Mexico - Arlington TX Firefighter Elijah Snow, wed anniversary found dead at Cancun resort, Jul 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are 2 other abnormalities in the first set of photos- the postmortem photos posted on the Daily Mail as " Autopsy Photos" provided by family from coroner in Mexico.

1) First photo- This is the posterior head, neck and shoulders showing a fireman's tattoo, and reddened areas.

Look at the background. It is of a tiled WALL. The man is standing in the corner, because both walls are different. There is a sheet loosely in front of his anterior chest if you look closely. This is to simulate an autopsy table ( badly). One takes photos of a corpse in prone and supine positions, meaning they are placed on their back, then are lying on their abdomen.
NOT standing up. A deceased person cannot stand, of course. Propping a body up is extremely disrespectful and could also easily fall and injure the corpse, in which case they really would have their hands full from the family attorneys.

The person in the photo has to be standing up against a tiled section of a wall. The autopsy table is metal, possibly covered in plastic, with numerous buckets and weights for measuring the weight of internal organs.
There is NO WAY to keep the blood and body fluids inside a decaying body out of TILE GROUT.
This photo must be a fake.
A live man was photographed. The tattoo may be superimposed on the photo in the correct location. Note it is not scraped or damaged. This is my opinion but it is also common sense.

Second error is glaring and I don't know why I didn't see this. His hand is NOT flexed naturally.
It is my firm belief that a live person is holding a folded sheet or small pillow, likely with the photo taken prematurely.

A deceased person cannot HOLD anything. His hands would have been placed in a neutral position for photography. What is the point of this photo? All I can say is that this is the hand of a person with circulation to the fingers and fingernails. There is no cyanosis or hypoxic change found postmortem. ( Blue color and paleness of the hand).
The grasping of the object on the table is a mistake. Likely the male photography model was also the assistant present.

Look closely, everyone. I have stated why the window photos are not true to what one would see with the arms hanging out the window and a man with a large behind and wearing long dark pants shown from behind.

This is FUBARed, IMO. I do not trust the integrity of the photos, and none of us TRULY know the source or sources or the reason for their publication in tabloid style popular sites.

A man who helped others has died, and he deserves respectful honesty, not possibly manufactured sensationalistic photographs purported to be of his dead body. I'm not sure he was ever close to a window now. I'm also not sure he was out of his hotel room late at night either. This is JMO, and this is as honest as I can be, and be true to myself and to you about what I wrote yesterday about the injuries. It could all be digital manipulation using a live male of the approximate size of Mr. Snow. Makeup used in hairy areas to simulate bruising.
I am choosing to err on the side of the deceased victim and of caution.

Elijah Snow's family share autopsy photos, revealing heavy bruising to firefighter's body | Daily Mail Online

Good eye! I notice something that’s a clear indication of photo manipulation on the 2nd autopsy photo that I can’t unsee pertaining to the forehead pic. The man’s hair on his right side is naturally choppy but the left side is impossibly perfectly cut in a straight line - an obvious indication of a cropped photo IMO.

Imo, those are not his hands unblurred at the center of the photo. It is part of the building. His hands and arms are blurred and dangling in front of his head on the left and right.

Also imo, you can't see his full legs and they are not touching the floor. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have died that way.

OK about the hands.
I still call BS on that very long torso and long legs- just what we can SEE is longer than a 5'7'' person would be.

Are you understanding what I am saying? I'm saying it's another person OR a dummy.
A crime scene mockup.
You're saying his legs are even longer than what is shown, and I'm very sure that we are seeing a photograph of a large tall man.

We can disagree, that's fine. The proof will come to light, the truth will be known. The fact that the driver's license has the exact same photo and signature as the firearm carry permit card should raise huge suspicions. All Mexico did was change the color of one to black and white, when it's a color photo actually.

In reality, the DL office is very different from the gun carry permit locations. The photos are taken at different times, and they look different slightly to moderately because we don't duplicate our signature exactly and we definitely do not look the same from photo to photo. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I'm curious, why would bruises be "created" on a corpse if the idea is to prove he wasn't murdered?

Because the narrative is that he drank himself almost into oblivion, then left his hotel for places unknown. Was a stumbling, bumbling drunk man who fell down on the hard outdoor stone and concrete surfaces- they even showed the stairs between the two resorts on the Daily Mail. The point being " He fell here, and he fell there, and he slid down these steps, and at SOME POINT, he ended up in a bathroom window, and he struggled and struggled ( to get in or out, depending on which narrative one is following), causing MORE bruising. Finally, he died in the window because he was deprived of oxygen due to being wedged in at his chest level, and could not breathe. "
COD- very rare Mechanical Asphyxiation.

Apologies for my last post not having the MSM link, here it is.

<mod note - link is permitted, but screenshots from this article may not be posted to respect the deceased and his family>

Confirman que muerte de bombero de EU ocurrió al quedar atorado en unos baños

Is the third pic supposed to suggest this alleged window was not only inside a bathroom but was situated inside a shower stall? The translated article also indicated ES’s death occurred while attempting to enter the bathroom, not exit as in a possible scenario such as he was locked inside. Therefore the 2nd photo makes no sense if it was chest area being constricted by the window frame.

According to the forensic experts' report, the cause of death was due to mechanical asphyxia due to thoracic-abdominal compression due to being trapped in a window while trying to enter a bathroom.

Due to the height, he was unable to support his feet as the upper part of his body was stuck, so he lost mobility and there was no point of support to free himself.”

