Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexicans Name Suspects in Pirate Attack on American Couple
Two Brothers Are Suspected Members of Zeta Drug Cartel, Mexican Prosecutor Says

Mexican officials have not released photographs of the two men, but identified them as Pedro Saldiva Farrias, 27, and his brother, Jose Manuel Saldiva Farrias, Juan Carlos Ballesteros, an investigator with the attorney general's office of the Mexican state of Tamaulpas told ABC affiliate KRGV-TV in McAllen, Texas.

Both were said to be suspected members of the Zeta drug cartel from Nueva Ciudad Guerrero, near the abandoned town where David and Tiffany Hartley were sightseeing before they were ambushed, according to Ballesteros.

~snip~

Yesssss!! Praying they find David! There is more at link and a video.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-pirate-attack-suspects-identified/story?id=11842316

Mexicans Name Suspects in Pirate Attack on American Couple
Two Brothers Are Suspected Members of Zeta Drug Cartel, Mexican Prosecutor Says

Mexican officials have not released photographs of the two men, but identified them as Pedro Saldiva Farrias, 27, and his brother, Jose Manuel Saldiva Farrias, Juan Carlos Ballesteros, an investigator with the attorney general's office of the Mexican state of Tamaulpas told ABC affiliate KRGV-TV in McAllen, Texas.

Both were said to be suspected members of the Zeta drug cartel from Nueva Ciudad Guerrero, near the abandoned town where David and Tiffany Hartley were sightseeing before they were ambushed, according to Ballesteros.

~snip~

Yesssss!! Praying they find David! There is more at link and a video.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-pirate-attack-suspects-identified/story?id=11842316

You beat me to it! I was just reading this news article.

lol! This is such good news! I wonder how they got the names? I'm thinking paid informant. :twocents:

BBM:

I think you're right x 2 LOL

I think it's great news & I think the info came from an informant...

JMO

I've been reading about this all week, and I've yet to read what kind of work the Hartleys were doing in Mexico. Anyone care to respond? And I apologize if I missed it at the beginning.

David work for a company called Calfrac. I think it is a Canadian company with international locations. They provide equipment for oil rigs. An article stated he started as a truck driver and worked his way up to management. He had also lived/worked in Russia for this same company.

The article is in the Denver Post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were there any witnesses at the loading dock/boat ramp when she came back after the attack?

Did she load her jet ski back on the trailer by herself and drive home?

Were there any witnesses at the loading dock/boat ramp when she came back after the attack?

Did she load her jet ski back on the trailer by herself and drive home?

From the reports on tv snd msm, she didn't go to the boat ramp. She beached it. Then she made the 911 call.
There was a witness to this and he has spoken about it. His identity has not been revealed and I hope it stays confidential.

I've always felt this woman was innocent, and I hope I'm right and they caught the men who did this.

For those who have asked or are wondering, why this couple went across the border at this spot when they knew there had been trouble here before, IMHO, it's because they 'thought it couldn't happen to them.' Of course in hind-sight, they were wrong, but there's many people who are of the same mind-set. I mean, if you've been going back and forth for years and everything was ok, you get a false sense of security.

My son's wife and family are originally from Mexico and they have family all over Mexico. They're always going there for vacation, family gatherings and special occasions. My dil and her parents went just two weeks ago for a cousin's wedding. Because it was further down and they didn't want to drive that far, they crossed over and took a bus for a good deal of the distance.

Of course I worried about them, but they said it would be ok. Then today I read an article that in Brownsville, they had a candle light vigil for a U of T student who was killed a few days prior, when he took a bus in Metamoris to go visit his family. There were three people killed on the bus when a Mexican cartel hijacked a city bus. Now my son goes to Metamoris often to visit his SIL and her family and they tell me Metamoris is safe. :eek:

David was a history buff and as a couple, the Hartleys were adventerous. David's sister said in an interview, they had tried to persuade Daviid not to go down that day. He told him 'it would be alright. He can take care of he and Tiffany.' A friend said that David and Tiffany had stayed in their home in Mexico for a while after the violence had erupted, because David said they wouldn't hurt THEM, because they were part of how the locals earned a living, ie visiting local retailers. The Hartleys didn't move back to the U.S. until David's company asked them to, because of the violence that had been reported escalating.

I know at first Mexican LE tried to down-play this and tried to put doubts about the wife's story. But think about it, they didn't want to bring attention to their town, and the spotlight onto the local criminals. But now that it's gotten a LOT of attention, including Ms. Napolitano of HLS, the heat has made it necessary that the local Mexican LE cooperate. Thus, allowing the number of searchers in the vicinity the past several days. And now we hear they have TWO possible suspects.....................The suspects names were most likely provided by the locally based cartel to take the heat off.

I feel bad for this poor woman and all of their family and friends as well. But poor Tiffany has had the more difficult time, especially when so many people doubted her story and she's been looked at like a criminal. I just can't even imagine, loosing your husband in such a horrific incident and then to be accused of making it up and that she really killed her husband?!

I pray the cartel and the Mexican authorities follow through with this all the way to the end, and allow this grieving family to bring their loved one home, and prosecute the guilty parites.

