Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have seen a different Today show, because I thought she looked devastated and very sad this morning.

To me, being dubious of her tale, this seems an extrapolation of the Charles Stuart / Susan Smith falsehoods, with Mexicans playing the scapegoated role of imaginary bad guys instead of blacks. It fits the mood of fear of Hispanics present in our country at this time.

I'm wondering if the as yet unidentified "witness" will turn out to be an acquaintance for hers.

Salem,
I think they each had a jet ski, and she came back to the US on hers.....she is claiming the pirates took her husband's body and his jet ski. She called 911 once she was back on US territory.

You are right though. If they start spotting a pirate on a jet ski, that would be what I would call a clue......:Banane38:

Thanks! I was under the impression that both jet skis were taken by the pirates but I guess that is not the case, right? Only his jet ski has been taken and her's made it back to shore? That makes more sense to me.

Salem

Lengthy San Antonio Express-News article states family concerns plus doubts about story's veracity; includes lengthy statement from U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar regarding the issue.
Family of alleged Falcon Lake victim says it's time to speak out
Web Posted: 10/05/2010 2:10 PM CDT
---
Tiffany Hartley told the Express-News she'd heard nothing from the federal agencies she thought would be taking charge and getting answers about the search for her husband's body. Instead, she thinks they are tiptoeing around scared Mexican authorities, and like them are hoping the story about incursions on Falcon Lake goes away.

“I think they're all too worried with elections and everything else and anything and everything other than our border,” she said in a shaking voice from the studios of KURV radio, her sister Nikki at times holding her for support.

“They need to have a realization, a wake-up call. ... We need to get people down here. We need to get our Army and military and whoever. We need to double our Border Patrol and take back the lake. Why in the heck do they have that lake? They have most of that lake.”
---
Comments on media sites, news reports out of Mexico, and at least one border business leader have expressed skepticism about Tiffany's story, some wondering why a couple would go there to begin with, others suggesting a “drug deal gone bad.”

The prosecutor's office for the northern Mexican state of Tamaulipas said they hadn't received a formal complaint and so had conducted only an informal search. Investigators in Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas, across from Roma, told the McAllen Monitor they had doubts about the whole story.

Chad Foster, former Eagle Pass mayor and prominent member of the Texas Border Coalition, also raised questions.

“What was the shooters' gain? Why let the wife go? Any domestic discord?” he asked.
---

much more, at
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/fa..._speak_out_104360539.html?c=y&page=1#storytop

I'm toubled by this story.
I don't know what is true.

But I will not blame the victim or his wife (family) until I hear more.

We can't tell by looking at her or hearing her speak in a 5 minute interview that she is lieing.

I will pray for this family and wait for more details.

JMO

I find it funny that she wasn't hit by 1 bullet yet, he gets hit in the head?!?
Saw her on the Today Show this morning and she's just not believable to me. jmo

JMO

This was a really interesting statement from the article linked by wfgodot:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/fa..._speak_out_104360539.html?c=y&page=2#storytop

Tiffany said they had been aware of the warnings issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety in May about “pirates” shaking down U.S. boaters. But since they hadn't heard of any more recent incidents, they went sightseeing at Falcon Lake in August. Last Thursday was their second outing to the area.

I watched a video earlier and she mentioned something about him and a company in Matamoros, wonder what that was about?

ETA: In this video she states that they lived in Reynosa for 2.5 years and were about to move back to CO....AND that she had to go back through the pirates to get back to the US side! :waitasec:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-pi...erican-begs-hillary-clinton/story?id=11801126

Today Show...she couldn't pinch one single tear

I have to say that part really bothered me. If my husband were killed, I would be in pieces. I don't know if I would be ready to go on national tv that soon after. They would have to sedate me or something.

That was a common complaint about DT in Somer Thompson's case too. That convinced many that she had something to do with Somer's murder or at least knew who did.

As we know now, she had nothing to do with it and didn't even know the perp who lived in the neighborhood.

I learned not to judge during that case. FWIW

She may be on medication. Believe it or not, there are several medications that prevent tears. We just don't know.

Like I said before, I have no clue what happened. But I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until I hear something that points to her.

It all seems a bit pat, a bit hand in glove: a story about crossing into the waters of another country after having been warned, and then apparently suffering the consequences; and then the attempt to blame authority for not doing enough, calling out one's governmental officials as if they were somehow to blame; the playing upon fears north of the border about the lawless nation to its south; the appearance within days on national television; the publicity campaign.

I don't need to see the woman in tears in order to smell a rat. To me it's a non-issue; everyone handles sorrow differently. What is an issue is what I wrote above - it's all a bit pat, a bit hand in glove.

Im not sure about this but wouldnt his body sink? How was she able to get back to him and turn his body over?

I noticed the no tears also. She could have been cried out by this morning or as Kimberlyd125 said Somer Thompson's mother was the same way. These drug cartels in Mexico are heartless monsters killing anyone that gets in their way men, women, pregnant women, helpless elderly and children. It makes no sense why they didn't shoot her also. She saw their faces and boat. I feel horrible for even having these thoughts about this woman and when it's proven she had noting to do with it I will smack myself upside the head for her.

I noticed the no tears also. She could have been cried out by this morning or as Kimberlyd125 said Somer Thompson's mother was the same way. These drug cartels in Mexico are heartless monsters killing anyone that gets in their way men, women, pregnant women, helpless elderly and children. It makes no sense why they didn't shoot her also. She saw their faces and boat. I feel horrible for even having these thoughts about this woman and when it's proven she had noting to do with it I will smack myself upside the head for her.

I have my concerns with her story too. I just would rather wait for more info before calling her a liar. KWIM

I know exactly how you are feeling. I feel the same way.

According to this article there was a witness who came forward:

A third party apparently came forward and told deputies of seeing a personal watercraft speeding back from Mexico while a boat followed behind, firing gunshots

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/articles/falcon-117639-heights-police.html

I remember in another article they stated they will not release this person's name, and I don't blame them. Once you release their name they will be dead in a matter of time.

I don't know what to think just yet but so far I believe her .... I would think that if he is still in the water he should be washing up somewhere by now, they need to check the currents for the lake etc.....

Another thing and this is jmo.... you can not trust the Mexican Feds. They are paid off by these drug cartels to stay out of their way. I am not saying they all are this way but a good portion of them are, sooooo just because they haven't found anything yet does not mean anything, they may have found something and just aren't saying, their family's are at stake as well kwim.....

and again all my opinion

Mexican officials for the most part are very corrupt.
It's way out of hand.

I believe her.

And I expect more and more stories like this unless we get control of our border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha