a book or film. I think Guede killed the Kercher girl on his own.

I guess her looks do not much matter; or whether she creeps one out or not.

I do not believe prison agreed with her at all - she was desperate to get out. She looks great now because she feels a burden has been lifted.

I hope she makes 10 M on an interview, and some more millions on a book or film. I think Guede killed the Kercher girl on his own.

BBM

Indeed, if people will recall, she looked like hell towards the end of the appeals. Many here remarked on that, including those who interpreted it as a sign of 'guilt catching up with her'. To use photos from a week later to imply that 'prison agreed with her' or somesuch is a move that makes me shake my head in wonder...

BBM

Indeed, if people will recall, she looked like hell towards the end of the appeals. Many here remarked on that, including those who interpreted it as a sign of 'guilt catching up with her'. To use photos from a week later to imply that 'prison agreed with her' or somesuch is a move that makes me shake my head in wonder...

Right. She is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

If she cries, it is guilt. If she smiles, it is lunacy. If she looks pale and wan awaiting a verdict which could mean life in prison for her, it is guilt. If she looks carefree and girlish, she is depraved, and prison life agreed with her.

It never occurs to anyone that this is a girl, and not a witch - and her smile? it is the relief of the wrongfully convicted, finally vindicated. Hellman is her savior; I hope she winds up with about 18 M, and goes her merry way.

Respectfully bolded by me.

We should all be very careful about using photographs and small video shots to judge people's characters for good or ill. Here's why:

Ever wonder why press photographers take zillions of photos in a row of their subjects? This is so that their editors can shop through a wide variety of angles and expressions etc until they find one that conveys the impression that they desire. Snipping video to show things like laughter or smiles without the surrounding context is a similar trick of the trade. A good media editor with enough material could make Mother Theresa look as evil as Hitler, or vice versa. The tools of propaganda did not die with Goebbels, they just got more subtle and effective, and fell into the hands of the private sector.

You said that so sweet!

I do know that but thank you for explaining in case I didn’t.

I’m a news junkie and it was a great photo because it epitomized her look.

I know they take lots of photos also in the chance that the mask is lifted and the micro expressions are revealed.

It’s like Casey Anthony. I see it in her face.

Too bad AK’s followers think she looked so bad right before her release- looked the same to me but I hear ya that she was all worried about herself and got a little frowny.

Poor thing havin to make her millions off a wonderful girl’s murder.

Just my opinion

You said that so sweet!

I do know that but thank you for explaining in case I didn’t.

I’m a news junkie and it was a great photo because it epitomized her look.

I know they take lots of photos also in the chance that the mask is lifted and the micro expressions are revealed.

It’s like Casey Anthony. I see it in her face.

Too bad AK’s followers think she looked so bad right before her release- looked the same to me but I hear ya that she was all worried about herself and got a little frowny.

Poor thing havin to make her millions off a wonderful girl’s murder.

Just my opinion
No, the millions will be made from her wrongful conviction and ensuing acquittal. Rudy Guede, the probable murderer, is in prison, and not making millions.

No, the millions will be made from her wrongful conviction and ensuing acquittal. Rudy Guede, the probable murderer, is in prison, and not making millions.

In the murder of Meredith thus making her followers wished for her millions off of poor dead Meredith.

Maybe she will keep her mouth shut and her fans can just send money directly.

all imo

In the murder of Meredith thus making her followers wished for her millions off of poor dead Meredith.

Maybe she will keep her mouth shut and her fans can just send money directly.

all imo
???:waitasec:

???:waitasec:

Sorry, key board problems right when I am in the middle of a fuss.

That is a reply to your first sentence.

It is off of Meredith either way of looking at it.

AK has her whole life ahead of her and the hopes on this thread are that she will profit from it and there is no way of getting around it is at Meredith expense.

Agree to disagree.

Will leave you to your celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members