Mexico - 10 members of Polygamist LeBaron Family murdered, Sonora, Nov 2019 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
if they moved there after they married or if their parents were born there(like Romneys Dad)
They would have dual citizenship
That makes sense. Just confusing because the sect itself has been living in Mexico for over four decades.

At least 9 US citizens die in cartel attack in north Mexico

Drug cartel gunmen ambushed three SUVs along a dirt road, slaughtering at least six children and three women — all of them U.S. citizens living in northern Mexico — in a grisly attack that left one of their vehicles a burned-out, bullet-riddled hulk, authorities said Tuesday.

The dead included 8-month-old twins. At least five other youngsters were wounded by gunfire.

Mexican Security Secretary Alfonso Durazo said the attackers may have mistaken the group’s large SUVs for those of rival gangs.

But all of the victims were believed to be members of the extended LeBaron family, who live in a decades-old settlement founded by an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have run afoul of the drug traffickers over the years. A LeBaron was killed a decade ago after denouncing the cartels.

Could this be some kind of retaliation against family members of Julian Lebaron? He is an activist against crime in Chihuahua. His brother Benjamin Lebaron was the leader of a group called SOS Chihuahua and was killed in 2009.At least nine American Mormon community members killed in Mexico
I forgot to add that it was Julian's cousin that was killed in the ambush.

Last edited:
Could this be some kind of retaliation against family members of Julian Lebaron? He is an activist against crime in Chihuahua. His brother Benjamin Lebaron was the leader of a group called SOS Chihuahua and was killed in 2009.At least nine American Mormon community members killed in Mexico

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/22/AR2009072203738.html

Amid the blood and mesquite at the site of his last breath, Benjamin LeBaron's killers posted a sign that read: "This is for the leaders of LeBaron who didn't believe and who still don't believe."

"We're living in a war zone, but it's a war zone with little kids running all around in the yard," said Julian LeBaron, a brother of the slain leader. Like most members of the Mormon enclave, he has dual Mexican-American citizenship and speaks Spanish and English fluently.

I was just getting ready to post this, so thank you. I’ll definitely be following...

I think there may be more to this story but the cartels are ruthless and unforgiving. It’s not just the drugs that kill people...it’s the operations that do.

(getting off my pharmaceutical high horse now and sitting on my hands)
My own thoughts as well.

• At least nine U.S. citizens, including six children, who live in the Mexican border state of Sonora were killed in a shooting attack Monday
  • Rhonita Maria LeBaron, died along with her 6-month-old twins and her two other children, aged 10 and 12
  • Christina Langford Johnson, Dawna Langford and two of Dawna's children, aged 11 and three, were also killed
  • The victims belong to the LeBaron family - a breakaway Mormon community that settled in the hills of northern Mexico decades ago
  • The family members were traveling in three cars from the community: One mother was heading to Phoenix while the other two mothers were driving to Chihuahua for a wedding on Friday
  • Family members say one of the mothers had broken down after getting a flat tire
  • Mexico's top security official Alfonso Durazo said on Tuesday cartel gunmen may have mistaken the group's large SUVs for rival gangs
  • Nine of the family members were slaughtered in the massacre and one child was still missing. Six children were wounded in the attack and five have since been transferred to hospitals in Phoenix, Arizona
  • Relatives say one boy managed to hide his wounded siblings - some less than a year old - in bushes before he ran back to their community to get help after his mother was gunned down
  • One of the mothers who was killed managed to save her seven-month-old baby's life by throwing the infant to the floor of their SUV as bullets tore through the vehicle
  • Three American mothers and at least six of their children are killed by Mexican drug cartel gunmen | Daily Mail Online

I wonder why they had dual citizenship since that sect has lived in Mexico for more than 40 years? Just curious. I just cannot imagine living in a Mexican/US border area with children right now. Terribly dangerous—so sad. :(
Could be that the families kept their US citizenship in order to receive government assistance such as SNAP. In the United States polygamy is illegal so a single woman with children qualifies for assistance. A man can only legally marry one woman so his other "wives" are considered single mothers.

Why would you have 3 cars with female and child family members travel without men or protection of some kind?Why no men with them?

The men may have been working but they apparently have protection in their homes.

Law-Abiding Mexicans Taking Up Illegal Guns

This is a 2012 article about Colonial Lebaron.

Alex LeBaron is undeterred. "I have to stress very strongly that if the federal government, the state government or the local government cannot protect you from the cartels or any criminal groups, we should be able to protect ourselves. That's the bottom line," he says.

Asked if the community is openly flouting federal gun laws, he replies: "Yes. We have to."

Thank you! The news seems to be leaving out the reason large families with dual citizenship were living in a dangerous part of Mexico. And keeps saying they are members of the Mormon church. I'm sure LDS church leaders are not amused.
Right!? I saw the headline and the photo of the blonde victim. Then I saw S0nora and I was like whaaaa? Something ain't right. There is more to this story. And then to see the LeBaron name! Dang. Going to be a wild ride, this one.

Where, exectly did this occur.

If one vehicle was traveling to Phoenix & the other to Chihuahua they would have been travleing in opposite directions, if these attacks occured on the mai road.

I had read they were all traveling to Bavispe.

Where is LaMora? I’m having trouble finidng a town in that region with that name?

How far did that little boy have to run to find help?

Where, exectly did this occur.

If one vehicle was traveling to Phoenix & the other to Chihuahua they would have been travleing in opposite directions, if these attacks occured on the mai road.

I had read they were all traveling to Bavispe.

Where is LaMora? I’m having trouble finidng a town in that region with that name?

How far did that little boy have to run to find help?
I read it took him,the little boy 6 hours to get back home
I’ll look for the link
I would think someone would’ve gone looking for them before then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back