Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case really reminds me of Denise Thiem. However, learning that she was involved in anti-police protesting is very foreboding. Do you recall the case of the mass kidnapping and execution of college students by the Mexican police?Oaxaca, and many other parts of Mexico are under the dominion of cartels and like American gangs they have been known to frequently harm women as initiation. I hope they can get that footage if it's not too late.

Jeny%20Chen_1461632945363_1915182_ver1.0.jpg

her last message to her friends was 'I'm going hitching,'

Her husband says Chen's citizenship makes it difficult to get help from the U.S. State Department. He's been talking with US & Chinese consulates and Mexican authorities. But he gets no sense that any agency is doing anything to find her.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/seattle-woman-disappears-hitchhiking-through-mexico/153002008

Two observations of the picture.

1. The picture is posed. She is not actually hitchhiking in the picture. Since she is holding the sign away from traffic. So the picture doesn’t really prove one way or the other if she was in fact hitchhiking. Though it looks like she probably was.

2. She was not alone. It was not a selfie. Somebody was with her taking the picture.

From what I can tell, her trip was going perfectly fine until she got to Oaxaca. Then she disappeared somewhere along her planned route from Oaxaca to Cancun.

w8aIitI.jpg

Image source

2. She was not alone. It was not a selfie. Somebody was with her taking the picture.

From what I can tell, her trip was going perfectly fine until she got to Oaxaca. Then she disappeared somewhere along her planned route from Oaxaca to Cancun.

w8aIitI.jpg

Image source

Looks like the US/Mexico border? The person taking the picture could by any random person.

I think it's a toll booth, the freeways in the wealthier part of Mexico are toll roads. I think she asked whomever had stopped to give her a ride, to take a photo.

Looks like the US/Mexico border? The person taking the picture could by any random person.

That was my first thought too. But then looking at it closer I think it looks more like a toll plaza.

I don't think anyone has posted the link yet to the "Help Find Jenny" page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/?fref=nf

It sounds like her husband has hired an investigator and they are tracking her last known route and trying to get access to any video cameras. He has reached out to police, news agencies, consulate, etc. and is posting updates on all that...

Thank you for posting this. Reading her husband's posts are just heartbreaking.

#HelpFindJenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they find her

I cant imagine a more dangerous thing to do than hitchhike through mexico, even if not alone

A mexican lady posted on the community page that she had seen Jenny and she was with a man. She gave a fairly lengthy description and will be speaking to the PI.

The husband states he is raising "ransom money"??? Has there been notification that ahe is being held for ransom?

A mexican lady posted on the community page that she had seen Jenny and she was with a man. She gave a fairly lengthy description and will be speaking to the PI.

The husband states he is raising "ransom money"??? Has there been notification that ahe is being held for ransom?

That's probably why they are asking for surveillance cameras in that area.

I haven't read anything more about ransom money.

This is terrifying.

Mods, is this allowed? If not please delete with my sincerest apologies....
http://m.weibo.cn/d/jennycqd?jumpfrom=weibocom

ETA: I've self-alerted my own post just in case. I don't want to violate TOS

:scared: for Jenny!
:candle:

If that is really her weibo I'd be very concerned. On the 4th this individual said they were almost raped. Then the next day, the last post says that it only takes one bad person to ruin their life but they're trying to be positive. Poor woman may have had a premonition of her own demise.

She was scheduled to be gone until July? And if she's having trouble finding work- how was this trip a good idea? You can't find a job while you're on a four month backpacking trip in a foreign country, right?????

If that is really her weibo I'd be very concerned. On the 4th this individual said they were almost raped. Then the next day, the last post says that it only takes one bad person to ruin their life but they're trying to be positive. Poor woman may have had a premonition of her own demise.

I'm really REALLY worried that she's in terrible danger.

“I have a meeting with the private investigation team… and they have some witnesses pointing in what direction she went,” her husband said.

He also has contacted both the U.S. and Chinese embassies in Mexico (Chen has a Chinese passport) and the Mexican authorities for assistance, but says that he has made little headway with any official government agency.

“I can’t describe my disgust at this point,” he said, about the lack of help.

Reinhard said that several locals in Mexico, including members of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Oaxaca, planned to help him on his search.

http://www.seattleglobalist.com/2016/04/27/jenny-chen-missing-seattle-mexico/50514

13092198_10206190559704924_6855483740640949393_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member