Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Federal Resources for reference:

Homeland Security / Resources Available for Victims:
https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/r...=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=search-sl

To report suspected human trafficking:
1-866-347-2423

To get help from the National Human Trafficking Resource Center:

1-888-373-7888
or text HELP or INFO
BeFree (233733)

"To get help, call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) at*1-888-373-7888 or text HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733).The NHTRC can help connect victims with service providers in the area and provides training, technical assistance, and other resources. The NHTRC is a national, toll-free hotline available to answer calls from anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. The NHTRC is not a law enforcement or immigration authority and is operated by a nongovernmental organization funded by the Federal government."

Blue Campaign / Homeland Security
https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign

"The Blue Campaign is the unified voice for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) efforts to combat human trafficking. Working in collaboration with law enforcement, government, non-governmental and private organizations, the Blue Campaign strives to protect the basic right of freedom and to bring those who exploit human lives to justice.

Through the Blue Campaign, DHS raises public awareness about human trafficking, leveraging*partnerships*to educate the public to recognize human trafficking and report suspected instances. The Blue Campaign also offers*training*to law enforcement and others to increase detection and investigation of human trafficking, and to protect victims and bring suspected traffickers to justice. To view all available Blue Campaign resources, please visit our*resources*page."

U.S. Passports and International Travel
U.S. Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

Mexico Travel Warning
LAST UPDATED: APRIL 15, 2016

"The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens about the risk of traveling to certain places in Mexico due to threats to safety and security posed by organized criminal groups in the country. *U.S. citizens have been the victims of violent crimes, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery by organized criminal groups in various Mexican states. For information on security conditions in specific regions of Mexico, which can vary, travelers should reference the state-by-state assessments further below. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning for Mexico, issued January 19, 2016, to update information about the security situation and to advise the public of additional restrictions on the travel of U.S. government (USG) personnel."

Snip

"U.S. citizens are encouraged to lower their personal profiles and to avoid displaying indicators of wealth such as expensive-looking jewelry, watches, or cameras. U.S. citizens are encouraged to maintain awareness of their surroundings and avoid situations in which they may be isolated or stand out as potential victims.

Kidnappings in Mexico have included traditional, "express," and "virtual" kidnappings. Victims of traditional kidnappings are physically abducted and held captive until a ransom is paid for release. "Express" kidnappings are those in which a victim is abducted for a short time and forced to withdraw money, usually from an ATM, then released. A "virtual" kidnapping is an extortion-by-deception scheme wherein a victim is contacted by phone and convinced to isolate themselves from family and friends until a ransom is paid. The victim is coerced (by threat of violence) to remain isolated and to provide phone numbers for the victim's family or loved ones. The victim's family is then contacted and a ransom for the "kidnapped" extracted. Recently, some travelers to Mexico staying at hotels as guests have been targets of such "virtual" kidnapping schemes."

Reinhard said she texted him on April 11 from Oaxaca in western Mexico and told him she would be out of contact for a few days while she traveled across the country to Cancun.

"I told her, 'please take the bus,'" he said. "She did not listen to me."

He said the private investigator has told him she was last seen walking out of Oaxaca on the Pan American Highway.

Reinhard said he "waited and waited and waited" for days at the Cancun hotel where they were supposed to meet, then contacted the American consulate, reported her missing and began searching places like hospitals.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

Rsbm

He said the private investigator has told him she was last seen walking out of Oaxaca on the Pan American Highway.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

Jumping off your post:

Pan-American Highway (North America)
Oaxaca, Oaxaca
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-American_Highway_(North_America)

"From the city of Oaxaca, it continues southeast as Mexico Highway 190 for about 230 km (140 mi)to the village of Juchitán de Zaragoza . The Pan-American Highway is now in southern Mexico, which is a combination of small mountains, hills, and jungles. It is another 90 km (56 mi) to the border with the state of Chiapas and another trip across the Continental Divide."

attachment.php

Attachments

• Highway System(2).jpg
    Highway System(2).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 398
It is said she is a "green card" holder. I am not that knowledgeable about these things, but my understanding is that a person with a green card should not be out of the US for over 6 months if they want to retain the permanent resident status. Just thinking, on the chance she went off the grid voluntarily...so if she tries to re-enter the US at one of the US-Mexico border crossings, would there be an immediate alert at the border point if she tries?

I hope the case is something like this, rather than the terrible alternatives that might have befallen her!

(Just as an aside, is it legal to visit Cuba now? Articles say they were going to visit Cuba.)

Reinhard said she texted him on April 11 from Oaxaca in western Mexico and told him she would be out of contact for a few days while she traveled across the country to Cancun.

Rsbm

So, why would she be out of contact for a "few days"...is there no cell reception anywhere between Oaxaca and Cancun? Or internet? And she knew this in advance? Did someone tell her there would be no reception? Or was it just standard for them to go days without communicating? How often did they usually communicate while she was traveling?

Possibilities:

1. Encountered a stranger (s) while hitchhiking, couchsurfing, traveling / abduction / sex crime:
A. Being held alive
B. Murder victim
2. Voluntarily went off the grid
3. Kidnapped for ransom (cartel, noncartel)
A. Still being held alive
B. No longer alive
4. Kidnapped for human trafficking / sexual slavery purposes
A. Being held alive
B. Murdered by traffickers
5. Had an accident while hiking, etc (fell off a cliff, drowned, got stuck in a crevace, got lost in the jungle), no foul play.
6. Encountered foul play and a resulting cover up by someone close to her.
7. Committed suicide.
8. Victim of robbery, murdered.

Any other thoughts/possibilities?

It is said she is a "green card" holder. I am not that knowledgeable about these things, but my understanding is that a person with a green card should not be out of the US for over 6 months if they want to retain the permanent resident status. Just thinking, on the chance she went off the grid voluntarily...so if she tries to re-enter the US at one of the US-Mexico border crossings, would there be an immediate alert at the border point if she tries?

I hope the case is something like this, rather than the terrible alternatives that might have befallen her!

(Just as an aside, is it legal to visit Cuba now? Articles say they were going to visit Cuba.)

A green card entry will alert INS. I was a resident alien (green card holder) for several years. There is a certain length of time you are permitted out of the US. Not sure what it is nowadays.

Has her family spoken in the media?

A green card entry will alert INS. I was a resident alien (green card holder) for several years. There is a certain length of time you are permitted out of the US. Not sure what it is nowadays.

Has her family spoken in the media?

Her family is in China. I haven't seen any MSM reports out of China about her being missing.

I posted her Weibo account earlier but it appears to have disappeared (mod deleted it??). It's China's version of Facebook, I don't see why it would not be ok to post here, but whatever.

Jenny's husband seemed to only be on contact with her through her FB page. Is there a reason that would be? For instance, is it "free" on her phone to post on FB, but would cost money to communicate directly, phone-to-phone?

Jenny's husband seemed to only be on contact with her through her FB page. Is there a reason that would be? For instance, is it "free" on her phone to post on FB, but would cost money to communicate directly, phone-to-phone?

I don't know exactly how they stayed in contact. He mentioned Skype and FB in one of the stories linked earlier. He didn't comment that often on her FB posts, but he might have messaged her on FB. Personally, I can't imagine traveling with a phone plan that didn't allow for a large number of calls and texts. JMO

Her family is in China. I haven't seen any MSM reports out of China about her being missing.

I posted her Weibo account earlier but it appears to have disappeared (mod deleted it??). It's China's version of Facebook, I don't see why it would not be ok to post here, but whatever.

That post is still there (#71 at this moment): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...*endangered-American*&p=12511885#post12511885

I wish I knew Chinese. Does her husband speak Chinese?

This is why this if off, he has never posted about his communications with her, if my wife were traveling along (she never would be in a place like this) we would be in constant text contact which we are on a daily basis even when not traveling. That is why my theory is that she is leaving him on this self discovery quest, met someone, whom she probably already had met on line and they are living it up. There has been no postings about what her family is saying.....he has the time to respond to every donation, but is not showing me a sense of urgency in what he is going after. Why doesn't he know here login for her phone records, if your married you more than likely share an account....free spirit or not, they would have been in more communication and would know more about each other's accounts. What about bank records, what were those looking like - he has not provided that info. I wish I was local PD as I would like to ask him some of these questions after he filed his report, which he said he was going to do, but did not actually confirm that he filed the missing persons report in Seattle.

Someone is duping us here, time will tell whom.

That post is still there (#71 at this moment): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...*endangered-American*&p=12511885#post12511885

I wish I knew Chinese. Does her husband speak Chinese?

That weibo link used to go to Jenny's account, but now it seems to show several different people's pages. I wonder if her account was taken down. I think it was the screenshot in English that was mod-removed from the post, as we can't post screenshots from SM. Her husband lived in China, but he may not be fluent if he was associating with people who wanted to practice their English, like Jenny. Chinese is one of the most difficult languages to learn, per my googling.

I was thinking something similar except that the husband is in on it with her.... Maybe they were planning on starting a new life elsewhere, and thought they could use the $15k from ******** as a nice startup in Mexico.

He joked around twice about losing his wife in Mexico in early March and then early April he joked thank god he doesn't have to file a missing persons report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. Her husband is at Mexico right now speaking with multiple people and Mexico TV has broadcast her missing plus flyers are hung everywhere. Someone apparently spotted her at Santa Rosa in Oxaca a few days ago according to the FB group.

Possibilities:

1. Encountered a stranger (s) while hitchhiking, couchsurfing, traveling / abduction / sex crime:
A. Being held alive
B. Murder victim
2. Voluntarily went off the grid
3. Kidnapped for ransom (cartel, noncartel)
A. Still being held alive
B. No longer alive
4. Kidnapped for human trafficking / sexual slavery purposes
A. Being held alive
B. Murdered by traffickers
5. Had an accident while hiking, etc (fell off a cliff, drowned, got stuck in a crevace, got lost in the jungle), no foul play.
6. Encountered foul play and a resulting cover up by someone close to her.
7. Committed suicide.
8. Victim of robbery, murdered.

Any other thoughts/possibilities?

9. She got lost or stranded somewhere.

But I think the possibilities are getting narrowed down as time goes on, with all the publicity that this case is generating. If she is still alive she must be hiding pretty good, or someone would see her and recognize her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member