Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been able to dig up any statements or posts by the family in China?

Not sure that we can't rule out that she just left and went home as I have not seen anything from them.

Also the husband has never posted any of his previous conversations with Jenny or her family between him and her/them - just a few posts between her and her "friends".

Hmm...

On her Help Find Jenny page, there is a response in Chinese (concerned friend?) in Jonathan's post on May 4th thanking the people of Oaxaca :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

In another post, there is a summary of his trip to Mexico.

I've thought that too but was afraid to say it. It would also provide a (non-sinister) explanation for her husband coming across to some of us as less concerned than he should be, and for why he was okay with her going on such a long trip alone in the first place.

I don't think so.., they have a lot of pictures over the last couple of years on Facebook together... Doesn't really add up.

I can't find any new information on SM or MSM. Has anyone else?

I can't find any new information on SM or MSM. Has anyone else?

No. Any updates have been posted by her husband on her Find Me page. on Facebook.

I first read about this case yesterday and this keeps sticking in my brain. I've traveled quite a bit in Mexico and know a lot of adventurous travelers. Not one of them would ever backpack and hitchhike their way around Mexico. I don't think any sane person would, especially a female traveling alone. And her husband was OK with her doing this? The thought of it just really blows my mind. IMO something is "off" about this whole story.

Ultimately it's her choice, he doesn't control her. Seems like she was going to do this no matter how he felt. JMO

Ultimately it's her choice, he doesn't control her. Seems like she was going to do this no matter how he felt. JMO

Certainly Jenny has the right to abandon her life and hitchhike around Mexico, and her husband doesn't control her. However, in a partnership of marriage, there's usually a little more cooperation going on where one party does not run off to another country to hitchhike around while the other party is worried sick back at home.

There is something off about this missing person story.

I think just hopeful remark, he is no stating "No News" praying for some today.....but doesn't sound like he has leads. He says he has an interview with the AP at 1pm. Donations have stopped coming in and he has slowed down his updates. Lack of anything from Jenny's family in China (at least posted on the sites we can see) is puzzling to me. JMO

So- his wife has been missing for nearly a month in a dangerous foreign country....and he takes a couple days 'offline'?

Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot?

Maybe he was "finding" himself like she was "finding" herself.....

If it smells like poo...it's poo.

I just checked out his FB page. I know it was right after she was determined to be missing but that list of 'things to do' was just bizarre. I am planning a party for my graduating daughter and I made a food list that sounded like that and ended with 'any other suggestions'. You don't make a list for finding your missing wife 'call the cops' 'fly to Mexico' any other ideas? Either this guy is just completely socially off or this situation something other than a missing person.

This is why this if off, he has never posted about his communications with her, if my wife were traveling along (she never would be in a place like this) we would be in constant text contact which we are on a daily basis even when not traveling. That is why my theory is that she is leaving him on this self discovery quest, met someone, whom she probably already had met on line and they are living it up. There has been no postings about what her family is saying.....he has the time to respond to every donation, but is not showing me a sense of urgency in what he is going after. Why doesn't he know here login for her phone records, if your married you more than likely share an account....free spirit or not, they would have been in more communication and would know more about each other's accounts. What about bank records, what were those looking like - he has not provided that info. I wish I was local PD as I would like to ask him some of these questions after he filed his report, which he said he was going to do, but did not actually confirm that he filed the missing persons report in Seattle.

Someone is duping us here, time will tell whom.

And he was skiing in the west while she was backpacking across Mexico? And nobody was texting daily? I smell cod here.

So- his wife has been missing for nearly a month in a dangerous foreign country....and he takes a couple days 'offline'?

Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot?

well, it is a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation; if he had a bigger online presence people will demanding why is he online and not actually doing anything to find her
staying online 24/7 is not going to find jenny; emotionally he might need to take a break from public spaces which does not mean he is not in contact with the authorities
we know she is missing, unfortunately is now up to the mexican authorities to do something about it
we had 2 aussie travellers going missing in mexico, they were driving a van with their surfboards, one had a mexican gf and still they chose to drive through a dangerous area...sadly their naivete cost them dearly
i am hoping jenny is found but people need to listen to warnings,as beautiful as mexico and its people can be it can also be threatening and dangerous as the missing 43 students and the women of juarez (to name but a few) can prove

She is very young and has lived all her life but 3 years in a very controlled society. She may be very naive about Mexico/Central America and the actual lawlessness in society there. Her husband may have tried to explain it but she is in the "I know everything already" age group and any talk to discourage her may have made her more determined to go. We have all been there.

And he was skiing in the west while she was backpacking across Mexico? And nobody was texting daily? I smell cod here.

Is there any evidence this was a marriage of convenience, so she could move to the US? What I am getting at is maybe they are not soul mates, just two people brought together for some mutual benefit?

Is there any evidence this was a marriage of convenience, so she could move to the US? What I am getting at is maybe they are not soul mates, just two people brought together for some mutual benefit?

Here is his description (as edited by Komonews) of their getting together: It wasn't love at first sight, he admitted. "We met at a place where everybody practices English. And she asked me if I liked Kentucky Fried Chicken," Reinhard said. "Just a very warm and dedicated person. And I'm not the easiest one to get along with and we just stayed the course. Yeah. Just fell in love," he added.

He definitely doesn't come off as being excessively romantic.

The headline of that early article (linked below) has interested me from the beginning though I do think she is actually missing. However, I don't think he has anything to do with her disappearance

http://komonews.com/news/local/seat...oes-missing-during-backpacking-trip-to-mexico

Here is his description (as edited by Komonews) of their getting together: It wasn't love at first sight, he admitted. "We met at a place where everybody practices English. And she asked me if I liked Kentucky Fried Chicken," Reinhard said. "Just a very warm and dedicated person. And I'm not the easiest one to get along with and we just stayed the course. Yeah. Just fell in love," he added.

He definitely doesn't come off as being excessively romantic.

The headline of that early article (linked below) has interested me from the beginning though I do think she is actually missing. However, I don't think he has anything to do with her disappearance

http://komonews.com/news/local/seat...oes-missing-during-backpacking-trip-to-mexico
BBM

Yes, the use of the word "claims" jumped out at me too, especially since most MSM articles used the same word. I imagine MSM didn't want to commit to his story right away. But I agree that she is actually missing, and he didn't have anything to do with it.

I followed a thread last year about a husband who disappeared under somewhat suspicious circumstances. His wife didn't have any idea where he could be or if he was OK. He was found a few weeks later across the country on a road trip. He went home, but we never found out what he was thinking. The best case scenario is that Jenny is doing the same thing.

news report in Mexico:

[video=youtube;pckHa_wefAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pckHa_wefAo[/video]

I'm confused now whether this is some sort of fundraising hoax, or an actual missing person. In reality, it strikes me as extremely odd that a woman from China, married and employed as a banker in the US, would suddenly quit her job for a hitchhiking adventure in Mexico. Additionally, she apparently had a near miss with two men shortly prior to her disappearance, and that did not scare her enough to play it safe. None of that sounds right.

Did she have any type of psychological disorder? The above actions and decisions almost sound like a death wish.

I thought she worked as a bank teller from June 2013-June 2014?

There is a big age difference between her and the husband, twenty years or so.

Maybe she had a change of heart. IDK.

That is more like having an adult child live with you than a marriage partner. Different culture, different generations. That explains a few things to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member