JMHO
fran

PS....I'm just going to post again, the link alwaysonmymind provided yesterday about the history of David and Tiffany Hartley. It's the most comprehensive story I've read about the couple thus far. They really seemed like a very nice young couple. Just fwiw,...fran

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16293727

PPS....Here's a link to the student killed in Metamoris. Now he was a Mexican national going to school in the U.S. He was home visiting his family, and ended up an innocent victim. There have been over 25K innocent people killed in this drug war over the past few years. The current president declared war on the cartels, so the majority of the murders have happened during the current administration....fran

http://www.kens5.com/internal?st=print&id=104661534&path=/news
Candlelight vigil takes place for slain Texas student

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...o_speculation_about_lake_pirates_story_is.php
Napolitano: Speculation About 'Lake Pirates' Story Is 'Unwarranted'

David work for a company called Calfrac. I think it is a Canadian company with international locations. They provide equipment for oil rigs. An article stated he started as a truck driver and worked his way up to management. He had also lived/worked in Russia for this same company.

The article is in the Denver Post.

Well that certainly is interesting. Not wanting to go to the edge...but this brings so many scenarios into the picture.

Sorry if I missed it, but does/did Tiffany work and if so, where and what kind?

What this story says in general about our society is very sad.

Our lacking in the "trust" department has been eroded to nothing. A lot of that is thankx to people like Susan Smith, the Acid attack lady; the mom a few weeks back that put her car in the boat ramp; etc.

Its almost like a big story of the boy who cried wolf. We, as a society, don't trust anyone regardless of what the story is. Unless the person as substantial proof - we are wary.

I saw Tiffany and David's mom on Geraldo last night. He apologized but being the journalist for so many years - even he said at first he didn't want to believe her.

It a terrible thing that we, as a people, have lost some of our compassion and built our distrust up to enormous levels.

What does that say for us as a nation?

REMINDER: MSM is coming out with stories of suspects in this case as can be seen here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-pirate-attack-suspects-identified/story?id=11842316

With this story, I want to remind everyone that David's wife is a victim here, as is all of David's family. Because there were stories published questioning the veracity of Ms. Hartley's story, some sleuthing/comments were allowed that might not normally have been allowed. The suspect stories would tend to lead us away from that line of thought. Please remember TH is a victim and post accordingly.

If you have questions, let me or one of the other mods know.

Thanks,

Salem

lol! This is such good news! I wonder how they got the names? I'm thinking paid informant. :twocents:

Politics. This is how it is normally handled. There's so much pressure on the Mexican officials for an answer a deal is made with the cartel to "surrender" a few to calm the waters....(no pun intended) whether they were responsible or not.

I still think there is more to this story...for numerous reasons. Local "pirates" or just wannabes, yes. Drug cartels...no. What could they possibly gain....a few bucks and a jet ski? And then they let the only witness to a murder for the above mentioned "score" go on her merry way to tell about it? It takes three boat loads of "cartel" to chase down and kill 1 man, let her go, and then decide to chase and shoot at her again.....and miss again? First they were hundreds of yards away....she couldn't see them...then they were close enough where she was looking down the barrel of a gun....still couldn't "see" them because she was staring at the gun while pleading with "it" not to shoot her. Cartel does not usually take the body....they decapitate/mutilate and leave it to scare the bejes out of anyone else for future reference.

Were they not doing something illegal by being in Mexican waters themselves?

How many tourists still decide to go to Mexico and spend their monies there to perpetuate the ongoing situation? Ridiculous. I'm waiting for the reality show previews................Take your mate to Mexico....cheap divorce or separation guaranteed.

I'm sorry for the families lose, but something is definitely off with this whole story.

This is a quote from the Sheriff: "U.S. law enforcement officials said Thursday that they have undisclosed "information" leading them to believe Hartley had no criminal involvement in the alleged attack on her husband. Sheriff Martin Cuellar of Webb County, Texas, said Thursday that authorities have information suggesting Hartley's story is credible. "Information has surfaced that we can't disclose at this time that she didn’t commit any kind of offense," Cuellar told reporters. "

TH has basically been cleared at this point by the local authorities.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/1...-alleged-pirate-attack-mexico-reportedly-ids/

Salem

REMINDER: MSM is coming out with stories of suspects in this case as can be seen here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-pirate-attack-suspects-identified/story?id=11842316

With this story, I want to remind everyone that David's wife is a victim here, as is all of David's family. Because there were stories published questioning the veracity of Ms. Hartley's story, some sleuthing/comments were allowed that might not normally have been allowed. The suspect stories would tend to lead us away from that line of thought. Please remember TH is a victim and post accordingly.

If you have questions, let me or one of the other mods know.

Thanks,

Salem

I think it should also be added for those saying, things as they broke the law and crossed over these waters illegally. While that may be true, they did cross over illegally. It not a reason to not show compassion and it by no means justifies the killing of this man. Could you imagine if every time an illegal crossed our border we shot them dead! Hindsight is always 20/20, and as TH has stated it was “stupid”. I would bet that most, if not all have done something “stupid” in their life or broken some sort of law that could have ended in tragedy, such as this. It could be something as seemly innocent, say as jay walking, or talking on your cell phone while driving, and so on. This man did not deserve to be murdered and for that, I hope justice is served!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member