Also, how are we certain the body was cremated? Translated as well -
In this sense, the firefighter's father-in-law mentioned to the media in the United States that the family is carrying out the processes to transfer the body to its country of origin and asked the Mexican authorities to do their job to clarify everything that happened.”

Last edited:
These are correct. Compare and contrast with what Mexico mocked up for Elijah Snow.

Officials from Texas would surely be able to determine the authenticity of this photo DL and License to Carry Card. It’s absolutely perplexing to me how anyone would think they could get away with fabricating ID contained within an official autopsy report and more so, what purpose would it serve if his ID was in his wallet when the body was found?

I’m not questioning the fact that one indeed the photo and signature appear to be an exact copy of the another at all, but there’s always a reason why ID is forged. I just can’t think what possible direction it could be pointing toward in this case other than ID was manufactured to prove the autopsy was conducted on ES’s body for some unknown but nefarious reason???

JMO

Officials from Texas would surely be able to determine the authenticity of this photo DL and License to Carry Card. It’s absolutely perplexing to me how anyone would think they could get away with fabricating ID contained within an official autopsy report and more so, what purpose would it serve if his ID was in his wallet when the body was found?

I’m not questioning the fact that one indeed the photo and signature appear to be an exact copy of the another at all, but there’s always a reason why ID is forged. I just can’t think what possible direction it could be pointing toward in this case other than ID was manufactured to prove the autopsy was conducted on ES’s body for some unknown but nefarious reason???

JMO

I just want to say:

We also do not KNOW that the people in Mexico have fabricated any part of ANYTHING. We do not KNOW the origin of the photos the Daily Mail paid for. We do not KNOW the origin of the photos on the Mexico website.
Without knowing the chain of events and seeing things we are never going to see because of privacy laws, we have to apply our best logic to every sentence coming out from the family and the officials in Mexico, and any photographs related to the crime, IMO.

I do not think there's some conspiracy to cover up the death of Mr. Snow. <modsnip> Just IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for clearing it up. Good work, new member, and welcome to WS!!! :)
Wish I didn't have to go in for a new DL any day now.

Good luck! I’m a fellow Texan. . My poor mom had to make an appointment for her renewal and it was months out!!! She couldn’t even pick up some of her medications because her DL was expired. I hope things have settled down now.

I can't adjust my spatial reasoning to make sense of what the various pictures show us.
From the outside the window is low to the ground, and I had figured he crawled out and got stuck and died of the chest compression. However, in the Mexico photos, from the inside with the shower stall, the window is much higher up. I don't see what I, as a layperson with no medical knowledge, would presume to be a fatal situation. This man's chest does not appear to be crushed.
I'm not good at judging dimensions, and I cannot easily gauge this man's height. He may be shorter than he seems as we cannot see his feet. In my mind I had pictured a far more horizontal position from which ES could not wriggle his way out. I don't know what I think anymore.
I do still think it's unlikely that kidnappers would murder a tourist without issuing a ransom demand. If ES were murdered after a fight or robbery, I can't imagine why they'd put his body somewhere where it protruded and would eventually be seen.
I'm super confused at this point.

Something I’m also curious about is the glass or grate covering for the window. It looks like some type of cover was removed from the window. Was that removed to free him? Or was it already open…I’d think Mexico would have mosquito issues just like texas does. I can’t see them having an open window in a resort however it was an employee bathroom.

I would also like to think he could have kicked off on those shower fixtures to gain momentum out of that window.

I definitely think his passing is being covered up due to tourism being Mexico’s lifeblood.

I’d also like to know what happened to his clothes!

Mr. Snow's height?

{{{ETA: Whether 5'07" or 5'09" would it change anyone's opinion about authenticity of pix shown by MSM? Or other events? }}}

Not necessarily relevant to CoD or MoD or anything else, but this caught my attn.
Per Daily Mail* pic's caption: "Snow's stepfather David Oujesky told DailyMail.com it makes no sense that his stepson, an extremely fit, 175-pound, 5' 09' Professional firefighter."
Per Spanish language newspaper** pix of Snow's TX driver license & TX license to carry handgun showed: 5' 07". Handgun license shows blurry-to-me number - 163 pounds? - but not sure.
I don't see a field for weight on driver license but may be missing it. Anyone?

Last edited:
Something I’m also curious about is the glass or grate covering for the window. It looks like some type of cover was removed from the window. Was that removed to free him? Or was it already open…I’d think Mexico would have mosquito issues just like texas does. I can’t see them having an open window in a resort however it was an employee bathroom.

I would also like to think he could have kicked off on those shower fixtures to gain momentum out of that window.

I definitely think his passing is being covered up due to tourism being Mexico’s lifeblood.

I’d also like to know what happened to his clothes!

Idk whether there was a covering on that window, but, ime, mosquitos are not a problem in the Hotel Zone. I think they are probably highly treated for in the hotel zone, as is the potable water. They ARE a problem in the inland rain forest, as is the potable water.

That would make sense. I know they try to keep the resorts pristine!!

But from the pics doesn’t it LOOK like there was some type of cover removed? Just wondering if I’m the only one who sees that.

Yes, it looks like a outside cover was removed. My guess would be that it was wooden slats in a frame, but that's a TOTAL guess based on my experience at the hotels there.

I feel that I must speak up in view of the second set of photos out of Mexico which I am almost 100% certain are fakes.
Oh, my goodness. I don’t even know what to say. My experience has only been with living, severely injured people. When in fights, they are bruised at the face, back of head/neck, knuckles or palms, forearms, knees if forced down, and upper torso. With lots of exceptions, of course. I just haven’t seen any inner thigh bruises except after surgery.
But I have no idea with these photos, after reading your post. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmb9201
Back