Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if her story is true....but, the situation is pathetic. Mexican pirates robbing people on the USA side of the lake and they can't be stopped?? Really?? That infuriates me! :furious::furious:

I noticed the no tears also. She could have been cried out by this morning or as Kimberlyd125 said Somer Thompson's mother was the same way. These drug cartels in Mexico are heartless monsters killing anyone that gets in their way men, women, pregnant women, helpless elderly and children. It makes no sense why they didn't shoot her also. She saw their faces and boat. I feel horrible for even having these thoughts about this woman and when it's proven she had noting to do with it I will smack myself upside the head for her.

You said it right there, they will kill ANYONE! She stated, in one interview I saw on NG, that she was face to face with one of the pirates and he did nothing just looked at her and sped away? Incredible.

You said it right there, they will kill ANYONE! She stated, in one interview I saw on NG, that she was face to face with one of the pirates and he did nothing just looked at her and sped away? Incredible.

I did some searching on this story using "did tiffany hartley shoot her husband" I'm sorry I do not have any links. One comment I saw was that some of these monsters are teens in training. If that was the case it makes a more sense. Maybe the witness saw more than we know today. If she was struggling trying to get him on her jet ski even for a brief period I'd like to know if she has any bruises on her body. From what I understand she was small about 110 lbs and he was 230. Also they have been all over today begging for help even asking the president. IMO if she had planned this she would have to know this would eventually become a huge story. Spouses who plan to murder another spouse would not want all this attention. She not only has it but she is begging for government help also.

I have to say that part really bothered me. If my husband were killed, I would be in pieces. I don't know if I would be ready to go on national tv that soon after. They would have to sedate me or something.

I totally agree. I know everyone is different. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to go on national TV. My husband is my entire world (well, my husband and my children..) and my best friend. If he died (especially if I ahd to see him shot..as alleged in this story..) I would NOT be able to go on national TV.

However, everyone handles it differently. But the fact she didn't cry or show really any sort of emotion other than some sniffling was extremely odd to me. Especially because she supposedly SAW it happen. I can't believe she isn't more traumitized.

I did some searching on this story using "did tiffany hartley shoot her husband" I'm sorry I do not have any links. One comment I saw was that some of these monsters are teens in training. If that was the case it makes a more sense. Maybe the witness saw more than we know today. If she was struggling trying to get him on her jet ski even for a brief period I'd like to know if she has any bruises on her body. From what I understand she was small about 110 lbs and he was 230. Also they have been all over today begging for help even asking the president. IMO if she had planned this she would have to know this would eventually become a huge story. Spouses who plan to murder another spouse would not want all this attention. She not only has it but she is begging for government help also.

You make some very valid and interesting points.

However, I'm confused about one thing. Did SHE appeal for help from the government or did HIS FAMILY appeal for help from the government? The interviews I saw all over the news today were all of his mother and his sister asking for help from Obama, the Mexican president, etc. I haven't seen his wife make any sort of appeals for help.

I could believe that one pirate might have more of a heart and not kill the woman, but it is odd that they were speeding away and she could tell that her husband was shot in the back of the head. You'd think the impact would be quickly knocking him off the jet ski and blood might fly where she couldn't tell exactly where he was shot. It may have happened like she said. Arizona is the kidnap capital of the U.S. due to Mexico type kidnappings. Guess it's new way of life for us over here now, and probably even worse on the border, which shouldn't even be considered the U.S.

I totally agree. I know everyone is different. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to go on national TV. My husband is my entire world (well, my husband and my children..) and my best friend. If he died (especially if I ahd to see him shot..as alleged in this story..) I would NOT be able to go on national TV.

However, everyone handles it differently. But the fact she didn't cry or show really any sort of emotion other than some sniffling was extremely odd to me. Especially because she supposedly SAW it happen. I can't believe she isn't more traumitized.

BBM
See, this is the part that baffles me. Maybe she is REALLY traumitized. Maybe that's why there are no tears. KWIM

I mean, I don't know how I would act if I SAW my husband shot in the head and had to leave him because I was being shot at. Maybe she is in some sort of shock and the reality hasn't hit her quite yet.

I also agree that if I had shot and killed my husband and made up this elaborate story, I would not want to be on all these shows being picked apart.

I'm leaning more to the fact I think she is telling the truth.

But, there are a lot of questions I have and would like them answered before I can say one way or the other.

That was a common complaint about DT in Somer Thompson's case too. That convinced many that she had something to do with Somer's murder or at least knew who did.

As we know now, she had nothing to do with it and didn't even know the perp who lived in the neighborhood.

I learned not to judge during that case. FWIW

She may be on medication. Believe it or not, there are several medications that prevent tears. We just don't know.

Like I said before, I have no clue what happened. But I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until I hear something that points to her.

That could very well be.

You make some very valid and interesting points.

However, I'm confused about one thing. Did SHE appeal for help from the government or did HIS FAMILY appeal for help from the government? The interviews I saw all over the news today were all of his mother and his sister asking for help from Obama, the Mexican president, etc. I haven't seen his wife make any sort of appeals for help.

She did make an appeal on Fox news. During the interview she was confronted about the Mexican Gov't not believing her story.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/0...-husbands-body-alleged-mexican-pirate-attack/

I could believe that one pirate might have more of a heart and not kill the woman, but it is odd that they were speeding away and she could tell that her husband was shot in the back of the head. You'd think the impact would be quickly knocking him off the jet ski and blood might fly where she couldn't tell exactly where he was shot. It may have happened like she said. Arizona is the kidnap capital of the U.S. due to Mexico type kidnappings. Guess it's new way of life for us over here now, and probably even worse on the border, which shouldn't even be considered the U.S.

It did according to what she said in her interview here
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39515440/ns/today-today_people/ @ the 4:43 time

Has this been posted yet?

"Three boats approached them, waving guns talking in Spanish," he [the Good Samaritan] said. "They got scared, spooked then they heard the gunshots going on. She could see they were hitting the water and the water was coming up at them. All of a sudden she sees her husband flying off."

Tiffany told him she turned around to go take care of her husband, but two pirates went after her jetski. One pirate held a gun to her head. Once he left she tried to pull her husband body onto her jetski but she didn't have the strength.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/stor...er-on-Falcon-Lake/uswGSvm9Hku0eC9foze9Yw.cspx

I haven't read/heard this account before - of one of the *pirates* holding a gun to Tiffany Hartley's head.

Anyone else?

I have been trying to follow this story all day but failing miserably. I caught a bit on Fox w/Shep and he said she had been appearing on all of the morning news programs and recounting the shooting each time. Apparently she told the story of the pirate holding a gun to her head on one or two of the programs but then left it out when reciting the story other times. That's what is causing so many to question her. I felt the story was believable when I heard there was a witness. I don't know what to think at this point!

Thx Blondie - I don't know what to think, either.

It's kind of astounding that after shooting & killing her husband, one of them held a gun to her head, but then for some unknown reason just let her go unharmed - especially since she's a potential witness to an alleged homicide.

Thx Blondie - I don't know what to think, either.

It's kind of astounding that after shooting & killing her husband, one of them held a gun to her head, but then for some unknown reason just let her go unharmed - especially since she's a potential witness to an alleged homicide.

I think that's the part that's the most baffling to me (aside from WHY the pirates did this in the first place..) is how come she wasn't killed as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad this wasn't a double homicide..but it makes no sense for them to let her go knowing that she would obviously call the police, it would be all over the news, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon