Found Deceased Mexico - Dean Lucas & Adam Coleman, both 33, Navolato, Sinaloa, 21 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure either, why bother killing these guys? Why the extreme hostility? Did they possibly camp somewhere on private property (like someone mentioned on here) and pay the ultimate price?

From PE I'll just say that a motive, like camping on private property, is unnecessary in an area like this, with people like this, and let's leave it at that. It was a shiny van with foreign plates and men inside with dreadlocks and a lot of unmarked containers. To be honest, I'd be more surprised if they made it through Sinaloa unharmed.

Yeah it definitely makes sense the way you described it. Going by their FB accounts these guys were experienced travelers and spent time in countries like Papua New Guinea, El Salvador, Guatemala and had also been to Mexico including Acapulco several times before this trip. They didn't seem like the type of guys to take travel advisories very seriously and did their own thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From PE I'll just say that a motive, like camping on private property, is unnecessary in an area like this, with people like this, and let's leave it at that. It was a shiny van with foreign plates and men inside with dreadlocks and a lot of unmarked containers. To be honest, I'd be more surprised if they made it through Sinaloa unharmed.

I definitely don't think this was the superior motive. With Canadian license plates & a shiny van it would have been easy to get everyone's attention to then be followed to wherever they might have tried to camp.

Snipped by me

Another article

The prosecutor announced that an agreement was State Security Council, assign a panel investigating officers to track down those responsible for these acts.
One day before the discovery of the van, Dean Lucas and Adam Coleman, both 33 years old, were reported missing from the second girlfriend, who would be in the city of Guadalajara, Jalisco."

https://cadenanoticias.mx/nota.php?cont=notas¬a=25644

BBM - I won't be holding my breath on this comment - it's widely known that Mexico has a very corrupt government. I really doubt this horrific incident will ever be solved, unfortunately.

Rest in peace, Dean & Adam - my prayers go out to their family and friends as well...so sad.

Maybe they where just in the wrong place at the wrong time if they had stop off points during their journey like stop for petrol, drinks, etc they could have been targeted in a town they stop of at and then was followed out of town either that or something happened when they was driving on the road did they witness something they should not have seen

I honestly believe that part of the allure for these two free spirits was the danger. The thrill seeking. You would have to be born under a rock to not know of the dangers of travelling in this part of Mexico. And I'm a fan of Mexico, I go every summer, but to the Caribbean coast because of all of the travel warnings. I believe they knew, but never thought it would actually happen to a couple of fun living, free spirits like them. I hope they did not suffer. Very sad.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah it definitely makes sense the way you described it. Going by their FB accounts these guys were experienced travelers and spent time in countries like Papua New Guinea, El Salvador, Guatemala and had also been to Mexico including Acapulco several times before this trip. They didn't seem like the type of guys to take travel advisories very seriously and did their own thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess some small consolation is they lived a full life. Just the word Sinaloa scares me.

Just want to let y'all know that if you need an article translated I'm happy to do it! PM me or just post the link here and I'll do a translation as soon as I see it.

Hey, Cosmic: may you please translate this for us? I have found no recent articles in English, and although the fb's of those close to the men indicate they are no longer with us, we are still awaiting official confirmation. I tried google translate, but it reads super confusing. Heh. TYIA
http://equilibrioinformativo.com/2015/12/australiano-desaparecido-iba-a-mudarse-a-m-xico-dice-novia/

Hey, Cosmic: may you please translate this for us? I have found no recent articles in English, and although the fb's of those close to the men indicate they are no longer with us, we are still awaiting official confirmation. I tried google translate, but it reads super confusing. Heh. TYIA
http://equilibrioinformativo.com/2015/12/australiano-desaparecido-iba-a-mudarse-a-m-xico-dice-novia/

Yeah. I apologize if this is a little muddly, I'm having a rough night.

MISSING AUSTRALIAN WAS GOING TO MOVE TO MEXICO, SAYS GIRLFRIEND

The case of two Australian surfers, followed by internationally recognized media such as The Guardian and The Telegraph, highlighted the link between Sinaloa and drug trafficking.

She says that this was the first time that both her boyfriend and his friend were in Sinaloa. They sustained a long-distance relationship, Adam visiting occasionally. "We were going to meet together at the same place, nothing more than that this time he was not going to leave, basically. The day before I was supposed to meet him, he didn't answer me and that was strange - that's something he never did."
The discovery of a burned-out van in Navolato, Sinaloa, with two bodies inside, registered to two Australian tourists who had been reported missing, has caught the attention of international press concerning the dangerousness of Mexico.

Dean Lucas and Adam Cole (sic) were traveling from Edmonton, Canada to Mexico, intending to arrive in the city of Guadalajara on the 21st of November, but they never showed up.

They are examining the DNA of the burned Australians in the van, and the analysis will help to clarify whether the bodies belong to Dean Lucas and Adam Coleman. (note: this sentence implies that the bodies are definitively Australian, but that's more of a feature of Spanish grammar and the author's assumptions. As of now, DNA tests have not been finished and we don't know for sure the identities of the bodies)

Finally, Andrea said that for those close to Adam and Dean it's become in practicality an accepted fact that the two are dead based on available information, as well as the confirmation that the burned van was registered to the two surfers.
The Mexican woman Andrea Gómez, girlfriend of Adam Coleman, complained in an interview with news agency Associated Press that the Mexican authorities are not helping in this case. "But we keep hoping, because we still don't have the results (of DNA testing to identify the bodies)", she says. A day later, the police found a burned white van similar to that of Coleman and Lucas.
We cannot formally identify it (the van, I think?) in the sense that the physical condition in which they were found does not allow it. It had no license plates, and a call for help appeared through social media.

Bolding is not by me, it's in the original, for some reason. The last sentence of the article is very confusing to me. Either I'm translating something wrong or the final sentence is just weird.

Also found this, for what it's worth
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/missing-surfers-in-mexico-bodies-found-in-van-had-gunshot-wounds/story-e6frg6nf-1227634243294?nk=f6522cee590aadb8af247a05161e39c4-1449209188

Sorry if I'm not making sense. Cases having me all broken up and flipped inside out.

Thank you so much for the translation, Cosmic! You're the best. This is terrible. I'm really glad that they have arrested the three so quickly, likely saving other lives that these creeps may have taken. Two young free spirits that were snuffed out too soon by these losers.
The suspects, whose car flashed police-like lights to stop the van, confessed to shooting a long-haired tourist in the face when he resisted a robbery on a road in the gang-plagued northwestern state of Sinaloa on November 21, said chief state prosecutor Marco Antonio Higuera Gomez.
The robbers killed the second man, drove the vehicle to another location and “set fire to the van with two bodies inside,” Higuera told reporters.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...n/news-story/25471292e0efa546c2060a7c87774696

Thank you so much for the translation, Cosmic! You're the best. This is terrible. I'm really glad that they have arrested the three so quickly, likely saving other lives that these creeps may have taken. Two young free spirits that were snuffed out too soon by these losers.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...n/news-story/25471292e0efa546c2060a7c87774696

No problem. I can't think of too many causes better than helping to solve missing persons cases in which to translate things during my free time :sleuth:

It's like something out of the Wild West - what a sickening and cowardly evil attack

Oh no, are you kidding. Shot in the face then burned alive, I hope the favor get returned. what a cruel way to go.. Sick people.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-drove-pair-desert-set-fire-inside-van.html

According to the article, he was shot again before the van was burned. Not that that's much better. The men arrested look pretty scary. I can't help but feel sad that crime is a way of life for so many in Mexico. Just a cycle of violence. So pointless.

Aww. I'm glad they're doing this. They did a Paddle Out in SD for a friend of my Bro's that passed (big surfer):

We are proposing all State Associations and Surf Clubs in Mexico hold simultaneous Memorial Paddle Outs for Dean Lucas and Adam Coleman this Sunday, December 13, at 10:30 a.m. The number of participants is not important, although of course, the more the better.
Our intentions are clear and simple: to express our condolences and solidarity to the families of Dean and Adam, friends and surfer brothers, and to show the world the love, brotherhood and solidarity of the surfing community of Mexico.
http://www.theinertia.com/news/nati...two-australian-surfers-who-disappeared-there/

Just how they would have wanted it to be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back